All reviewsbaseball tournamentdunkin donutsup to dateother guestsyogurtmoteltoasterny
Reviewed November 8, 2011

My room was located in the separate building. It had a musty odor. Baseboard heaters dirty. Desk scratched. Shower, TV and heating worked fine. Satisfactory bed and bedding.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I was afraid to stay here based on previous reviews, but it was about the only game in town when I needed a room close to the Heritage Trail. The room had recently been renovated (except for the bathroom mirror which still needed to be done), it was clean (tub was so clean I had no qualms about taking a bath in it--tho the tub was very small), the bed was comfortable and had a ton of pillows! We initially had a problem with the TV working, but the clerk offered us another room if she couldn't get it to work for us (turns out it was a simple fix--mostly operator error on our part), and she was very pleasant. Room was very quiet, even though we had people on both sides of us. The breakfast was quite adequate, with 4 types of cold cereal, instant oatmeal, 2 types of milk, 2 juices, bagels and mini muffins and bananas, oranges and apples--a little more than I expected to get, considering how cheap the hotel was. This was the cheapest hotel in the area and easily worth what we paid for it. Would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I have rated this hotel poor value because even though it was cheap, it was of very poor quality. I am happy to pay top dollar for quality and service and feel hotels deserve to charge more for high quality service and product.

Regarding the hotel: I heard that there were the renovated rooms and the old rooms. We definitely had the old rooms. They are the ones behind the front desk area. Bad things:

- One night in and the next morning I was very itchy. Two days in and I had a rash all over my stomache and back. Enduring a rash and flying in economy for five hours is not fun.
- The tap water tasted strange.
- The bathroom wall next to the tub was bulging from water damage. Paint from the tub was peeling and plugging the drain.
-The window lock would not lock. So easy to pop out and all their rooms are ground floor. We had to leave the room for the day and the whole day I was worried about a break-in. I called mid-day to inquire if a lock or bar had been put in place as requested. Their response, 'Not yet, but we'll do something.' Came back to the hotel room and the pvc pipe allayed any further concerns.

Good things:
- Their continental breakfast had English muffins I have never tried before.
- Our room wasn't vandalized.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated room?
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sealfat
Reviewed November 22, 2010

The room itself wasn't bad. It was small, but comfortable. The wi-fi signal was good but the internet connection cut off for about 15 minutes, but that was a fault of the connection to the ISP, not an internal thing. It came back up pretty quickly, so that wasn't a problem. The motel is located on busy US 6, and road noise was noticeable all night long, so it might behoove a guest to request a room that isn't parallel to the road like mine was. The main shopping district (restaurants, etc.) is a few miles away on NY 17 at NY 211, but there are a couple of fast-food places north of I-84.

I would have given this motel a solid positive review if not for the miserable showering experience I had. The water pressure was good but the temperature was difficult to get just right. Turn the knob too far one way, and it was too cold; turn it too far the other way and it was scalding hot. It was nearly impossible to find the happy medium. Then during my shower, a couple of times the water suddenly became too hot, then when I got it regulated back it turned freezing cold. The front desk clerk did write this down when I checked out and maybe they'll get it fixed, but as it was the schizophrenic shower totally ruined my good feelings about this place. Maybe other rooms aren't as bad but the room I was in .... sheesh. I'd be willing to give them one more try but if the problem happened again, I'd forego a third stay here and choose something else.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I recently spent 2 nites at this Days Inn, which looked nicer than the photo on the website. The room was clean & roomy enough. Motel is set back off the road with an area where kids can run & play in the back around the pool. Continental breakfast was cold cereal, bagels & donuts. No restaurants close by but there were a few a couple of miles up the road. WiFi connection in room was spotty. All in all it was fine for the price.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo