“Just ok”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Nanuet
Boston, Massachusetts
“Just ok”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Basic vanilla hotel. In loud shopping center parking lot next to highway. "Forgot to mention" pool and spa not operational. Staff friendly enough. You have to ask for anything, and don't assume that the staff knows the right answer.

Room Tip: Ask if pool/spa is really open.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
NanuetHotels, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay. You are correct in that our Pool and Spa are temporatrily closed for renovations. They will be back up and running by April 29, 2013. There is an Alert attached to every reservation to notify every guest. Our staff is quite knowledgable about the area and hotel amenities so I do apologize if they were not able to answer a specific question you may have had. We hope that you retrun to give our Front Desk Agents an opportunity to "wow" you and to also see our new and improved pool and spa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hamburg, New York, United States
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great place to stay. Clean. Pool and hot tub were closed when we got there which we were bummed about. A lot of places to go eat. Train to NYC 10 to 15 minutes away if your interested in going to NYC. Great breakfast spread in the morning. Plenty to eat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ALICIA D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you Laurie for being a Hilton traveler. My team and I strive to exceed our guests expectations and I apologize for the inconvience with the pool being closed. We are doing some renovations on the pool to make it a better place in the future. I do hope you will give us another chance in the future to exceed your expectations and it was a pleasure meeting you during your stay. So glad you were able to make it into NYC within your time frame. Have a wonderful spring season!!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Warm and inviting upon arrival, we arrived at midnight and tired and it was important to us to have an easy check in and be treated so wonderful, very clean hotel and lobby, room was a pleasant surprise as it was very spacious, staff all friendly, a great experience and would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
NanuetHotels, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We just wanted to thank you for choosing us to accommodate you on your most recent stay. We know that there are a lot of choices available and thank you for being a Hilton traveler. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to submitt such kind words. Feedback is one of the most valuable tools that we have and enables us to take corrective action, utilize suggestions and share opportunities for praise and growth with our staff. All of this can help ensure a more favorable stay in the future. Each guest is very important to us and our staff will be thrilled with your post!

Thank you again for choosing Hilton Garden Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Best Regards!
Albany, New York
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I called from the road and got a room for $119, which was a great last minute price for a Saturday night. I was told that they didn't have any kings, so I took a room with 2 queens. The only problem was that when I went to my room, I noticed that the bed was a regular mattress and did not have the "dial" that lets you select the firmness of your bed. I thought that all Hilton Garden Inns had beds where you select your firmness, so I was very disappointed because that was the main reason why I selected this particular brand of hotel. I called the front desk and Chloe (who was an absolute gem!) told me that this hotel was in the process of changing over to the sleep number beds. All of the kings had been converted, but only some of the queens. She had a list of which rooms had the mattresses and told me to come down so I could switch rooms. Well, the new room didn't have the new mattress either, even though it was on "the list". I called again. She had me come down and wait in reception while another staff member checked the rest of the beds on thelist. After maybe 15 minutes, she told me that the list was wrong and all of the queen rooms with the new mattresses were taken. However, she offered me an accessible king room, which had the mattress I wanted. I took the room, but was a little annoyed that I had been told there were no kings available when obviously, there were. I did not complain, though, because Chloe had been so apologetic, helpful and kind throughout the whole ordeal. In the end, I got the bed I wanted, but I didn't enjoy having to wait 30+ minutes to get settled into a room, especially when I was so tired and it was almost 10 at night. If I had only been told that there was a king in the first place, it would have saved a lot of time and frustration. Overall, the hotel was okay, but not at all what I expected. I could tell from the decor in the rooms that the hotel hasn't been updated in awhile (think 80's). Coffee pot didn't work. The air conditioning/heater unit was also in need of repair. I tried to set the fan to "on" so that it would run continuously, however, it kept turning off and then loudly starting back up, waking me throughout the night. Also, at times the unit would start to rattle/bang so loud that it sounded like it was going to break or explode. Eventually, I thought to press the metal table (really heavy) right up against the unit and that helped. There was no bath in the bathroom - only a shower where you stand on the floor and the drain is in the floor. I understand why the shower is set up that way, but it did feel a little icky standing on the floor and water got everywhere. Bed was fantastic, though! I think if I have the choice in the future, I will drive a little further and stay at a different Hilton Garden Inn. I still love the brand and the bed, but this hotel doesn't live up to the quality that I have come to expect from the other Hilton Garden Inns that I have stayed in. Dissapointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Sara,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing feedback on your visit. We are so sorry for the hassle you encountered with your room assignment upon arrival and we are glad to hear that our front desk team were pleasant and helpful throughout the process. We strive to make every guest feel valued and welcome and we will use your comments as part of our ongoing service training. We hope you will consider staying with us so we might show you the quality stay you expect and deserve from us should you travel through our area in the future.

Marilyn
Port Washington, New York
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We attended our nephew's wedding at this establishment. It was perfect. The hotel is clean, efficient, and fun! Everything from the fitness center to the breakfast was great. Thanks, Hilton Garden Inn of Nanuet!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SEP1961
We just wanted to thank you for your wonderful comments. Your group was such a pleasure and we enjoyed the night as well. The bride and groom and the entire family were delightful and we were so pleased that every one had such a great time! I don't think anything could have made it more memorable. We will you all the best and hope that you will be back in the future!!

Thank you again for choosing Hilton Garden Inn and for taking the time to compliment the staff and hotel.
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've stayed in Hilton Garden Inns many times, and usually the brand is consistent. Unfortunately the Nanuet HGI is below par. It is under renovation and perhaps that will perk the place up. While nothing was terrible, the rooms look tired and the most disturbing item in the my room was a super noisy air handling unit that kept waking me up during the night. The staff on the other hand was very friendly, attentive and helpful. I may try the sister property, Hampton Inn, next time doing business in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ALICIA D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review for the Hilton Garden Inn, Nanuet. Yes we have just undergone renovations on the lobby and restaurant and are just waiting for a few final touches. We have also purchased brand new mattresses on our double bed rooms. My team and I strive to exceed our guests expectations and I was pleased to see my team was able to help you and go above and beyond for the service. We would love to have you back with us or our sister property the Hampton Inn. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review as all feedback is welcome and needed to make us the best that we can be.
Texas
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Nanuet is where we prefer to stay when we're in this part of NY to visit our son at West Point. We've stayed at other places in Nanuet but like this one the best. We've always been pleased with check-ins, quality of rooms, helpfulness of staff, etc. The price seems right,
the beds and baths are clean, and the continental breakfast has a good selection. There are also plenty of other dining/shopping choices in this area, including the huge Palisades Mall just
down the road. Biggest mall I've ever seen.
I've noticed that the hotels in this area always tend to have plenty of functions taking place in
their conference rooms. During our last trip here (end of October, 2012) there were parties, meetings, etc., but once we got in our room we were never bothered by noise of any kind.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gulftraveler789
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Spring Valley
Days Inn Nanuet Spring Valley

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet? Share your experiences!