“Best Lunch Sandwich”

Georgio's Village Cafe
Ranked #1 of 92 Restaurants in New Hartford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Utica, New York
“Best Lunch Sandwich”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stopped in during a busy lunch hour. One of the best lunches I've had out! Service wasn't fast, so as long as you're not in a hurry or super-hungry, this is a great lunch spot.

• Visited October 2013

Utica, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best greens ever!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I go as often as I can! I love their food- the atmosphere is very city (like in NYC village). And I don't even mind the wait- because their bar is cozy yet cool! You can NOT leave the Utica area without trying Georgio's greens- and the chicken riggies are my fave! I always have leftovers because they have great portions! A great date place- friends nite- business lunch or dinner! I even bring my kids! Highly recommend!

• Visited October 2013
Oneida
“great food, but a bit loud”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

waited an hour to sit on a Saturday night, which was fine since the bar is active. Service and timing on the food was good. Marinara was also good. We had the valley greens which were so so. The pastas are served almost as soup with lots of sauce, we had alfedo and marinara, which was delicious. Prices reasonable.

Visited October 2013
“Georgio's is lame”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

First of all: Five staff members walked past us before anyone even looked at us. I ordered grilled chicken salad for lunch. The menu said mixed greens - it was bagged wilted iceberg. They charged .75 extra for my salad dressing. If you want to take your leftovers home they charge .25 for the container to put the food in that you already paid for. If you want to share a dish it's an extra $3. My friend said no mayo - but they put mayo on the sandwich & it looked pre-made with wilted lettuce & a stale bun. Georgio's used to be good. Now it's lame.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Deefrawley
Bethel, Connecticut
“The Greens are great!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This visit was, at best, disappointing. The dining room is small and crowded, the waitress kept running into me and it is so mind numbingly loud in there that conversation with your dining companions is futile.

We ordered the Giorgio greens to start and they were excellent. 2 out of 3 of us ordered lunch entrees off the menu that said "homemade hats". We thought "yeah, hand crafted pasta". And ordered. The timing was a little off in that we were still eating salads when the lunch course came out. The homemade hats was a total fallacy. They were mass produced, commercially made pasta. When we asked the waitress about it, she nonchalantly told us that they don't make their hats. I asked why they hadn't changed their menus since they clearly said it was homemade pasta. She looked at me blankly, shrugged and moved on. No offer to try to get us something else, no apology, NOTHING! And then, after all that the hats were just meh. The hats and broccoli consists of store bought pasta and 2 pieces of broccoli(I counted) in a thick not quite butter, not quite garlic, not quite tasty sauce. The marinara sauce was better.

For the price, the ambience or lack thereof due to noise volume, the crowding and the indifference to their customers to be truthful about their products I can find better places to go. However, I will definitely order the greens to go next time I am in town.

• Visited August 2013