“What an awesome place!!!”
Review of Sumo Restaurant

Sumo Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 94 Restaurants in New Hartford
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Naples, Florida
“What an awesome place!!!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We go here every time I am visiting! We go for lunch/dinner and the sushi is always fresh and the service is great!! We tried Hibachi for the first time here and it was so much fun and the food was delicious! I have been to many sushi restaurants and this is the BEST!!!!!!

Rome, New York
“Good entertainment, very good food.”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We went to this restaurant yesterday as a group and had a nice time. The place was very busy and naturaly we had to have reservations to get seated as a large group. The atmosphere was very nice, well decorated, and each Hibachi/dining area was in a seperate area for privacy and noise control. The prices were what I expected it to be, $22.00 for a steak and shrimp meal cooked on the community hot plate. The chef was entertaining and kept everybody engaged. The food was very good and ended up filling a 10 inch plate once all was said and done. We ended up being there for about an hour and forty five minutes. I have to say, for the money spent, I never feel like I get enough food to eat. This holds true for all of these types of Hibachi reataurants, I guess some of the price has to pay for the entertainment. I have been to Mitsuba's as well in New Hartford and I have to say that the food is equally good. I have found that Sumo's is a louder, party style Hibachi restaurant as Mitsuba's is more family oriented. I would go to either of these places again. Both restaurants are in the smart shopper books as well, an additional savings.

• Visited October 2013
Utica, New York
“Enjoyable Japanese”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Sunday afternoon. Very enjoyable experience and the prices are quite low for sashimi prepared this well. I'd recommend that you stay with the Japanese; the tuna tartare appetizer was especially good today. There are Chinese and Thai items on the menu but the Japanese selection is quite large & in our experience is the best offered by Sumo. Service is always superb.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Sumo Restaurant? Share your experiences!