“My Idea of Camp!”
Review of New Age Health Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Neversink
New Age Health Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Neversink
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Years ago I visited NAHS and another guest there told me she had put her kids in camp and headed for the spa. She called it camp for adults. I agreed. Accommodations are rustic but comfortable. Since then, whenever I've wanted to get in shape, make changes to my eating habits and de-stress...I've headed to NAHS. Visiting there this year was just what I needed to gain perspective on life events and to breathe fresh air. I met wonderful people at the evening lectures and returned home, renewed.

Room Tip: Ask about getting upgraded if the spa isn't full.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank AuroraSky
There are newer reviews for New Age Health Spa

Reviewed July 10, 2011

This place is such a gem. My good friend and I went for a weekend of R&R and were delighted start-to-finish. This place has just the right amount of everything and there are so many thoughtful touches. The exercise and yoga spaces were lovely, light and large, the staff were kind, never in your face but always there if you needed something. The grounds are lovely and the food is terrific. You can make your stay here anything you want it to be - fitness oriented, detoxing, time for friend connection or time to connect with your spouse. The bodyworkers were excellent and, for a small place, they had a huge variety. I did a shiatsu massage and a wrap. Both excellent. Also, the guests were super nice and down to earth. i think this place attracts them! Came home feeling refreshed and healthy.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jenny K
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I went with my buddy for her birthday and it was a gift to myself. From the moment I arrived and was greeted by the doggies of the owner, I knew I would love this place. The organic food was excellent, healthy, and you could order more side dishes if you were still hungry. Little did I know that this wonderful place would start me on the road to eating healthier and losing weight. Their are many classes, ie: yoga, aqua zoomba, there is a gym. The spa has a steam room/sauna, indoor pool & jacuzzi, All of the staff our super friendly and accomodating. As for the spa, I had one of the best massages EVER! Alex is an expert. After my dead Sea Salt scrub and my skin was silky smooth.
I have been suffering with a medical condition for quite a while and have been very high strung for months. When I left this incredible place, it was like I had experienced some emotional healing and peace, and felt much stronger to face my situation. The anxiety was chased away.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sherryfaith
Reviewed March 10, 2011

At New Age Health Spa, above all else, you can relax and be yourself. The compound is small so everything is easy and convenient. The atmosphere is casual, unpretentious, yet super clean and well maintained. Food was always fresh and well-prepared, and if you wish to lose weight and eat well, you can do it here. We met so many nice women during our stay and had lots of fun conversations over meals. The spa treatments and excercise classes are abundant and comprehensive, and the vast expanses of woods and flelds, with clean air and deep silence is so restorative. I loved the freedom to have a steam bath and sauna as late as 10:00 p.m. and never felt rushed or pressured to do anything but relax. I went for three nights, end up staying five, and never wanted to leave. New Age Spa is a rare treat. It's the real thing!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank Betsarama
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Didn't stay over so not sure about that but the food was not good. Paid 60 for a half day pass to get dinner. The meal was probably worth about 9.00. Cook used this tastless appetizer soup in the entre as well... it wasn't even good as the app! Then for desert....one tiny stale cookie on a plate. Save your money or eat in manhattan! Or elsewhere!

• Stayed: February 2011
4  Thank Nj_traveler_atlantic
Reviewed January 2, 2011

My 16 year daughter and I stayed at New Age for three nights during the winter recess. We had just the perfect mother-daughter experience that I had hoped for. We did the dance classes, Bollywood, Zumba, and Broadway Dance, did yoga, Pilates, and meditated at dusk. We were also able to snow shoe one morning along a three mile trail into the woods.

Each day, we had wonderful salads, homemade soups, healthy main courses, and surprisingly fabulous desserts! The room was charming and comfortable. This is my fourth visit, and I never tire of this magical retreat.

Spa services are top notch. Don't expect luxury and you won't be disappointed. If you want good food, down to earth people, and a clean, simple room, you can't ask for better value.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Moosherella
Reviewed October 3, 2010

My friend and I booked a two-day stay at the spa (alas, far too short) to celebrate our 40 years of friendship! To be honest, we chose it because it was the most reasonable, and were very pleasantly surprised. From the moment of driving onto the property we felt a sense of calm and relaxation.
Staff was professional and friendly; other guests friendly and down-to-earth. Most had visited the spa many times. Cuisine was EXCELLENT, and we enjoyed an informative talk by the staff nutritionist. Fruit and tea are available in the dining hall at all times.
The whole atmosphere is very relaxed; we often did separate activities, e.g. one of us reading in the comfy living rooms off the dining room, with a nice fire on a raw, rainy night, while the other went off to a writing workshop and then a movie.
Our room was rustic and comfortable, with whirlpool jets in the tub. The walls are thin; the first night we had no neighbors, the second night the people were quiet (after all, it's not a place to go & party!), so it was no problem. Rocking chairs on the porch outside our door overlooked beautiful scenery.
Areas such as the pool/jacuzzi, yoga/meditation room have been thoughtfully designed with huge windows looking out over the stunning property. Instructors Lyn and Debbie (yoga, pool exercise, Nia) were excellent.
The spa treatment rooms were nice and warm and smelled wonderful; we thoroughly enjoyed the treatments we chose out of a long list.
The spa's 240 acres are beautiful beyond belief (and I live in the country myself!), including meadows, sweat lodge, climbing tower, labyrinth, and miles of trails in the gorgeous woods. John gave us a wonderful 90-minute trail walk (showing some of our group how to go back if they needed to shorten their walk) and was very knowledgable. Walks are only cancelled for inclement weather.
Our only complaint is that the spa is about a 4 1/2-hour drive from where we live, west of Boston! However, that will not stop us from returning: we'd anticipated this to be a one-time trip, but instead have vowed to return annually, or even twice a year if we possibly can arrange it.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank stowtraveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neversink
Honor's Haven Resort & Spa
Days Inn Liberty
Days Inn Liberty
#1 of 3 in Liberty
Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center

Been to New Age Health Spa? Share your experiences!