“Nice place in a hurry”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nanuet
Yonkers, New York
“Nice place in a hurry”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I needed a hotel during hurricane Sandy. I would have liked to have stayed in Westchester County, but everything was booked. I found this hotel through trip advisor. It was clean and comfortable. The staff was pleasant but not too knowledgeable about the impact of the hurricane on the hotel. Unfortunately after 1 night the hotel lost power during the storm, and all guest needed to leave. I thought the front desk lady was very helpful. Unfortunately, the next hotel was not as nice.
If you are in the area it is an appropriate hotel/Inn to stay at for basic, clean and professional support.
I would say find something that is not susceptible to power losses in a storm.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I have been going to the Hampton Inn Nanuet for a few years because family lives in the area. It is a wonderful place to stay because their free breakfast is more than a continental breakfast, the rooms are clean and comfortable. If we have needed anything, we've phoned the front desk and they've accommodated us! I also think it's wonderful that they provide bagged lunches at the front desk for those who go out for the day!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was a wonderful hotel stay, especially for the reasonable price. My expectations were high given the praiseworthy reviews, but the hotel still easily met or exceeded them. There were three of us in 2 different rooms visiting West Point for a football game. The hotel was very convenient off the highway, and it was easy to get to West Point and back. The rooms are very large (2 queen size beds in one room, a king bed in the adjoining room), as were the bathrooms, the rooms were extremely clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was extensive, with both hot and cold offerings. There are also many nearby restaurants from which to choose. I would strongly recommend this hotel. The fitness center was quite small, with only several machines, and there was also a small, indoor pool.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Pembroke, Ontario
Reviewed September 24, 2012

8 ladies from Ontario stayed here for 3 night shopping trip and NYC visit. What a great hotel. Rooms were a good size and clean, hotel was quiet, breakfast was great and staff were friendly. Easy access to I-87. Close to palisades mall. Drove to Irvington train station(free parking on weekends) and took train in to grand central station . We will be back!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank homeof5
Kinderhook, New York
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Nice people but there I'd always something. One time the elevator was out for an extend period. Then lobby renovations, they really should have closed for that. This last time the hair dryer shorted out, the toilet seat wad broken and I did not get my Hilton Honors benefits even after I.brought It to the attention of the front desk. Daily newspaper was not delivered to room but was available in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed there 2 nights while attending a wedding a few miles away. Despite being on a busy road (route 59) the rooms were quiet, clean and spacious enough. Our room came with a microwave and refrigerator. The closet had a mirrored door that kept making a racket each time it was opened due to its metal latch--I fixed it in the old McQuyver manner--duct tape covering the magnet! The front desk staff were OK but seemed to spend more time schmoozing than being helpful and the breakfasts were poor to fair. By 8:15 AM they were out of oatmeal, by 8:30 out of muffins. Perhaps more significantly the staff seemed less than interested in explaining the situation or doing anything about it. If I were to be up that way again I would probably stay next door at the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Marshall, Minnesota
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I found this hotel to be another good Hampton experience. When in doubt on where to stay when I visit a new area I usually choose a Hampton. In this case, I was not disappointed. The room I had was very spacious, nice desk, good air conditioning, comfortable. I appreciated the modern equipment in the fitness room. Wifi worked good. We found the entrance to the parking lot a little confusing but once we figured it out it was a non-issue. When back in the area we will be choosing to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nanuet
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nanuet
#1 of 2 in Spring Valley
The Time Nyack
The Time Nyack
#1 of 3 in Nyack

Been to Hampton Inn Nanuet? Share your experiences!