“super clean”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Hartford
whitesboro, United States
“super clean”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

what a great place to stay.excellent service and very clean.there was popcorn and cookies for free.the hotel manager was super friendly.These hamptons are far better than most 4 and 5 star hotels.The price is well worth it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Vineland, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2013

A+++++ Clean,Friendly staff, awesome rooms. The moment we walked in the lobby looked and smelled amazing. There were cookies on the table, and they offered us bottles of water. This is the best Hampton Inn that we have stayed at so far!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed November 15, 2013

For business or pleasure, this hotel provides the best in service and amenities - with access to fine restaurants and area attractions. Eight family members stayed in four rooms to attend funeral services. The hotel staff treated us exceptionally well. We will definitely return when visiting the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

New York
Reviewed November 10, 2013

New hotel, excellent quality in every way. Rooms clean, spacious and updated décor. Staff friendly and accommodating. Breakfast delicious and nice variety. Pool and fitness area wonderful. Safe area. Books up fast though. We recommend this hotel for all out of town travelers both business and family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

San Jose, California
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We recently stayed here while visiting Hamilton College - it happens to be the closest Hotel to Hamilton, and one of the newer ones in the area. It's in the middle of nowhere (and also in the middle of an apple orchard) and a teeny bit hard to find, but once you are there it's all good. The lobby was nicely decorated and spacious, same with the breakfast area, the gym is bigger than most and was clean. We stayed in a King size room and it was clean and nicely furnished. 2 small complaints - the grout on top of the shower and already starting to peel away and the toilet was not well affixed to the floor. Hopefully they will fix those 2 issues. One other problem, was that on the Saturday night, there was a party in the event room. Our room was right on top and it was very very loud until 11pm. That said, I would stay here again (and already have a future reservation), but get a room in another area of the hotel.

Room Tip: If you are on the 2nd floor, request a room at either end of the hallway - thus avoiding being on to...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
orrstown, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Warm and pleasant, staff was helpful and always available. Everything was warm and welcoming. Clean fresh was my first impression and my last. We will stay here again. Plus the apples were a plus to our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Waterford, New York
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We went away to stay in your New Hartford hotel for my boyfriend's 30th birthday weekend. A very exciting event and we were looking forward to having an inexpensive get away, we recently moved and really needed a break from work and the stress of moving and were looking so forward to this trip.

The long and short of it is, my boyfriend was told he would get an employee discount, his general manager did not tell him he had to go to a specific website to book the room so we just booked the room assuming we get the discount when we get to the hotel. This was not the case. He was given a travel passport by his hotel, and we handed this in right at the front desk. They asked "You're looking for the employee discount?" and we said yes. We were checked into our room and we thought all was well. The next night, I was checking my bank account to see how much money we had to play with the next day and I had a pending charge for $358.18. I immediately called the front desk to notify them of the situation. They said that the discounts are not applied until check out and it was just a temporary hold on the account. This was a relief I thought...until we went to check out the next day.

The next day we go to check out, and nope, it was $358.18. We explained to the front desk people that we were told by two employees that we were getting the employee rate. They couldn't help us and had no authorization to do a refund of any sort. I had to call my mother and have her pay via her credit card over the phone as I didn't even have that amount of money on us.

We then called the general manager who also would not help us what so ever and was incredibly rude.

Last night, my boyfriend tried to go get some groceries and my card was declined. I checked my account, the Hampton took an additional $174.00 from my account on top of the full charge of $358.18 they already took. I immediately call the hotel and talk with general manager. She didn't and wouldn't explain why it happened and just told me it would be credited back to my account....my bank said that could take 1-5 business days. Luckily it went back on the account today, since I literally only had $1.67 in my bank account and wasn't able to even get lunch today due to that money being pulled out my account...three days after the check out day when I paid in FULL.

I asked the general manager for the owner of the hotel's information. She told me I "wasn't getting it" and hung up on me.

I've tried contacting corporate who has been completely useless as they have no access to accounting or billing...the second lady at corporate I spoke to was super nice and understanding but couldn't do anything.

I feel we are being discriminated against because of my boyfriend being an employee and if I were any other customer this would have already been resolved. It may be his discount but it was my account this money was pulled from and my parents account that money was pulled from. I'd also like to emphasize that when we booked this room I listed myself as the additional guest.

The entire situation is inappropriate and unacceptable from all standpoints...I was overcharged not only once, but twice. I've been hung up on, and never even apologized to for the inconvenience.

Today I was looking through the Hampton's website and came across that you have a "100% Satisfaction Guarantee". I request at this time, that you honor it and credit me back the full $358.18 from my initial stay. I see no stipulations or restrictions listed on the website for this guarantee and have read of many situations where people have received this guarantee for much more minor situations(air conditioning didn't work, etc.)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Rachel W
DonnaHouseman, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We are glad that all issues have been resolved and that you were able to understand the policies and procedures set by your company.

We wish you good luck in your future endeavors!
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Hartford
#2 of 3 in New Hartford
No photo provided
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica
Fairfield Inn & Suites Utica

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford? Share your experiences!