“Excellent!!”

Get food delivered
Ranked #26 of 80 Restaurants in Nanuet
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 17, 2020 via mobile

Beef empanadas, chicken Caesar salad and rice and beans from Estrella's cafe for lunch - delicious! The to-go Don Julio margaritas hit the spot too!

Date of visit: May 2020
Write a reviewReviews (16)

Reviewed February 13, 2020

I was in a hurry and used my GPS to find the nearest diner. Estrellas is where I landed. When I went into the restaurant just after lunch time, there was one person sitting at the bar, a bartender and one server. I was greeted promptly and was served my drink right away. It took more than 15 minutes for the server to come back and take my order. I had a Philly Cheese Steak wrap and a salad. The food came out promptly. The salad was fresh and crisp with a nice assortment of greens. The wrap was really lacking. While the meat, peppers and onions were done nicely, the cheese was awful. It was cold american cheese just slapped on the top of the meat mixture.Had the integrated the cheese properly, it would have been a good sandwich.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed June 8, 2019

Estrellas is surprisingly good. Small, clean and friendly. The dishes are well made, and are fresh and delicious.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 11, 2019

we like it so much we went there 3 times. We all tried different meals and like them all. Large menu with many choices, some we had never seen before. Loved the margaritas

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed February 10, 2019

We have stopped in Estrella's several times in the past few weeks. Every single time it is outstanding. A combination of classic diner food, and an absolutely great Mexican menu.
Last time we had breakfast. I had ham & eggs, done perfectly. She had egg burrito, with several fine sauces, rice and beans, a great breakfast. This time for lunch, a great burger, and hard tacos with well cooked beef.
The service is always excellent.

Date of visit: February 2019