“Incredible Suite!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Emerson Resort & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Tremper
Emerson Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mount Tremper
“Incredible Suite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed 3 nights, August 19-21 to celebrate our anniversary. Our room was spectacular! We stayed in the Royal Suite at the Inn. Vaulted ceilings, beautiful Morrocan decor, large sitting area with fireplace and a small porch. The bathroom was spectacular with jacuzzi tub, separate shower, private toilet room, white marble, etc. Total luxury. Staff was superb! Anytime we needed something...extra towels, a corkscrew, it was brought up within 5 minutes. At the spa, I had facial and back massage and hubby had manicure/pedicure. All were perfect. We were given great discount cards upon arrival. 20% off spa services, restaurant, and a free bottle of Emerson Chardonnay (surprisingly good!). We only ate at Catamount which had great service, excellent Martini's (if you are fussy about your drinks). We got a free dessert there as well as an anniversary gift. It was wing night and the garlic parmesan wings were great. The steak entree was excellent and the pasta/shrimp dish average but fresh. Overall we really enjoyed the meal.

Room Tip: Take a suite at the inn. You won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

On 6 September my wife and I enjoyed our room at the Emerson very much; however, the poor quality of the food at the Phoenix gives the Emerson the below average rating. I ordered a pork chop and my wife had the salmon. The pork chop came with a pineapple sauce that was very sweet.... which the chef decided to also put the sauce on the salmon. When we asked the waitress why the same sauce was on the salmon when the salmon was not suppose to come with it - the reply was "sometimes the cook like to try things". I would suggest a new cook is in order but also if they want to try some things, try them with staff and not guests.

Also just one note about our room. It could use a curtain since the light right outside the side door was shining into the room even with the decorative covering.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mark1957716
MrktingDirctr, General Manager at Emerson Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your honesty. We have made a necessary change and brought a new Executive Chef on-board at The Phoenix. We are confident his skill and leadership will produce the type of dining experience you desire, and we want you to have, here at the Emerson.
Margate, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed here two nights & I was very impressed...from the friendly & quick check in - to the amazing decor (think Buddha zen meets rustic charm).

Fireplace, beautiful soaking tub and comfy sheets...I was already psyched - then you look out the back window & there is a gorgeous stream & mountains...

I didn't use the spa - but it looked very nice & professional. Breakfast was yummy & wing night dinner at Cats was 'just ok' - (hey, it was 50 cent wing night...so I can't complain). The bartender was very nice & attentive. Seemed like a mix of guests & locals - so that was cool.

I was here on business...but will hopefully come back with the family. Thanks Emerson - Thumbs WAY up.

Room Tip: Inn rooms are much different that lodge rooms....in decor, size & ambience.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TheTravelDudeAbides
new york
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

chef Robert Nelson dosent deserve a front staff he is working with food exilent very cold felt depressed even being there waited at the door and it was like it was a incoveince to be there.I recomend the salmon and crab cake was right on the money

Room Tip: rooms very nice any were in the hotel
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank henrey
MrktingDirctr, Director of Sales at Emerson Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
I am sorry to read you had a less than wonderful experience at our Phoenix Restaurant. We have made some staffing changes and continue to improve. Please try us again soon.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed in the Junior Suite "The Lodge" for 3 nights. I read great reviews about the Spa and decided that it would be a great place to go and unwind from the bustle of NYC. Plus I was able to get the midweek rate so it seemed like a no brainer! The room was very cute! It was 2 floors with a rustic decor. The bathroom was spacious and there was an amazing whirlpool tub that I couldn't wait to try....that is until I turned on the taps and brown water filled the tub...I was crushed. The room was generally clean, the pillow cases were a little dingy, but nothing too scary...

The grounds are nice and well kept. Even though it is located right on Rt 28 I did not hear any noise from cars on the road. It was all around very quiet. The gym was nice & well equipped (treadmills, elliptical, weights, etc). The spa was GREAT! Just walking through the set of doors immediately put me a relaxed state. The lockers were clean and the staff was very pleasant. They provide a robe, slippers, and even toiletries! In the waiting area there is hot tea, water, and fruit to munch on. I enjoyed the Little R&R package and the aromatherapy massage. All of the ladies that worked on me were excellent, friendly, and professional!

My experience at the Catskill & Phoenix was terrible! I read reviews before booking and was slightly concerned about the food, but I dismissed it as maybe people are being too picky. I was wrong. On my first night I went to the Catskill and ordered a steak sandwich with fries. Easy enough right?? WRONG! When I picked up the sandwich for a bite the bottom of it was drenched in grease. The steak was also not well done and not seasoned. Needless to say I didn't finish my dinner that night. As a side note there selection was very poor. There weren't any healthy options. The following night I went to the Phoenix hoping for a better experience. Again the selection was very poor and the prices were insane. However, I ordered the crab cake appetizer ($12 for 1 crab cake) and the spinach/shrimp salad ($10). I thought to myself if I can make this dish at home I'm sure a restaurant with a professional chef can. 45 minutes later my meal was ready and I was starving. The crab cake was nothing special...for $12 it could've been delicious and I would've been happy. The salad was soaked in oil. The spinach as a result wilted. The shrimp were overdone. I could've lived with over done shrimp, but the spinach was terrible just oil pooling at the bottom of the container. I really hate paying for bad food...there's no reason for it.

So overall it was a nice getaway and thanks to the spa I am happy I went. I don't know if I'd go back to Emerson for a stay...maybe I'll stay somewhere nearby and just drive to Emerson for some treatments.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank NTorres12
MrktingDirctr, General Manager at Emerson Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
I appreciate your taking the time to post your review. Mistakes happen, even on championship teams. Had you had mentioned something to our restaurant manager at the time, I am confident we could have corrected any errors and created a positive dining experience for you. As to the brown water, like many parts of America, our area has had limited rainfall. One unfortunate consequence is that on the particular day you stayed with us, our wells were a bit too low and some harmless dirt got sucked into the pipe giving the water a less than desirable tinge. I sincerely apologize. Well water is one of the costs (and one of the benefits) of our doing business in this part of the Catskills.
Bethesda, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stay in the Lodge. Open your room window, take in the coolness of the night, and be lulled to sleep by the whisper of moving water over the rocks in the nearby river. Attend a wedding under a large permanent tent surrounded by stone walls, gardens, the forest, and the Esopus River as a backdrop, and then watch the chairs magically disappear, being replaced by tables and a dancefloor.
The newer building has a nice ambiance with interesting shops. Visit the "World's Largest Kaleidoscope" when few are around, lay on the floor, and take it in. It's a treat!
This is a great place!

Room Tip: Head for the Lodge, river side. Nice porches or decks, quaint. But conserve the hot water. During...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rutland, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

All of the staff was extremely helpful, expecially the Bartender Mike who went the extra mile Sunday night of Labor Day weekend to accomodate our family of 6 (incluing my mother-in-law) for dinner at the Catamount Restaurant.

Room Tip: The Lodge is wonderful. Rooms with windows to the North and East face the stream, which you can he...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Tremper
Hanah Mountain Resort and Country Club
Starlite Motel
Starlite Motel
#1 of 2 in Big Indian

Been to Emerson Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!