“Always Good Food”
Review of Whistle Stop Cafe - CLOSED

Whistle Stop Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Always a pleasant meal. Nothing fancy but always good. I visit the area several times a year and enjoy stopping here

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I ate hear while staying at Sylvania Country lodging. The lunch was tasty and the price was fair. The burgers were hand made and fresh. The coleslaw was pretty good. A very large selection of pies are offered but after eating a large lunch, we had no room for pie. Our server was very friendly and helpful in advising us of things we could do locally. The atmosphere was ok. Overall, I would recommend eating here if your looking for a comfortable side of the road diner.

1  Thank koluce
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have been dining at the Whistle Stop since it has opened. My Dad used to always comment on the home style meals, good portion, fair price! Big variety of dishes prepared the way your mom would cook! The staff is friendly and accommodating...many were young high school girls who are now grown women with children.
Lisa, the owner/chef, prepares meals as if she is cooking at home for family. In fact we have become like family.
Whistle Stop Cafe, a must stop..for a great meal, and yes Breakfast is awesome too!!

1  Thank Mitch S
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed for a weekend in lackawaxen and ate breakfast here each morning. Service was good, prices excellent as was food. It was diner like but better atmosphere and better food. Bacon was excellent, as was my spinach mushroom omelette. Coffee flowed which was important!

1  Thank lmc59