“Very good Italian classics in a friendly environment”

Ragazzi Italian Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ragazzi Italian Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Nesconset
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Across from Smithhaven Mall
Nesconset, New York
“Very good Italian classics in a friendly environment”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

On a recent trip to Ragazzis, our party of 6 all thoroughly enjoyed our selections, which included Ravioli, meat and seafood dishes. Portions are large, food is always good, prices are average but the wait, even with a reservation can be long. One way to beat the crowd and wait time, is to eat at the bar, which serves the full menu. On Saturday nights, they offer a unique dinner and theater package which includes a special menu where you can select an appetizer, entree and dessert. You get a movie ticket as a complimentary gift when you order from this menu.

• Visited April 2013

New York City, New York
“Much better this time around”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had not been here for quite some time but a gift card brought us back. The dining room is very pretty but a little loud. Service was excellent with water glasses and bread basket constantly refilled. The Ragazzi Calamari for an appetizer was excellent. The calamari was soft with a great sauce.

I had the seafood over pasta (mussels, shrimp, calamari, clams) and it was very good. A little too watery in the bottom of the bowl and it could have used some more mussels. My wife had a chicken dish with ham and cheese which she also liked.

Overall a good experience.

• Visited March 2013
Lake Grove, New York, United States
“After the Storm”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went after this last snow storm. What I like about the place is the the owner is always around and a very nice guy. The food is getting better. I feel that they hould ahve more choices on the menu and better specials. We live close and will go here more. Thanks

• Visited February 2013
Lake Grove
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad Experience”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Service is poor, food is a step below an Olive Garden type of food. Long wait for food only to have the wrong order , the manager acted like it was our fault when we asked when the correct dinner would be served? The owner Roger is a creepy little man that made us uncomfortable the way he watched our table. Not one friendly person in the place.Our experience was awful, I had my dinner wrapped since it took for ever, when I got home it looked like they scraped it off the floor. I threw it in the garbage.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank victoria s
Laurel, New York
“ACCEPTABLE FOOD BUT OVERPRICED”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Well appointed interior and very extensive Italian menu but that's about all. Service was spotty and a bit surley, food was variable - 2 of 6 members of our party thought their food was good to excellent, 2 thought it was average and 2 were quite unhappy - we ordered 6 different entrees. My pasta was cold and dry; had to ask for some extra tomato sauce to make it edible. A veal dish was way overcooked and tough; a salad ordered without onions came with extra onions; the garlic rolls were tasty but too oily and cold.
For the price I expected a bit better food and service---if I wanted cold, overcooked food I can always go to the Olive Garden !!

• Visited January 2013