“Great Burgers” 4 of 5 bubbles

Burger Loft
Ranked #4 of 77 Restaurants in New City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

This place has great burgers and very good french fries. We ordered our burgers with mushrooms and onions and it was perfect. Cooked to perfection. If your in the area and want a good burger this is your place. No one in our party tried anything else on the menu maybe next time...

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Stevec418

NY
“They missed our boat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is perhaps an unusual review in that I am going to comment on my own personal experience based on two telephone conversations with the staff, and my daughter's comments on the foods.

My daughter went here with a friend and LOVED the food. She said she had the best Caesar salad "of her life." (She's 12 and considers herself a Caesar salad maven. My friend (adult) who took my daughter there also said the food was really good (she had a burger). I have not eaten here myself.

For her 12th birthday, we wanted to saddle together 8-9 or so local girls and treat them to dinner at The Burger Loft. I called to inquire as to whether we could save a table for 8 "tweens" and 3-5 adults or so at a certain date and time. The person on the phone was very cavalier sounding and brushed me off saying, "we don't take reservations."

I understand if they don't take regular reservations for a quick dinner, but I thought I would call back in a few days and try my luck again, explaining that this would be a group that would very reliably show up (as I was to put together an "evite" and would have RSVPs, etc). The place was only a couple of months old and I thought not only would they get a big bill out of us, but it would expose this new place to many new customers. When I called back, I was brusquely told, NO, we don't take reservations.

I thought it was a misstep on their part. A new place in town turned away a group of 14 or so people, from many local households? Both times I called, I felt the people on the phone were curt and unprofessional sounding. Their loss....we had the gathering up the road at American Burrito and took the girls to Everything Yogurt for dessert. We spent lots of cash on this group and had a ton of fun.

Again, I hear the food is delicious here...but this experience left a bad taste in my mouth and I will not be dining here.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank bkramer947
West Nyack, New York
“Best Burgers in Rockland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I love this place! The burgers are amazing (cooked perfectly & always fresh) and the service is always great. Definitely the best burger you can get in Rockland. Everything is reasonably priced too. I also really love the cider! Can't wait to go back :)

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Liza M
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Very good burgers w great beer selection.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Very good burgers and beer, reasonably priced. Great craft beer selection, also fairly priced. If you want a decent burger that is not fast food, this is the place.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Tom P
“Great burger joint in New City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Super great burgers with great fries. Shakes are awesome as well. Good beer selection. Great addition to New City resturant scene. Only negative is it gets a little loud at times. But I like that as it drowns the noise my kids make out.

1 Thank Madskiervt109