“A long ago wonderful week.”
Review of New Age Health Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Neversink
New Age Health Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Neversink
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I am truly saddened that the spa had to close, when I visited in may of 2002 it was a life saver. In its glory days it was heaven on earth, the food, the staff, the fellow guests. I know that the economy was the final straw but I just want to thank all who made so many guests happy through the years.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank NewLondonCTAdrift

Reviewed March 23, 2012

When my 23 yr-old daughter first laid eyes on the New Age complex, she remarked: "Rehab!" and that is a good name for it, as New Age is an absolutely stress-free home away from home. Rustic-styled accomodations, laid back atmosphere, and a host of activities (both physically and spiritually nurturing) abound. You can enjoy all of them or none and just go your own way. I've been there 4 times & found every meal to be excellent - both healthful & plentiful. The daily price is the most reasonable of all the spas I've looked at or stayed at. Most visitors have been women (a few with a husband or daughter) around 40 yrs. on up, and many are repeat visitors to New Age. I highly recommend this as a starter spa for those interested in taking a first step, and for those looking for a truely down-to-earth vacation.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank GinaDawn2012
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I left this place feeling worse than I did when I arrived, which, for a spa, says a lot. I think that one statement pretty much sums it up, but I'll give you a few reasons why.

1-The spa-I cancelled the last massage that I had scheduled. Again, for a spa, I think that says a lot. The two massage therapists I had for the first three days were nice people, but when it came to the massages, they just didn't do the job. One woman in particular barely used any pressure, and even though she asked me if I had any spots that needed extra work (I told her my lower back), she barely did anything there.

2-The food-there are a couple of twenty-something-looking kids running the kitchen, who have no idea what they're doing. One evening they served a stuffed zucchini, which was a zucchini that had both ends cut off and was cored, and the inside was stuffed with some sort of indistinguishable brown colored filling. Wait...it gets worse. It was served standing up on its end, looking like some sort of vegetable phallic symbol. You could hear other people in the dining room laughing about the presentation. Wait...it gets worse. The only way to cut it was to lay it on its side, and when you cut it, the brown stuffing came out of both ends, looking like diarrhea. This dish was the worst of all the dishes that were served while we were there, and indicative of a kitchen crew that's clueless.

3-The room-granted, we knew going in (since my wife had been there a few years ago) that this is not a deluxe place, and it's like summer camp for adults. Still, the room we had looked like it had the same furniture since day one (worn and dated). One of the light bulbs in the bathroom was out (not acceptable), the bed was hard as a rock, and the pillows were worn out, soft, and not supportive. I woke up the morning of our departure with a pain from my left shoulder up my neck, that hadn't subsided until Saturday (and we left on Tuesday). Also, one of the light fixtures in the hallway was directly outside our door, and bled in around and under the door, so that the room was pretty well lit up. Considering that you're in the country/mountains, you'd think that you'd be able to sleep in the dark...nope.

4-The grounds-when my wife visited a few years ago, the place had an operating greenhouse and herb garden that were sources of a lot of food that was prepared. Now, the greenhouse is unused and dead, with weeds growing up through the ground, and the herb garden is untended and overgrown with anything but herbs. On the property is a labyrinth that is now unusable, and there's the decaying remnant of a sweat lodge that probably hasn't been used in years.

It's a shame how obvious it is that this place is on its way out. My wife said that the property used to be open year round and for the whole week. Now they're only open from Friday to Tuesday, and after Labor Day weekend they're closed for the season. Allegedly they're going to be open in May, but we don't think that'll be happening. The owner needs to find somebody to buy the place from her, rehab and refurbish everything, and bring it back to some sort of serviceable level that will make people want to go there. It's very sad to see this place, and feel the depressing atmosphere. I know for me personally, it was not a good vacation, and not time or money well spent. Sad.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
12  Thank DiverJay
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Years ago I visited NAHS and another guest there told me she had put her kids in camp and headed for the spa. She called it camp for adults. I agreed. Accommodations are rustic but comfortable. Since then, whenever I've wanted to get in shape, make changes to my eating habits and de-stress...I've headed to NAHS. Visiting there this year was just what I needed to gain perspective on life events and to breathe fresh air. I met wonderful people at the evening lectures and returned home, renewed.

Room Tip: Ask about getting upgraded if the spa isn't full.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank AuroraSky
Reviewed July 10, 2011

This place is such a gem. My good friend and I went for a weekend of R&R and were delighted start-to-finish. This place has just the right amount of everything and there are so many thoughtful touches. The exercise and yoga spaces were lovely, light and large, the staff were kind, never in your face but always there if you needed something. The grounds are lovely and the food is terrific. You can make your stay here anything you want it to be - fitness oriented, detoxing, time for friend connection or time to connect with your spouse. The bodyworkers were excellent and, for a small place, they had a huge variety. I did a shiatsu massage and a wrap. Both excellent. Also, the guests were super nice and down to earth. i think this place attracts them! Came home feeling refreshed and healthy.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jenny K
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I went with my buddy for her birthday and it was a gift to myself. From the moment I arrived and was greeted by the doggies of the owner, I knew I would love this place. The organic food was excellent, healthy, and you could order more side dishes if you were still hungry. Little did I know that this wonderful place would start me on the road to eating healthier and losing weight. Their are many classes, ie: yoga, aqua zoomba, there is a gym. The spa has a steam room/sauna, indoor pool & jacuzzi, All of the staff our super friendly and accomodating. As for the spa, I had one of the best massages EVER! Alex is an expert. After my dead Sea Salt scrub and my skin was silky smooth.
I have been suffering with a medical condition for quite a while and have been very high strung for months. When I left this incredible place, it was like I had experienced some emotional healing and peace, and felt much stronger to face my situation. The anxiety was chased away.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sherryfaith
Reviewed March 10, 2011

At New Age Health Spa, above all else, you can relax and be yourself. The compound is small so everything is easy and convenient. The atmosphere is casual, unpretentious, yet super clean and well maintained. Food was always fresh and well-prepared, and if you wish to lose weight and eat well, you can do it here. We met so many nice women during our stay and had lots of fun conversations over meals. The spa treatments and excercise classes are abundant and comprehensive, and the vast expanses of woods and flelds, with clean air and deep silence is so restorative. I loved the freedom to have a steam bath and sauna as late as 10:00 p.m. and never felt rushed or pressured to do anything but relax. I went for three nights, end up staying five, and never wanted to leave. New Age Spa is a rare treat. It's the real thing!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank Betsarama

Been to New Age Health Spa? Share your experiences!