“Perfect location and good value”

Candlewood Suites - Nanuet
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Nanuet
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was in the area for work, moving between Rockland County, NY and Bergen County, NJ and this was an ideal location. My suite as comfortable and the staff was friendly. The room was comfortable (particularly the mattress). Room was well-priced. The one knock on the place? They need to inspect the furniture more carefully. My desk chair was pretty nasty, with huge swaths of peeling vinyl (see photo). Te club chair was also starting to peel. Time for a cha page there...however, because of location and price, this would not stop me from returning.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
David M, Guest Services at Candlewood Suites - Nanuet, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Hello Majorgal,

Please allow me to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review.

We are very happy to hear that you found our suites comfortable and our staff friendly. We work very hard to provide outstanding quality across our property and we love to hear when this standard was met.

We are sincerely sorry for the appearance of the chair in your room. We are aware that some of our furniture has started to show signs of wear and tear damage and we are currently in the process of replacing them.

We are glad to hear that you would consider us again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Dave M.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Room was ok location was the best thing here ,queen beds are glorified fulls ,went down to desk to ask for towels ,nobody was there three times ,called finally got thur ,was told towels are locked up in closet ,had to wait for key from manager

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Nanuet, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear flyerjon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We spent one night at the Candlewood. Due to a mistake on my part I was put in a smoking room. Actually the room was not that bad for me as a non-smoker. We were only spending one night, so we just stayed in the room. The last time I stayed at a Candlewood was over 3 years ago. The Candlewood has always been a good value low end long term stay hotel. This trip I noticed the rooms have been upgraded with nicer kitchen counters and bathroom fixtures and overall furniture then I remember, which is great!

The honor pantry and free laundry is still a great deal. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient. Overall with the rate I got was a great value compared to other hotels in Rockland County. I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
David M, Guest Services at Candlewood Suites - Nanuet, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Hello Subwaymark,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing your review.

We do apologize for the confusion regarding your room type, but are glad to hear that you still enjoyed your room.

We recently had renovations done to all of our rooms, thank you for noticing!

We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Dave M

Reviewed October 3, 2013

As others have said, this hotel is aimed at long stay but any length would be good. The room is so spacious, so many amenities, as others have mentioned. I was especially impressed with free washers and dryers. There is a nice pantry with an honor system - detergent, snacks, drinks, even some micro wave meals very reasonably priced for our convenience. What a nice amenity!
I can make a bed, no problem and all you have to do is go to the desk and you can get fresh linens at any time. Most imp to me is the fact they are pet friendly- not only are they permitted but there is a huge beautiful grassy area along with bags to clean up after your pet. Still floors me that some don't pick up, but most of us did. In addition there is a huge gazebo with tables and grills for your use. Just a wonderful place which I felt was better than higher priced hotels close by. The only reason I did not give this perfect /excellent scores, was the bed. They say queen- feels smaller and not comfortable to me. The room has plenty of room for a king . Dont hesitate to try this hotel/suites. PS I did not see any continental breakfast

Room Tip: If you have a pet, ask for a room close to the end of the hall on the gazebo side!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hello Rrbh,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review our property. Feedback from our guests is invaluable to the hotel .

We are happy to hear that you found the size of your room and the amendities included comfortable and useful. We take pride in having the Candlewood Cupboard available to our guests and to hear that were able to enjoy it means the world to us.

We are always happy to see our friendly pet guests andour goal is to proide them with the same comfort as their companions.

Thank you again for your review and your recommendation.

We hope to be able to welcome you and your pet in the future!

Dave M.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is the hotel we stayed at when we went for a family trip. It was my special birthday weekend and we stayed for the whole week. It's really nice, clean and elegant. We all enjoyed our stay there. The service was excellent, the continental breakfast was good.The rooms were really nice, condo-style. There was strong, secure wii-fi and lots of channels to choose from. Everything in the rooms are easily functional. There's an attraction/dinning book with the numbers and websites in them to find, just in case you wanted to go somewhere. The rooms are pretty spacious also. It depends on which room, they all are spacious but some are arranged diffrently(obviously). It was a nice stay, not too pricey.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a prettier view of the scenery.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had never stayed at a Candlewood Suites, but were pleasantly surprised with a very good experience. This is basically for a long term stay, but we were travelling to Saratoga Springs in upstate New York and just needed a place to stay overnight. The room includes a kitchen, dishwasher, microwave, dishes, utensils, etc. Washers and dryers are also available on the lower level. Also a desk/work area, and a very large roomy bathroom. The hotel is just off the N.Y. state Thruway as well. I would suggest this hotel for either short, or long term stays. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Room 301 was good for us.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RUSSELL28
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Nanuet, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear RUSSELL28,

We want to thank you for choosing our hotel and for leaving a feedback.

It was real pleasure to learn that your stay with us was such a pleasant one. Your opinion, as every single guest, is very important to us and serves us as an advise, reward and motivation for the future. We would like to express our sincerest gratitude for your comments which allow us to confirm that our efforts for the well-being of our guests have been met.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to us. It is only with both positive and negative feedback that we can strive to improve our service to our guests and I do hope that you give us again the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 29, 2013

After reading some of the reviews of this property I was hesitant to stay here for 5 nights while visiting family in the area. But my experience was perfectly delightful.

I did not know it was a long term stay hotel when I booked it. What does this mean exactly? Mostly it just means that they don't come into the room to make your bed and change your towels everyday, they only do it once a week. That made no difference to me.

A long term stay hotel also means that the room was more like a little effiency apartment. I didn't really need the kitchen, but I found I used it anyway. It had a nearly full sized fridge with automatic ice maker (turn that off at night or it will scare the crap out of you), a full sized automatic dishwasher, a small electric 2 burner stove, a microwave, as well as dishes, glasses, cookware, utensils. If so desired, a large toaster oven can be borrowed from the front desk. Someone could basically live in this room.

The bed was small, only a full size, but I was alone so that was fine. The mattress was getting a bit dated as it was saggy in the middle, but not uncomfortable. The room could use a bit of freshening up, the curtains were torn a bit, the chairs worn out, but overall the room was clean. The bathroom was very nice.

I was concerned about security, being a woman alone. The front desk is not manned all the time and there are multiple entrances to this property (although they all require a room key to gain entry). It turned out to be fine, but still a concern. Also surprised there were not room safes.

Overall a surprisingly delightful sfay.

Room Tip: As for a room facing the front of the hotel if you don't want to hear noise from the train
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
#1 of 2 in Spring Valley
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
#1 of 2 in Suffern

Been to Candlewood Suites - Nanuet? Share your experiences!