“best bargain”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Nanuet
rome ny
“best bargain”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

shopped online for a "best price" in the area, checked A LOT of reviews, decided on CS Nanuet but when we got there to book it was $24.00 more than online price... silly policy... called 800# & booked at lower rate from lobby.. Was pleasantly surprised by how nice & large room was. Fridge, Microwave, Stove, Dinnerware etc. Only drawbacks: Bed was a bit lumpy and wish they had King Rooms. Bathroom was great. Staff was excellent !! THIS IS A DEFINITE next trip. We travel to Rockland quite a bit and RECOMMEND HIGHLY....

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank vickihopp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
N.Y
Reviewed January 3, 2012

2nd time staying here. Not bad at all. Its not a Marriott but I must say I enjoyed being here. The bed felt wonderful, the customer service was excellent. When I go back upstate this will be my first choice again if it is available.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Cltek
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed December 31, 2011

I went to check in -- the lobby was under renovation; a sign at the front desk said to use the phone to call for service ... there was no phone. After waiting for someone to chance by, I was checked in to my room ... within spitting distance of train tracks with trains going by (complete with whistle) every few hours. I had to unplug the refrigerator because it was making so much noise, if you turned the air on, you had to turn the TV up because it was so loud, the air either blew cold or you had to crank it up to 80 degrees for any heat ... at 9 at night when I found this out, there was no one around to fix it. The second day I was there, I was trying to work in my room and housekeeping was working in a storage room next door, all day, with a radio blasting. I was there between Christmas and New Years ... what a miserable stay, holidays or otherwise.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Nanuet hotels

Hammonton, New Jersey
Reviewed November 8, 2011

It really wasn't bad for the price. The tv was old and some stadic on some channels

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank randyoflht
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 11, 2011

So we obtained our 1br suite at a reasonable price only 3 days before our trip, so for that I was appreciative. The room was clean and spacious but rather rundown. The ac vent was broken, the hand held shower nozzle was held to the wall by a nail, and the door stuck making it hard to open.

The most annoying part of our room though was the HVAC. It turned off automatically when our resulting in a very stuffy room upon return. Also, supposedly it was controlled by a wall thermostat but in fact was broken. When we called to complain, the front desk was unwilling to help and seemed kind of annoyed.

The little grocery store and free laundry were nice touches.

Feel free to consider this hotel if the price is right. Just do not set your expectations too high.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cwb631
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We had a one bedroom suite was spacious and kitchen was well stocked with dishes, pots pans - which we did not use as we were here only one night.

We found this to be overall a great hotel. Very close to shopping and highways. We found that the hotel seems fairly new. The hotel staff was very friendly and eager to please
We were given a handicap accessible room - which I questioned as we did not need one. It was the only one left - due to the hurricane Irene flooding in the area. Sure glad I had made reservation a few weeks earlier.
The only negative I can say is the the room had not been “completed” by the cleaning staff - a couple pieces of furniture were still in the middle of the room and the room only had towels for one person - minor point. The person at the front desk not only apologized but took responsibility for the room not being as it should have been. She provided the towels we needed said she would get someone to reposition the furniture - which I had already done - not a big deal.
I would stay here again without a second thought.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 25, 2011

The Candlewood Suites in Nanuet, NY is not bad place to stay if you have business in the NYC Metro area. I have stayed in this hotel twice, once for a 4-month period from Sept 2010-Dec 2010 with a co-worker in one of the larger suites, and again from April 2011-May 2011 in a single suite. It is conveniently located right off of I-287/I-87, less than 5 miles from the New York/New Jersey border, and about 20 miles from NYC (Account in your time for traffic.). Shopping is extremely convenient, with a CostCo right next door, and the Spring Valley Marketplace a short walk away, with a Target, Gamestop, IHOP, Subway, to name a few shops. 4 Miles down I-287/I-87 is the Palisades Mall, which is a great place to shop. The beds are comfortable and clean. Being as this is an extended stay hotel, you only get housekeeping once a week, but you can request extra towels/sheets/pillows if needed. The kitchenette is nice, although you will be doing dishes often if you cook, since you are given a limited amount of tableware. If you don't feel like cooking, simply ask at the front desk, and you will be presented with a plethora of de;ivery menus. There's a little something for everyone with the delivery options. My favorites are the Dog House, any of the Chinese places, the Sakana Sushi resturant a mile down the road and any of the pizza places. Bathrooms are pretty standard hotel fare, you have a sink, toliet, and shower/bath. There is a TV in each room with a VHS-DVD combo player, and about 40 channels to chose from, although the hotel could do to upgrade to more modern LCD TV's from the CRT's they currently have. Rooms are generally clean, and anytime I have had a problem, it has been immeadiatly dealt with. Internet is tolerable now (see below). The hotel is located right next to a NJ Transit rail line, but honestly, I was never even noticed when a train was going by unless I had my window open. The real thing that made me come back to this hotel was the service. All of the staff are very friendly and accomadating, and every request or concern I have had has been dealt with quickly. When I first came to the hotel in Sept 2010, they had no wireless internet available, just a single wired connection. After an e-mail to ICHG, I received a call from the General Manager stating that they were in the process of getting the equipment necessary to go wireless, and a week later, there was wireless internet. Back then, the speed of the connection was atrocious. On a speed test, I barely got above the equivalent of a dial-up connection. After returning here in April, I sent another letter to ICHG stating these facts. Again, the next day, I received a call from the GM saying that they were going to purchase additional bandwidth for their connection, and the network is now tolerable, even in the evening when usage is the highest (I can even stream low-quality videos!). The housekeeping staff don't speak English very well, but it's not terribly hard to get your needs across (Knowing a bit of Spanish will help.), and they are very friendly, and good at what they do.

All in all, I would heartily recommend this hotel to anyone who has business in the NYC Metro area for an extended period. It's far enough removed that you don't get the hustle and bustle of the city, but close enough that traveling into the city isn't inconvenient. I would not recommend the Candlewood Suites as a hotel chain to anyone staying less than a week unless it's an overnight deal. Too many reviewers who stay less than a week fail to see who these hotels cater to. It is for people like me, who have jobs that take them away from home for months at a time, not something you want to stay in for 2-6 nights while on vacation.

Room Tip: Call and ask. Staff is very helpful.