“Typical Hampton Inn”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nanuet
New York
“Typical Hampton Inn”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Nice hampton inn. Recently rennovated and looks nice. Bed seemed a little old and dated but comfy enough. Good breakfast. The location is great right off of 87 and not far from Nyack for good food. I would def stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
North Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We arrived early and the room was ready for us. It was a large, comfortable room. We checked in early and returned late and there were 4 extra pillows on our bed that we hadn't asked for. The wifi worked great in the room. Everything was great until the phone rang at 3:45 A.M., one ring. Five minutes later it rang again and this time I answered and there was no one there. We had not even asked for a wake up call and certainly not at 3:45 in the morning. It did ruin our night's sleep, as we were now up for hours and couldn't fall asleep again. When I complained at the desk the individual said she would look into it. We weren't very happy.

We didn't try the buffet breakfast because we were meeting family, but it looked good.

Room Tip: Take phone off hook.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Pine Grove, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The pool was clean and the water in the pool was warm. My children loved playing in it. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The only two complaints I had was that the walls seemed thin, and we could hear quite a bit of noise from other noisy guests late into the night. Also the wobbly table in the breakfast lobby created some distress through our meal. It was the only 4-person table available, and it wobbled severely enough to spill juice and coffee.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Nice clean and friendly hotel, situated right off the Thruway and near shopping.
A good place to stay for a good nights sleep, the bed was great!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
los altos,ca
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in July- yes, there is construction in the lobby right now, but they do tell you this before you book. Contrary to the previous poster, breakfast was not a disaster for us. It was just located in another room. We got a king room with a sofabed - great for a family, for $102 (aaa rate) - this was the best i found in the area, and nothing else gave us the sofabed option. A/C was central - not a wall unit- and kept us cool. I am picky about this stuff. Bed was very comfy. If you need to be in the Nanuet area, this was a great deal.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tupelo, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Undergoing construction and very messy. Breakfast was a disaster!!

Room Tip: Higher the floor better
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kathy B
NanuetHotels, Manager at Hampton Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Our lobby renovations are complete and out of this world!! Come and see the newest hotel in Rockland County is now even better!! We apologize if you were frustrated. All our guests were notified that the lobby was being renovated at the time of reservation, whether booked on line, calling Hilton 1800 number or any third party (expedia, orbitz, etc). Hilton even went the extra step of sending an alert/reminder when they sent email confirmations. I believe we were very successful in minimizing any inconvenience for our guests. Breakfast was served every day with every breakfast item we always serve. And although breakfast was served in a different area, we actually had more seating then normally. Please, we encourage for every one to come and take advantage of our beautiful lobby and restaurant.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My sister is getting married in July Nyack and we received a group rate for all of our wedding guests for the Hampton Inn in Nanuet. I went online to the Hampton Inn website to get the phone number to call in order to make my reservation and I came across substantially better deals for every room type they had. I have a family of five so I was going to need two rooms and I would have been able to save $180 on my three night stay by booking online right then rather than getting the group rate. I then proceeded to get phone calls and emails from other wedding guests running across the same price discrepancy and it caused a lot of confusion (plus made us look like we got a horrible deal on the group rate.) I decided to call the hotel to see if there was something we could do on our group rate to minimize confusion. I first spoke to a gentleman who was nice and I told him the whole story. He decided to pass me off to the General Manager and while I was waiting on hold I was viewing all the different deals for each room and got ready to book mine through the website instead of getting the group rate. Eventually the GM picked up and began telling me that it was very unlikely that any of those deals still existed and and they just offer those from time to time to fill up empty rooms but I told her I was on the sight as we spoke and they were all still there for every single room type available. She then told me she doubted if they would be there in the next few minutes and told me that we have the best rate that they can offer. Not happy at all, I hung up the phone and proceeded to book my room with the deal on their website and all of the deals they had just disappeared. I'm not talking one, but every single one. So I have to ask myself, did she realize that they shouldn't offer such discounted prices on their website that weekend when we have a 100 person wedding where everyone is staying at that hotel? It seemed to me that the website was changed in a matter of 10-15 minutes during my phone call. There is just such a small probability that it was a coincidence and 40 people all at once decided to go on their website and book the discounted rate for all the different room types for the exact same dates. Needless to say, I am very unhappy with their service and it sours the mood a little for the wedding. So now I had to call and email everyone on our guest list to tell them what happened (and the poor service I received) and I'm now giving different options to our wedding guests for hotels to book. My sister and I (sisters of the bride) have already moved our reservations to a different hotel and will not be giving The Hampton Inn our money. There is already enough on everyone's plate with a wedding, the last thing I needed was this mess with the hotel room prices. WEDDING GOERS BEWARE!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank beach4me500
, Manager at Hampton Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
We are so sorry for the misunderstanding involving your family's group block at the Hampton Inn. We can understand your frustrations and would like to clarify. You were quoted a lower rate from our sales dept to host your sister's wedding guests. I understand that you went to our brand website and saw lower published rates. Hilton Corp does offer lower rates for "advance purchase" but they require that they are prepaid and are not cancelable or able to modify. We also have some limited packages which offer "stay one night get the second at half price" or "stay 2 nights and get the 3rd night free". But these are all limited inventory, sometimes less then 5 rooms and also have specific requirements. It is great if some of the guests chose to stay longer to get even more savings. But I can assure you that your group received the best rate available. I will have our Director of Sales contact the bride and groom to discuss as it is our only hope that their happy event is just that! It is a very special day and they should be rest assured that their guests are treated the very best.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nanuet
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nanuet
Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet
Days Inn Nanuet Spring Valley
Candlewood Suites - Nanuet
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Spring Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah

Been to Hampton Inn Nanuet? Share your experiences!