“Peace and Perfection”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mumford
Genesee Country Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Mumford B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mississauga
“Peace and Perfection”
Reviewed July 24, 2009

We've just returned from our second stay at the Genesee Country Inn and if possible, this stay was even better than the first. The rooms are charming and spotless, the breakfast is outstanding with home baked breads- they even cater to special dietary requirements (and make you feel special not a bother.). The hosts are wonderful, willing to make reservations at restaurants, give directions or provide info on nearby attractions. We left there feeling well cared for and very relaxed. We'll be back!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Parkland, Florida
Reviewed May 14, 2009

This review is long overdue. I had the pleasure of staying with Deborah & Rich, last June. My daughter, Jill, is a student @ SUNY Geneseo and she had to attend a summer program. The weekend of parents visitation, I went up. There is no availability locally in Geneseo, so was given the GCI as an alternative. Boy, was I happy that all was booked @ Geneseo because I had the privilege to meet Deborah, Rich, Bentley, & Cooper. My mom was with me. We stayed in the "Barklow". What a gorgeous, peaceful room. You hear the stream flowing and get a wonderful breeze. My mom, did not want to leave. Deborah is so welcoming and our conversations were great! She is an awesome cook & baker. I brought my daughter back to the Inn and she loved it. We watched movies, played games, walked the trail, relaxed and felt @ home, peaceful........We have become friends with Deborah & Rich and we look forward to our next stay with them.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Webster, NY
Reviewed October 21, 2008

I made a last minute reservation to get away for a couple days. Deborah was a wonderful hostess (her husband was away at the time) and was very knowledgeable about the area and always available to help if needed. I appreciated that she didn't hover either, but I enjoyed her company when we were chatting. I had a cozy room that was very clean. I also enjoyed walking on the grounds which include a waterfall, fountain and stream. The breakfasts were grand, and they kept me full until dinner! There were videos to choose from if you wanted to watch something in your room, or DVDs in the sunroom. I'd definitely recommend the inn, and hope to go back.

• Liked — The quiet!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
Rochester, NY
Reviewed August 4, 2008

I surprised my husband for our 15th Wedding Anniversary with an overnight stay at the Genesee Country Inn. We were married at the Genesee Country Village, which is located just up the road. This was our very first B&B experience...and Deborah and Richard have set the bar high!! The Inn was impecable, clean, comfortable, quiet and romantic! Deborah was wonderful, helping me pick out the perfect room, providing wine glasses and opener for our arrival. We took a walk along Spring Creek, listened to the birds, the waterfall, and just forgot about our hectic lives for 24 hours! The breakfast (stuffed french toast) was amazing! Everything was just perfect! We are definitely going to be back...recomend this in to everyone we know...and try more B&B's because of this great experience! If you are looking for a quaint, historic, well-kept, welcoming, relaxing Inn...this is the place! Everything about it made our 15th anniversary more special than ever!

• Liked — EVERYTHING was better than expected!
  • Disliked — Our stay was only for one night...wish we could have stayed longer!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed January 25, 2008

My wife and I recently returned for a two night stay at the Genesee Country Inn. We had stayed at the Inn in June of 2007 and had thoroughly enjoyed the warm welcome and friendly atmosphere created by the Inn's owner's Deborah and Richard. Looking forward to a winter getaway we decided to return. Again, we were not disappointed. Deborah and Richard are excellent hosts and we were made to feel as if this was our private preserve. Morning breakfasts were superb and the friendly discussion that accompanied breakfast was not only most welcome but will not be forgotten. The hosts are truly "nice people" who are most willing to make one feel welcome. Both Deborah and Richard are to be commended for their effort and willingness to create an Inn that is comfortable, cozy and contagious. My wife and I will no doubt be returning......not only to the Inn which itself is wonderful, but to visit the people who helped create wonderful memories.

• Liked — ........many things but the owner friendly atmosphere was superb
  • Disliked — ........there were absolutely no negatives........I guess I shouldn't mention that I gained a pound or two eating too much food
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mumford
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta
Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta
Fairfield Inn Rochester South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chili/Rochester Airport
RIT Inn & Conference Center
RIT Inn & Conference Center
#14 of 17 in Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta

Been to Genesee Country Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!