“Best value in area; very pleased”
Review of Hampton Inn Nanuet

Hampton Inn Nanuet
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nanuet
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in July- yes, there is construction in the lobby right now, but they do tell you this before you book. Contrary to the previous poster, breakfast was not a disaster for us. It was just located in another room. We got a king room with a sofabed - great for a family, for $102 (aaa rate) - this was the best i found in the area, and nothing else gave us the sofabed option. A/C was central - not a wall unit- and kept us cool. I am picky about this stuff. Bed was very comfy. If you need to be in the Nanuet area, this was a great deal.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Undergoing construction and very messy. Breakfast was a disaster!!

Room Tip: Higher the floor better
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kathy B
NanuetHotels, Manager at Hampton Inn Nanuet, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Our lobby renovations are complete and out of this world!! Come and see the newest hotel in Rockland County is now even better!! We apologize if you were frustrated. All our guests were notified that the lobby was being renovated at the time of reservation, whether booked on line, calling Hilton 1800 number or any third party (expedia, orbitz, etc). Hilton even went the extra step of sending an alert/reminder when they sent email confirmations. I believe we were very successful in minimizing any inconvenience for our guests. Breakfast was served every day with every breakfast item we always serve. And although breakfast was served in a different area, we actually had more seating then normally. Please, we encourage for every one to come and take advantage of our beautiful lobby and restaurant.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

My sister is getting married in July Nyack and we received a group rate for all of our wedding guests for the Hampton Inn in Nanuet. I went online to the Hampton Inn website to get the phone number to call in order to make my reservation and I came across substantially better deals for every room type they had. I have a family of five so I was going to need two rooms and I would have been able to save $180 on my three night stay by booking online right then rather than getting the group rate. I then proceeded to get phone calls and emails from other wedding guests running across the same price discrepancy and it caused a lot of confusion (plus made us look like we got a horrible deal on the group rate.) I decided to call the hotel to see if there was something we could do on our group rate to minimize confusion. I first spoke to a gentleman who was nice and I told him the whole story. He decided to pass me off to the General Manager and while I was waiting on hold I was viewing all the different deals for each room and got ready to book mine through the website instead of getting the group rate. Eventually the GM picked up and began telling me that it was very unlikely that any of those deals still existed and and they just offer those from time to time to fill up empty rooms but I told her I was on the sight as we spoke and they were all still there for every single room type available. She then told me she doubted if they would be there in the next few minutes and told me that we have the best rate that they can offer. Not happy at all, I hung up the phone and proceeded to book my room with the deal on their website and all of the deals they had just disappeared. I'm not talking one, but every single one. So I have to ask myself, did she realize that they shouldn't offer such discounted prices on their website that weekend when we have a 100 person wedding where everyone is staying at that hotel? It seemed to me that the website was changed in a matter of 10-15 minutes during my phone call. There is just such a small probability that it was a coincidence and 40 people all at once decided to go on their website and book the discounted rate for all the different room types for the exact same dates. Needless to say, I am very unhappy with their service and it sours the mood a little for the wedding. So now I had to call and email everyone on our guest list to tell them what happened (and the poor service I received) and I'm now giving different options to our wedding guests for hotels to book. My sister and I (sisters of the bride) have already moved our reservations to a different hotel and will not be giving The Hampton Inn our money. There is already enough on everyone's plate with a wedding, the last thing I needed was this mess with the hotel room prices. WEDDING GOERS BEWARE!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank beach4me500
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

We are so sorry for the misunderstanding involving your family's group block at the Hampton Inn. We can understand your frustrations and would like to clarify. You were quoted a lower rate from our sales dept to host your sister's wedding guests. I understand that you went to our brand website and saw lower published rates. Hilton Corp does offer lower rates for "advance purchase" but they require that they are prepaid and are not cancelable or able to modify. We also have some limited packages which offer "stay one night get the second at half price" or "stay 2 nights and get the 3rd night free". But these are all limited inventory, sometimes less then 5 rooms and also have specific requirements. It is great if some of the guests chose to stay longer to get even more savings. But I can assure you that your group received the best rate available. I will have our Director of Sales contact the bride and groom to discuss as it is our only hope that their happy event is just that! It is a very special day and they should be rest assured that their guests are treated the very best.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Hampton Inn is definitely a step up from the other 2 star brands. The staff was extremely solicitious and helpful and the hot breakfast was great. They also give you a "to go" bag breakfast if you want it in a bag. I loved the walk in Shower and the nice granite counters in the bathrooms.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We had an excellent stay there during the Halloween Snow Storm 2011. We took refuge for several days, after the power went out in our entire neighborhood.

My 83-year old mother and her helper stayed in a room with two queen beds. I had asked the manager to give my mother special attention and a special greeting when we arrived.

Manager: Excellent, friendly.

Staff: Excellent, friendly.

