“Great dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had a wonderful experience at La Terrazza, We have ben going to La Terrazza for over 15 years, everything was great the ambiance, the food the service, we were a table of 6 and the place was packed.
We look forward to returning soon!

Lisa

Reviewed September 9, 2012

La Terrazza is a popular Italian Cusine. It looks like a house you might find in northern Italy. We've eaten in the second dining room on the left each time. Waiters are always friendly and helpful.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Try this Italian restaurant in New City for a good homemade meal
The pastas are fresh and tasty. Unless it has changed, they do not accept credit cards.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Did not even eat, Management obviously untrained in customer relations. Our seating area was not air conditioned on a day that was over 90 when requesting that the AC be turned on or a fan be provided, his response was "dont you think I would have done so if I could" I than stated it was brutal and how could we enjoy our gathering which was met by " it is what it is" i than said I really dont think I can eat here, "what did you order so i will stop them preparing" in the mean time over half the restaurant was empty with large tables in air conditioned section, he grudgingly moved the party, but i was done, he also tossed a "typical New City Customer" slur my way. I left but at least my group had a cool section to eat. Wow in this economy, this fellow really should take a reality check. I would never set foot in this establishment again.

1  Thank Larry S
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The setting is very nice. A restaurant in a home style suburban setting with cozy dinning areas. Good for dinner conversations.

Service was very friendly but not frequent. A carafe of water is left on the table but just before we are about the use it its wisked away to another table. Getting it back was a chore.
Utensiles are not replaced. No one checks to see if the food is satisfactory after its delivered. Getting the side dish order right and the type of coffee also proved to be a challenge.

The food reflects a similar lack of attention to detail. The sauces and the cheeses were overbearing but probably masked the underlying problem with freshness of the fish, shrimp, chicken, and eggplant in the main dishes. We shared a cranberry/apple tart for dessert. Nice idea to warm the tart and have ice cream and whipped cream around it but the way it was served made it an unexpectedly soft mushy dish.

1  Thank ViewontheHudson