“Better than expected”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nanuet
Hempstead, Texas
“Better than expected”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I really can't agree with the resent negative reviews of this property. I read them and really expected the worse because I felt this was the most convenient hotel to stay at. All I can say is that it is on par with most other Hampton Inns I have stayed at -- and I've stayed at a lot. Yes, there were some superficial issues such as the ceiling being spackled and not painted. A corner of wall paper here and there peeling where most wall paper peels. But the room was very clean, the bathroom sparkling and the bed super clean and comfortable. Aesthetically, I've seen better, but I am planning on staying here again.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get a King Executive Suite -- they are the largest rooms and have jaccuzzi tub...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sheila B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Good Afternoon,

We just wanted to thank you for choosing us to accommodate you on your most recent stay. We know that there are a lot of choices available and thank you for choosing Hampton. I see that you have recently completed a review for our hotel on Trip Advisor. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to do so. Feedback is one of the most valuable tools that we have and enables us to take corrective action, utilize suggestions and share opportunities for praise and growth with our staff. All of this can help ensure a more favorable stay in the future.

Thank you again for choosing Hampton, We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Sheila B.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is just rough. It shows serious wear and tear in the guest rooms. I was surprised at this hampton. I stay at them all over the country. The soap dishes had mold growing on the edges. I was hesitant to even walk on the carpet. It worked for one night. Breakfast was minimal but it was hot. I was glad to head out of this hotel. It just looked like they get a lot of highway traffic. I did write to hampton and inform them of my experience. The management was very responsive to let me know they will look into it.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sheila B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn, Nanuet, NY as your choice of stay. I appreciate you letting us know about the appearence and condition of your room. Hopefully this does not deter you from any of the Hilton Brands.

canada
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had booked in advance noting that we would be arriving late. Nevertheless, when we arrived close to midnight i took quite a while for the clerk to get to the desk and locate our booking. We felt really sorry for having inconvenienced him. But what could we do?

Night staff should be made aware of upcoming arrivals and be ready to welcome them.

The room and breakfast were standard issue, coffee urns in the lobby sometimes dispense cold coffee or none. Not the best managed Hampton Inn we ever stayed at.

Good Afternoon,

I noticed on the survey you felt your stay was less than favorable. We do wish every guest to leave with a positive impression and that being said I was so personally disappointed to receive your review. We do strive to exceed expectations and it looks like we failed you on this visit.
Thank you again for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback and I can assure you this is not the typical guest experience for our hotel. If you are ever in the Nanuet area again, we do hope you will give us another opportunity to win back your commitment.

boston, ma
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Room was very clean though I felt the carpet had not been vacuumed after the previous guest as there was "lint" on the floor, as well as, a hand written note. Bathroom was super clean and was the bedding. Easy check-in and out. I would stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Good Day,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn, Nanuet, NY as your choice of stay. I am glad to see you had a pleasant stay. We hope you come and visit us again.

Sheila B
South Jersey
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here this past weekend while in the area for a family get-together. It was a much more reasonably priced option than closer to where we needed to be in Chappaqua. The proximity to the NY State Thruway makes it an excellent choice. Although it is located on a busy road and next to the Thruway, the windows and walls are very well insulated (triple-paned glass), and we didn't hear a sound (and I am a very light sleeper).

The room and bathroom were both spacious, clean and modern. Yes, there may have been a carpet stain or ding in the furniture here or there, but I didn't see a spot of mold or dirt in the room or bathroom. The bed was pretty comfortable, and the bedding and pillows were great. The best was that the beds were queen-sized, not full-sized like many other hotels. Our two older sons were with us (ages 18 & 20), and they were both comfortable and had plenty of space.

The breakfast was average, nothing to write home about. For one day, it was fine. The young man who was refilling everything was doing quite a bit of running back and forth (had another responsibility as well? Perhaps front desk?). It was adequate with muffins, bagels, fruit, cereals, a few hot items and waffle-maker. There were plenty of tables and the area was very clean.

The woman at the front desk who checked us in and helped me with my HiltonHonors points was wonderful and deserves a shout-out (she worked this past Friday night). I wish I could remember her name, however. Perhaps, Deniyse? Very helpful and friendly. If we are ever in this area again, we would definitely stay at this property.

2 Thank Mom2Boys
Sheila B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I noticed on the review you were pleased with our hotel and for that we are grateful. We do strive to exceed expectations so I wanted to THANK YOU for your great feedback !! Trip Advisor reviews of our hotel are very important to us, and our staff will be thrilled! I will also let Donnice know of your compliments.

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Good location, staff excellent, pool room should have a hot tub, cookies were not available until 5 pm. elevator operation was very slow, we were not given our discount for military service until noticing on bill on morning and then it was adjusted

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed 1 night in a room with a king size bed, sofa, large desk, fridge, microwave and free wi fi.
Room was very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Bathroom had shower/no tub which is what I prefer. Hotel is close to restaurants and shopping and close enough to drive to NYC. Free breakfast included scrambled eggs, which looked rubbery, sausage, biscuits that were too hard, boxed cereal, fruit, juices and pastries. Pricey for Hampton Inn but cheaper than hotel in NYC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sheila B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Good morning!

Sheila B.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nanuet
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nanuet
Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet
Days Inn Nanuet Spring Valley
Candlewood Suites - Nanuet
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Spring Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah

Been to Hampton Inn Nanuet? Share your experiences!