“best B&B ever”

Monier Manor
Monier Manor
Ranked #5 of 5 Naples B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We have traveled and lived in the South & North East and believe that on average, Monier Manor is the best. The rooms were spotless Donna was a great host and was very accommodating. We will certainly return

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank arayCentralN_j_
There are newer reviews for Monier Manor

Reviewed May 23, 2010

I arrived in Naples late at night on a very cold April day (snow in the air). Luckily, I was staying at Monier Manor -- was able to make a hot cup of coffee, snuggle into a beautiful room full of antiques and oriental rugs, and drift off to sleep on a feather bed under a down duvet with the fireplace going. What a treat. Breakfasts were very special -- Donna is a great cook and uses many locally grown/produced products. Bring on the pancakes with the pure maple syrup -- wonderful. What better place to stay -- an historic home, at the beginning of the wine trail with gracious hosts who know the area and will help you with your plans for dinners, tours, etc. I will come back again and again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank FreqFlyer12
Reviewed April 23, 2010

I have worked for Bruce and Donna Scott ever since they opened their business. Over the last 7 years I have become very close with Bruce and Donna and they have taken me under their wings almost as one of their own. After reading these "stupid" and "negative" reviews I could not help to put my own two cents in here. First off every one has bad days. Bruce and Donna have gone through a lot over the last two years. Running a B&B adds a little more stress to that than some people might think. It's not your average walk in the park. Yes some people have allergies, some people have diet restrcitions, blah blah blah. Donna does her BEST to accomodate those needs and I have to say that her cooking is above and beyond! She is always making something or ceating new dishes, NEVER EVER rude and sarcastic. However everyone is entitled to take things differently. Maybe you woke up in a bad mood that moring and felt that you should take something out on her. With Bruce and Donna devoting every last minute and dollar to that B&B, which is also their home, there are entitled to some freedom. Think again of some of the strain that comes with running your own business, not a walk in the park people. I have worked many a hours in that home making sure that it is as comfy and cozy as I would want my own home to be. Never feel like you are an "inconvenience"to them, they have made their home warm and welcome. Don't judge someone especially if you don't know them considering they might be going through a difficult time. Naples is a wonderful tourist attration, especially in September when the Grape Festival is being held. Maybe you should consider walking in their shoes for a day and see just what the gravy is all about. I would reccomend this B&B to ANYONE!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010
2  Thank beccacaves
Reviewed April 19, 2010

We are frequent visitors to the Finger Lakes and always stay at Monier Manor. Donna and Bruce are like family. The rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated and impeccably clean. Donna's breakfasts are delicious, and she even remembers to serve our favorite dishes!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WineLoverNewJersey
Reviewed April 8, 2010

I have lived in New York most of my life but never visited the finger lakes/ wine country. I loved Monier Manor - great location. The rooms are beautiful and elegant. The food was excellent. I am looking forward to a second trip.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank love2tvlgal
Reviewed April 7, 2010

As both my husband and I are retired we have the opportunity to do excessive travel both stateside and abroad. We also own our own Motor Home, which we use for the lengthy trips. Having both friends and family in the Finger Lakes of New York State area, we decided to take a long weekend trip and stumbled on Monier Manor. We found the Naples area to be absolutely gorgeous in the fall as the color abounded from the hills and valleys, a charming quaint village with great restaurants, and the many wineries. Monier Manor offers beautiful rooms (I just love those cozy feather beds and quality linens) with private baths, fireplace, and sitting area. Inn Keepers Bruce and Donna Scott are really wonderful, fun to be around, knowledgable about the area and the many attractions, and are attentive to their quests needs and special requests. I hope to have the chance to visit and stay with them again in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank classictwo
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We have stayed with the Scotts 6-7 times over the last three years, as we have family nearby. The rooms are lovely and spotless; the service is welcoming and gracious. Donna's breakfasts are delicious and feature the local fruit, vegetables and bacon. Bruce's advice on golf clubs is right up there with the pros. We feel very fortunate to have a home away from home.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HawaiiTraveler12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naples
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites
#1 of 15 in Canandaigua
Filigree Inn
Filigree Inn
#11 of 15 in Canandaigua

Been to Monier Manor? Share your experiences!