“Fresh Bakes Bagels and Much More”
Review of David's Bagels

David's Bagels
Ranked #1 of 5 Bakeries in New City
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed July 29, 2012

David's Bagels has a large variety and all fresh. I especially love the flagels, not has dense as regular bagel (flatter)They also have great deli so you can have a wonderful sandwich

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Valley Cottage location has cheese and onion bagels most days and they are worth the trip. Usually busy but lots of staff so the line moves quickly.

Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

I first started going to David's Bagels in 1992 when when my family moved up to Rockland County. At this time, the store was half the size and people would wait out the door on a Sunday morning for bagels. This was the place to be in New City. Twenty years later, David's has significantly gone downhill. The store is filthy. The tables are never clean and there is constantly trash on the floor. On a recent visit, there was bird poop on the door no one had bothered to clean. The bathrooms are frightful. The display cases are dusty and the signs faded. The employees had been bright eyed high school students 20 years ago. The employees are usually hung over busy on their phones instead of helping customers. On many occasions, I have witnessed employees mouthing off to customers. Sadly, the food has also deteriorated. The cream cheeses and tuna in the display case typically has a layer of crust on top, the cookies are stale and the coffee typically has the grinds in it. It is sad to see such a nice place go downhill.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

OK, I admit it. I'm spoiled. I regularly go to Manhattan, and Brooklyn.
I'm a sucker for hand sliced smoked fish that you could read a book through. Fish and that are warm because they never had time to get really cold. Bagels that are doughy but clearly don't contain sugar.
You won't find any of this here. Is it bad? No, but for all those calories...I'll wait for my trips in manhattan. Not cheap either.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Every Sunday I look forward to my bagel from David's.....Always fresh and always delicious!

Been to David's Bagels? Share your experiences!