Room: New, shiny, pretty, clean.

Bathroom: New, shiny, pretty, clean.

View: Just a local highway, but the windows were tight, and we had no noise.

Amenities: microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and iron plus ironing board

Internet: wireless, free, snappy

Breakfast Buffet: Just fine, not gourmet

Breakfast Dining Area: Clean, shiny, pretty. It's not a restaurant. They have apples, bananas and coffee available all day.

They do not have a restaurant. But the Hilton Garden Inn just behind this hotel has a restaurant. This hotel is along a busy county road. There are restaurants all over within a quarter-mile.

By the way... we had spent a night after the storm at the Super 8 in Nyack, NY. (Blech.) It was such a relief to come to this hotel.

I recommend it without any hesitation.

Room Tip: Our room was over the entrance, and facing a local highway. But we didn't hear any noise.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank RogerNyack
Reviewed May 3, 2012

When I checked in, I was offered a room on the first floor since the elevator was out. Since I was aware that the walls were paper-thin after reading the reviews, I asked for a room on one of the upper floors. I was told that the 3rd floor was almost completely empty and was given a room with "no neighbors". That turned out not to be true for the first 2 nights of my 3 night stay. I was able to hear the guy in the next room talking on the phone, burp, sigh, etc, all as if he was in the same room as me. The rest of the floor was empty, so I don't know why they put us next to eachother. The first morning, I was awakened at 6:30am to the sound of the phone ringing in my room. It turned out to be the phone ringing next door, his wake up call. I actually got out of bed to answer the phone, it was that loud. The toilet in my room barely flushed, and the sink was clogged. I reported this to the front desk on my way out for the day. Morning 2, I was once again awakened by the guy talking on his phone in the next room. He wasn't yelling, he was just talking in a normal tone. How can a new hotel have no soundproofing? When I got back to my room at 8pm, I saw that nobody had cleaned the room or replaced the towels. When I tried to call the front desk, both of the phones in my room weren't working, so I had to walk downstairs since the elevator was out. About the phones, I was told the phone system was down. About the room not being cleaned, I was told that housekeeping left early for the day (I left my room at noon and the do not disturb sign was NOT on the door). About the clogged sink, I was told they would try to get someone up to unclog it that night, but maintenance was busy unclogging someone's toilet. The woman handed me 2 towels so I could take a shower. Someone from maintenance showed up about 90 minutes later to unclog my sink and handed me a plastic bag for my garbage, which I had to take out myself. On morning 3, I was awakened by an alarm clock going off at 7:30. I thought it was mine, but no, it was from the room next door. The guy had already checked out and never turned off his clock. It's odd that I didn't hear his alarm clock on the previous day, only after he had checked out. Since the phones were still down, I used my cell phone to call the front desk. I was told they'd send someone up to turn it off. Someone from housekeeping showed up 20 minutes later, but only hit snooze. When it went off again, I asked another housekeeper to turn it off. The bed was soft and lumpy, and the AC was very loud, especially when it would turn on and off. At least it drowned out some of the noise from the other room. The only good thing I can say about this hotel is that they had a nice complimentary breakfast, better than most places. They also let me check out an hour later, so I was able to get a little extra sleep after the alarm clock incident. I was told that this hotel was just built a few years ago. They obviously went the cheap route with soundproofing. I have stayed in some cheap places before and sometimes you can hear people in other rooms if they are fighting or partying, but nothing like this. DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU EXPECT TO GET A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, you will not sleep. No soundproofing.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank NYC731
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels and sadly this is probably one of the worst.
We (me, my husband and 10 year old son) arrived feeling tired and weary on 5th April 2012. Sadly, the receptionist couldn't even raise a smile - she gave me no information about the hotel or its facilities, and generally looked unhappy and disinterested. The room was small and glum, though the bed was big and comfortable, however the bedspread had seen better days.The tv channels were limited and although an HD tv, there was not an HD feed! The view of the car park was not pleasant, and the noise from the corridor and adjacent rooms was dreadful. The walls were paper-thin; We could clearly hear a mother 'shushing' her crying baby next door, and I am unable to print the other things we heard!!
The complimentary breakfast was ok, if you don't mind eating with plastic cutlery and off of plastic bowls/plates. The pool was ok, though the clumps of hair in the drains around the poolside, put us off using it more than the once.
Location was ok, though if you like more than a car park, and busy road as a view, you will be very disappointed.
A couple of staff were really helpful when I was asking for info on how best to get to NYC, but sadly they were the exception.
If I hadn't booked a non-refundable deal, I would definitely have moved.
This hotel almost ruined our vacation - we just didn't allow it to

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nanuet
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nanuet
Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet
Candlewood Suites - Nanuet
Days Inn Nanuet Spring Valley
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
#1 of 2 in Suffern

Been to Hampton Inn Nanuet? Share your experiences!