“You can find better right next door”

Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Nanuet
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I frequent the area alot and I stayed at this hotel because the usual hotel I book at (Hampton Inn) which is right next door was booked solid. When i checked in me and my partner was greeted warmly and given our rooms quick and easy. Upon entering my room it looked a bit outdated but clean and comfortable. I had a small problem with the AC but someone from front desk came up right away and solved my issue. Later at night we arrived back at the hotel and got ready for bed only to realize that our bed had a giant sinkhole type thing going on, on the right side.. it was late at night so we decided just to keep the room seeing as we were tired. For the 3 nights we stayed in this hotel, we were consistently woken up every morning by other guests, so the walls must be very thin. The lobby is pretty, I didnt try the restaurant but its small and nice looking. Coffee and tea 24/7 in the lobby as well as a impressive snack area where you can purchase things from frozen pizzas/meals to icecream and candy and toiletries. Overall this was a decent hotel but I will stick to Hampton right next door.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
ALICIA D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you Gabrielle for being a Hilton traveler. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review for our property. I am glad to see that you like our sister property the Hampton Inn as well. We did just finish the renovations on our lobby so it is bright, fresh and new. We also have new complimentary snacks at check in coming in July. Our hotel rooms are next to be renovated and we do hope you will chose to return again so we may try and exceed your expectations in the future. Thank you again for the post for our property.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Hotel staff was very professional and polite. Room was clean and hotel was quiet. Room service was very good and made use of the pool. Overall a very good experience. Forgot my toothbrush but one was provided for me free of charge at the front desk. Three other coworkers stayed at the hotel and were also satisfied.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ALICIA D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you Jonathan for being a Hilton traveler and choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn, Nanuet. My team and I strive to exceed our guests expectations and I was pleased to see that we accomplished that for you and your team as well. We look forward to being able to host your next visit to the area again. Have a wonderful summer season!!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in Nanuet, NY is an excellent place to stay for activities at the US Military Academy at West Point. It is very conveniently located for those arriving by air at Newark and it is an easy drive to West Point. The manager, Alicia Diamond, is outstanding in providing personalized service, giving careful attention to details and being quickly responsive to any changes in plans or special requests. Other staff members also are quite helpful and friendly. The rooms are really comfortable and the redecorated dining area is very pleasant. Breakfast food is excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan30242
NanuetHotels, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

We are so happy that you chose the Hilton Garden Inn, Nanuet during your most recent visit to West Point. Graduation is our most exciting time of the year. We go out of our way to ensure the proud family and friends of the cadets have the most memorial experience. Since exceeding our guests expectations is our top priority, we are pleased that we were successful. Thank you for being a loyal Hilton Traveler and we hope your travels bring your back to the Nanuet area.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Great Staff, great hotel, great food, If your looking for a place to stay that the staff will attend to your needs without the typical corporate scripting you need to stay here be it business or pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ALICIA D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you Durwin S. for being a Hilton traveler. We appreciate you and your family staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn, Nanuet. My team appreciates you taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review on trip advisor and the wonderful things you have stated about our property and we look forward to hosting your next visit to the Rockland area again in the future.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Customer service is excellent. The women at the front desk are professional, intelligent, friendly and very helpful. The AAA rates for the rooms were good, they were quiet and clean, just not too fancy. The only complaints were that our fridge didn't get cold, and that the heat/air unit cycled on and off so the room was either a little too stuffy or cold. Not all the rooms had those issues and we never complained because we only stayed one night. Good buy for the money and would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ALICIA D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for being a Hilton traveler and choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn, Nanuet. My team and I strive to exceed our guests expectations and I was pleased to see my team offered the friendly and professional service we guarantee. I do appreciate you taking the tmie out of your busy schedule to fill out this survey for us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Staff was welcoming, pleasant and helpful. The room was clean, not the most up-to-date decor, but clean and functional. The was comfy, bathroom clean. The room smelled somewhat dank everytime I walked in, but I didn't bother complaining. I turning down the AC so I'm only guessing that's why the room didn't smell as fresh as I would've liked.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you Loretta R for being a Hilton traveler. We do realize there are a lot of options out there and my team and I strive to exceed our guests expectations every time they stay. We do have plans for room upgrades in the next year and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had 3 issues : 1) I pick this location due to the reviews and also the pool/spa and once I placed a reservation I recieved an email 1 week later reminding me (which was great) but also to let me know that the pool is down for 1 month and we could use another hotal close by. Well we went over there after diving because it was too cold to walk and it was really small , so much chlorine that it burned my 15yrs old eyes and not to mention tons of kids running a muck due to a kids pool b day party.. IT WAS HORRIBLE and we left. This should have been mentioned before placing the reservation. 2)When I checked the front staff was very nice but they asked for a credit card and my license which I was happy to give them and they photo copied it but then never told me they were going to place 80 on hold. I found out the next day when I logged into my account. She should have explained to me why and what she was going to do. 3)The check out day came and I was leaving to get some coffee and the maids on the floor asked me every time I left the room (which was 3 times) if I was checking out every time. The checkout time is 12pm and this was 8am , I felt that they wanted us out asap. So about 10 am we checked out and the front staff was short only 1 person until 5 mins later I find the other person was eating over at the restuarant and when she went to help me she was chewing and eating right in front of me. She was not pleasant and cared more about eating. That was a def turn off if I was ever going to stay at this hotel again. My experence when I checked in was ok then the room was great and checking out was horrible, not such a great experience for me and if someone asks I will tell them my experiece. Thanks Christine Mason

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
#1 of 3 in Nyack
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
#1 of 2 in Suffern

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet? Share your experiences!