“Welcoming and Fun!!!”
Review of Shanley Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Napanoch
Shanley Hotel
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I visited the Shanley for the first time the weekend of July 27th and 28th, 2013. Owner Sal Nicosia and his wonderful staff made us feel at home and we had a blast investigating the premises.
We can't wait to visit again!
Visiting experienced investigators will take you on a ghost hunt, AND/OR you can do investigations of your own---all day or all night long in the common areas, as long as you are a guest of the inn.
We were able to encounter a few pieces of interesting evidence, including EVPs, K2 and Mel Meter hits, and bright prominent orbs were very visible in our corresponding photos.
You need not own complicated equipment to enjoy yourself here. A digital camera and a small voice recorder will do just fine.
But if you get the urge to invest in ghost hunting equipment, the gift room has some devices for sale.
I recommend this inn for a unique, fun, unforgettable stay!

Room Tip: The Marguerite room where my wife and I stayed was very nice, but all the rooms are decorated in a w...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mario M

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have been to the Shanley Hotel every year since I've first learned of its existence. Sometimes when I go I bring someone new with me, if possible. It's a great hotel with a very friendly owner. I have slept in mostly every available room with a bed and wouldn't mind sleeping in a few rooms that don't have beds. Over the years, I have even become friends with the owner, Sal, who is a great guy. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an interesting night filled with a little mystery, suspense, and history followed by a comfortable sleep. The hotel provides a very homely atmosphere. It might not look like much from the outside, but the rooms are nicely decorated and quite cozy. Don't forget to stop at the gift shop before you leave!

Room Tip: If you are into ghost hunting, than this is the place for you. Otherwise, you can still enjoy a grea...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Spent one night at the Shanley ghost hunting with friends. What a great experience. We didn't encounter any spirits but that is okay. The decor is so interesting, rooms are comfortable and hosts are great! You feel right at home. It's all very relaxed. I have been recommending this place to everyone since I came back as a one-night get-away for a group of friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My Girlfriend and I first went there in 2010 just to check it out ..by the time we left 2 days later we just fell in love with this fascinating hotel, Sal the owner was so gracious and kind that 1 year later we booked our team and specially picked friends to join us on a weekend of paranormal investigating // what the team didn't expect was that My girlfriend and I with the help from Sal and Diane Pressler from Dutchess Paranormal plan our wedding.,and we got Married at the Hotel that same weekend on April 9th 2011. was everyone surprised..and so were the spirits ,you see this was the first wedding to ever take place at the Shanley Hotel in almost 100 years since James Shanley got Married at the same Hotel that he owned in April of 1910 , And I do believe that James and Beatrice Shanley where also present you could just feel them in the great room when we took our vows . we plan to go back in Sept of 2013

Room Tip: great place to come and investigate,have fun or just hang out
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank richbellewoodpara
Reviewed July 23, 2013

amazing hospitality from the owner and staff...and spirits! hehe. The hotel is beautifully maintained and is also being renovated on the top floor. So much to look forward to - surely a place to return to.

Room Tip: Ana room is said to be the most active =)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank NatyByNature
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is not hype. I would rank it in the top 3 of all the places we have stayed at and investigated. We experienced everthing from the heavy scent of perfume in Marguerite's room and throughout the hotel at different times/places, to the smell of cigar smoke in Joe's room on the 3rd floor. My daughter had her hair stroked by George in the basement and I had Sweet Thing the cat rub on my leg and move my pant leg in Claire's room. We got a number of EVP's from the ladies in the Bordello rooms, Jonathan on the 3rd floor,and a somber Rosie. We were stunned when we asked George in the basement if he wanted us to leave, and we got a "Stay" twice on the spirit box. Yes, we will definitely return!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joanne H
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight with a group of friends and spent the entire night (and very early morning) ghost hunting.

It's everything you'd expect a haunted hotel to be! Very accommodating owner, incredibly helpful and friendly. I stayed in the gentleman's quarters which was in a dorm setting, with 4 very comfortable queen beds. The little time I did send sleeping was like a baby, completely missing the activity others heard around us while I snored through the night.

A good spread of breakfast pastries and the like were set up in the morning which was a great addition to a night of ghost hunting.

I won't go into detail about what I experienced personally, you have to discover that for yourself when you spend the night.

I look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank AndersonJoe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napanoch
Honor's Haven Resort & Spa
Ramada Rock Hill at Sullivan Center
Minnewaska Lodge
Minnewaska Lodge
#1 of 1 in Gardiner

Been to Shanley Hotel? Share your experiences!