“Absolutely wonderful stay!”

Mountain Horse Farm
Ranked #1 of 5 Naples B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Suzanne was pleasant, unobtrusive, and provided a wonderful breakfast. The room and grounds were clean and quiet, especially at night time. As a coffee drinker, I welcomed the Keurig which provided a good selection (including Caribou, a favorite of mine!) at any time, day or night. Of course, select teas and hot chocolate were also available. Beds were comfortable, the full digital TV selection was a bonus when we didn't want to buzz around outside, and the location of the B&B is only 5 min. from the Cumming Nature Center where we had a gorgeous walk.

As far as food goes, the Brown Hound Bistro was enjoyable during our stay this time--no more than 15 minutes' drive. You can read my review. Additionally, in a previous stay, we enjoyed Casa de Pasta in Canandaigua, where some of the tastier restaurants are located (only 20-30 min. away from Mountain Horse Farm). We also visited the Redwood for supper on one night; you can read my review of that particular restaurant--to which I will not return.

We look forward to returning to Mountain Horse Farm B&B in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DoctorRansom

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Although the Mountain Horse Farm B&B is certainly a great romantic getaway in the country, it is also a wonderful place for families too! My two young children who grew up in the city always want to see what real horses looks like and here is an excellent opportunity for them to get close and personal. The owner Suzanne is very hospitable and brought my two children to the Stables where we can see them and feed them. There is an electric fence around the horse pens that you need to remind the kids, but they are clearly marked.

As a family of four, we stayed in the Morgan Suite on the second floor which consists of two joining rooms each with queen beds and a connecting private bathroom. The rooms and the private bathroom are very clean and beautifully decorated. So clean that you don't worry about the kids crawling on the floors. As we went in the middle of the week when there were no other guests, we also had the common breakfast room (also on the second floor) all to ourselves. This room is essentially a stunning living room with high end sofas and a big dining table. It's a very nice room to read a book, have coffee, or connect your laptop to their free WIFI to catch up on emails. For what we paid, it was a bargain considering we had the entire second floor to ourselves that night.

I would recommend this experience to any city dwelling family with young kids who yearn to get in touch with nature and horses. Although you cannot ride the horses, just seeing them in their natural environment and being able to pet them and feed them is an excellent experience in itself.

Room Tip: There is a swimming pool and spa pool, but because we went in mid March, it was closed for the seaso...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2012

The Mountain Horse Farm B&B is truly a hidden gem that offers a beautiful view, fantastic hospitality, and delicious food! I took my wife to celebrate her 32nd birthday as well as Valentine's Day and she was completely blown away with the whole experience. We were able to spend some time with the three beautiful horses at the farm, which was a great experience since my wife love's horses. If you are looking for a peaceful place to relax and be treated like royalty, the Mountain Horse Farm B&B is the place to be! if you're ever in the Naples area, I would highly recommend you stop by!

Thank you Suzanne and Ruud, we will be back soon with friends and family!!

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan C
Reviewed January 1, 2012

The Mountain Horse Farm B&B is a must in the Finger Lakes. We have stayed at numerous bed and breakfasts and this one tops the list. Rooms are gorgeous, clean, and private. The jacuzzi under the stats was a great way to spend part of our evening. And the breakfast we just finished was delicious! If you are in the Naples area, this is the place to stay - we plan to return with friends!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I took my boyfriend to the finger lakes to celebrate his 25th birthday. I am so happy we found the Mountain Horse Farm B & B. The property is absolutely beautiful. Suzzane is a fabulous host and her breakfast was to die for!! If you are looking for a truly relaxing getaway then the Mountain Horse B & B is the place for you!! We will definitly return next year:)

Room Tip: We stayed in the Nokota room which is on the first floor. We enjoyed opening our drapes in the morni...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2011

WOW! What a beautiful place. My boyfriend and I stayed here on 17Sept. We did the 6 hour wine tour and overnight accommodation package. Our limo driver was awesome and the B&B is just out of this world. The owners really take pride in their love for their horses and their home is gorgeous! The views from the wrap around porch are breath taking. Beautiful trails to walk down. The rooms are spacious and trendy...not what you would expect to see in a log cabin home. I would recommend this place to everyone I can and have. We will be back here for sure! Also that night when we got back from our wine tour, we chatted with the owners for a while and another couple that was staying there. After we went up to our room my boyfriend proposed! It was the most perfect day of my life and Mountain Horse Farm B&B made it all happen.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We booked here based in part on previous tripadvisor reviews, and all the raves are certainly warranted. The Mountain Horse Farm has it all - a great location, beautiful views, wonderful rooms, excellent food. Our hosts, both two- and four-legged, made it a truly special experience. We loved it! Warning - expect to gain weight, Suzanne is an excellent cook!

Room Tip: We liked the Morgan room (also a suite option with two bedrooms), but Nakota looked nice too.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naples
Monier Manor
#7 of 13 in Hammondsport
Filigree Inn
Filigree Inn
#11 of 15 in Canandaigua

Been to Mountain Horse Farm? Share your experiences!