“Nice Hotel in the Catkills”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Tremper
Emerson Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mount Tremper
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Nice, clean hotel with very reasonable rates. Friendly cooperative staff. Restaurant good. Our big thing is they are pet friendly with a large, well maintained dog run on the grounds.
Will probably return in the spring.

Room Tip: Bring you pet. They welcome them and the room does not have the 'hotel pet room smell.'
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TtravelerJohn

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed there with my wife for a relaxing weekend, away from the City.
- rooms are quiet and comfortable: bathrooms are nice and large
- facilities are clean
- SPA is very good: massages are very professional. We enjoyed the sauna, steam room and outside jacuzzi very much
- not too far from ski stations and amazing restaurant (peekamoose)
- easy access from the I-87
- WE SLEPT LIKE BABIES

A minus for the tasty but somehow pricey and limited breakfast. Did not try the dinner since other restaurants were recommended.

Hotel design is also a bit weird: mix of modern, buddhist asian, rustic american...

Friendly staff

Room Tip: We did not try the rooms in the lodge, but it clearly looks like a different hotel. So don't exp...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank al3xh4
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at at the Inn, which is adult only. This was just what my wife and I where looking for, we just wanted to get away for the Holiday season. I'm always on the road so this was the perfect way to slow down and unwind. We enjoyed a great meal at the Phoenix, and a fantastic couples massage. The gym was great, it was larger than most gyms I get to go to and the steam room and sauna where awesome ways to end a work out.

The area itself is beautiful and the rooms are just as stunning. We had a fireplace, Jacuzzi tub, and a nice comfortable bed to sleep in all in our room. It was expensive but well worth it.

I read a review prior to coming that mentioned something about the staff, I couldn't disagree more, the young man Matt took excellent care of us. I don't often write reviews but this place was too breath taking not to.

If you are looking for an amazing get away to relax and unwind while being surrounded by breathtaking views, look no farther!

Room Tip: I stayed at the Inn but from what I saw of the Lodge it looks great for families... And they do wedd...
1  Thank IHRMC_Manager
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We just finished a stay at the Emerson, in the Lodge. The rooms were VERY large and nice. The entire hotel is dog friendly, and most guests seemed to bring their dogs with them. The cleaning people petted our dog and were very friendly with her. The dog run is great. As we stayed over the holidays, the restaurants were serving dinner buffet style -- it was very good. The property is big and nicely kept. Definitely would return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank m_gLongIsland_Ny
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This place is far too expensive to be this unconcerned about customers -- go to one of MANY other resorts, Inns, or B&B's in the area.

I stayed at the hotel in December, one of its least busy times. The space itself is quite upscale, and well designed. We stayed in the lodge which had a nice bed and lots of room with a cozy cabin feel. Yet, the room felt lazily cleaned. A could see a years worth of dust on the wall just behind the bed, and there was hair in the bathtub.

However our Jacuzzi tub ran BROWN water. Despite two communications with the front deck, we were told to run the water until clear. We ran the water for over an hour, how much water must we waste? The spa was very small, as others have suggested. Locker rooms with sauna and steam, gym, and a small hot tub on the porch.

We went to THE PHOENIX for dinner because the host told us there was a selection of local items on the menu. However, the waitress scoffed when asked the same question: nothing on the menu is local or organic. We had pumpkin hummus with raw pepper slices, poorly cooked salmon (with carrots soaked in Worcestershire sauce), and some sub-par calamari. The food was REALLY BAD.

The next morning, I took a complimentary Yoga class (which was great) at 10:15 and asked the front desk for a late check out. They offered 11:45, giving me 15 minutes to pack, dress and leave the EMPTY hotel. Class ended at 11:30. Sure enough, the front desk was on the phone by 11:40 saying "Why aren't you out, we gave you 15 minutes?" What's the rush?

We then tried to see the Kaleidoscope show with our "complimentary" tickets -- that too was broken. We dumped our tickets and keys a the front desk.

When I wrote the managers to complain, I got back an astounding self-excusatory response... She managed to explain away everything with zero responsibility.. I was expecting a partial refund at least. She referred me to the hotels glowing reviews here at TRIP ADVISOR, which I interpreted as "get lost.."

6  Thank Bob A
Emerson07, Public Relations Manager at Emerson Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

We take complaints such as this very seriously and it is troubling when a guest feels compelled to write a poor review, especially when we are not given the opportunity to address concerns during the stay. An hour is a very long time to run water and not have the situation correct itself. Had we been notified that you were still experiencing problems, we would have upgraded you to another room. We are proud to use locally grown foods in our menu items. Your server did not respond to your questions correctly and this issue has been addressed with the entire restaurant staff. Our check-out policy is very clearly documented on our website, confirmation letter and in the welcome folder each guest receives upon arrival. We are a small hotel… it may have appeared to you that we were empty, but there are other factors to consider such as check-ins following your departure. We make every effort to accommodate late check-out requests as best we can but sometimes we simply cannot provide extra time beyond your reservation. Happy and satisfied guests are extremely valued and appreciated as this is what keeps us in business. When a guest is unhappy, it is our job to do everything possible within our means to remedy the situation. A guest’s immediate feedback during the stay helps us to correct the problem as quickly as possible so that they leave knowing they were important to us and the success of our business.
We’re greatly sorry you feel you did not have a good experience with us, and even more sorry we did not have a chance to change your opinion during your stay. Our mountain home is a beautiful location and we hope this does not discourage you from returning to the Catskills in the future.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

The Emerson is a luxuriously appointed inn with amazing guest rooms. The KIng Suite features a gas fireplace, a private terrace, marbled bathroom with large jetted tub and a separate shower. I requested, and received, a "quiet" room.

The staff are friendly and helpful, though there is an absence of polish that is surprising given the rich furnishings and luxe appointments.

The Spa was very nice. All three of my services were excellent and performed by experienced professionals.

The restaurant was good, not great. The inn does not offer room service, though front desk personnel happily picked up my dinner order from the inn's restaurant and brought it to my room.

There are shops located at one end of the property which can be accessed by inn guests without having to go outside. There's a great antique store with unique items, and a country-style coffee shop, among others.

Overall, this is a great place to go to get away from it all and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The adult-only inn rooms (as opposed to the lodge rooms) are very quiet and romantic.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank vrybo7
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband, I and our dog stayed at The Lodge for 2 nights in December. We have stayed at the Lodge once a year for the last 3 years. Every experience has been better than the last one. The Great Room in the hotel portion is the BEST Part of our stay. We all 3 hang out in front of the Huge fireplace and enjoy each others company!! We usually stay during the month of November except for this year. December is a great time to visit since the decorations are beautiful and the great room has a beautifully decorated Christmas tree. We order room service dinner to the Lodge from Catamount restaurant as my husband loves the wings and steak! I have used the spa facilities in the past and hope to many more times. The resort was booked but we felt like it was our own private resort. Lodge is for the rustic types and the hotel for people who want a little more luxury. I can't wait to go in 2013!!!

1  Thank Ornursee
Hotel Dylan
Hotel Dylan
#2 of 3 in Woodstock
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Emerson Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!