“Delicious Italian Food in Rockland”
Review of Martio's Pizza

Martio's Pizza
Ranked #5 of 86 Restaurants in Nanuet
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I remember coming to Martio's as a kid and as a teenager, it's just as i remember- still the best pizza I've ever had. I've been to plenty of pizza places in Rockland and nothing compares. I love that it's family owned, has cozy & eclectic environment (interesting decor to look at) , and the food is always fresh.

The meatballs and lasagne are my two favorites- the meatballs actually remind me of my grandmothers (that's something that is extremely hard to come by) and the lasagna always comes out hot and fresh with two pieces of delicious garlic bread.

I've tried the brick oven pizza's before and they also never disappoint. I had it with fresh garlic, peppers, and sausage and it was so good with that wood burning oven flavor.

I'm never disappointed in the food or service at Martio's and that's why I keep coming back. Maybe next time I'll give the pasta fagioli soup a try. Everyone seems to rave about it!

1  Thank Liza M

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Not sure why there are decent reviews here. I will admit the pizza is very good here but the service and other entrees were horrible. We ordered a pizza for the kids and the baked ziti and lasagna. The portions were a side dish size and were lousy. Old watery ziti with a little mozzarella on top and apparently a frozen lasagna. I tried to catch a waitress several times to complain about the food. She came back to the table after we were finished and quickly departed after dropping check. Never asked if we wanted anything else or even how the food was. The place was dirty as well. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I am seeing a disturbing trend here in Nanuet as most restaurants don't seem to care anymore and have slipped. I guess the lack of competition might be a reason.

4  Thank eastsidetravel
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've been going to Martio's for 30+ years. Since moving away 7 years ago each December it's one of our first stops when we're back for Christmas. I never tire of their Sicilian slices. Been eating them since high school.

1  Thank Creeper523
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great Sicilians. Unbelievable chicken cutlet heros. Great friendly staff and atmosphere. I must if you are in Rockland

1  Thank Davekingman
Reviewed November 5, 2012

they make a great individual brick oven pizza. Just wish they could make a larger size, its that good!! There chick parm is also very good.

1  Thank jhufRocklandCountyNY

Been to Martio's Pizza? Share your experiences!