“Best local restaurant in a long while”
Review of Tate's - CLOSED

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
NewYork and Florida
“Best local restaurant in a long while”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Let me preface this with, I don't like chain restaurants. AND we don't go out to dinner often because my husband and I both love to cook. This was a most relaxing and delicious neighborhood restaurant. The menu was small yet diverse. I could live on their sweet potato salad with walnuts and goat cheese. Presentation can rival any 5 star establishment. The owners are warm and friendly, service is crisp and courteous. Highly recommend.

• Visited October 2013

Hauppauge, New York
“great neighborhood find”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I have been looking for this kind of restaurant that offers quality food, not the run of the mill choices and close to home......I don't know of another restaurant like this in the area.....A real chef makes the food and desserts are made on the premisis...Very cute atmosphere and welcoming staff.....looking forward to going back again and trying something else off the menu...

• Visited October 2013
Rocky Point, New York
“New tasting menu!!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We found out that they have a new tasting menu plus a new wine menu! Both reasonably priced and both very much enjoyable!!! Chef will accommodate if you don't eat seafood! Everything was wonderful! Will go back again soon. Small place, need reservations!

• Visited April 2013
Nesconset, New York
“love it”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I have been going to Tate's since it opened. The wait staff is always so warm and friendly (especially Karen!). The food is delicious. Our favorites are the duck and linguine fini. Even the bread is delicious..everything is homemade. And of course BYOB (now with a corking fee) is so worth it.

• Visited October 2012
Long Island
“Neighborhood Gem”
Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

Good food , service and very clean ! We were very surprised because never ate at Tate's before or knew anyone who had .We are very happy we did and will return!

2 Thank longislandkid