“Rejuvenated”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Tremper
Emerson Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mount Tremper
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My sister and I stayed there after a long arduous drive from Cooperstown. The room was beautiful, grounds serene and the kaleidoscope show that is included was fun and a hoot. We had dinner at the Phoenix and it was reasonable and delicious. Best of all, we could stay and have a lovely meal without getting back into the car. We had massages that were wonderful the next day and we really were rejuvenated by the time we left. I want to have my special big birthday there this year!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Zarkoff

Reviewed July 29, 2011

There are many positive aspects to this property: beautiful landscaping, enjoyable fitness classes, well equipped fitness facility,and rooms overlooking the stream. I think the difference in reviews can be attributed to where you stay, the lodge or the inn. Since I was in the area for a visit, not specifically for the spa, I chose to stay in the lodge for its affordability. The room was quite spacious, but the walls were paper thin and my neighbors' conversations interfered with my sleep. In addition, the staff seems very eager but yet not well trained to deal with any issues that arise. I think that there is just too much of a disconnect between the lodge and the inn to give a cohesive rating for the property.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank sully8
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I found this hotel while reviewing the I Love NY Tourism Guide. My wife and I celebrated our 28th anniversary and I wanted to surprise her. I didn't want to travel too far from home but desired to travel far enough to say that I got away.

The ambiance of the room simply surprised my wife and the peaceful atmosphere and river behind the Resort added the final touch. After a very hectic week for my wife, she was brought to tears shortly after entering the room.

In spite of a last minute reservation, check-in went without a hitch and Marketing Manager Mr. Carelus was kind enough to accomodate a request which I thought was included in my package but was actually not included. We didn't want to spend too much money because we were planning a business trip the following weekend. However, the money was well spent for the experience.

My wife and I visited the country store and saw the world's largest Kaleidoscope. Quite an "eye" opening experience! We also traveled to nearby Woodstock for the first time and walked along "main" street in this nostalgic town.

My only recommendation for the website is to include the package prices (the lodging prices only are listed on the website). This will help eliminate the necessity to call the resort for this information and give website visitors and even more pleasant experience.

I'm not sure if microwaves are available but I didn't see one in the room I reserved (The Royal Suite). All other amenities were wonderful!!

I could go on and on about my wonderful experieince but I suggest you visit this resort yourself. I definitely recommend this resort to couples and families. Close enough to my trip origin and just far enough to say that I got out of dodge. :)

Room Tip: I would ask for a room with a view towards the river
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DJGordon28
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Our family stayed in the Lodge for 2 nights recently and loved it. The mid week special for a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom and living room was only $169. There was a balcony off the master bedroom that overlooks the Esopus River, perfect for reading. The spa does not allow children.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank lh2009
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We booked a last minute overnight trip to Emerson and it was a great experience. The staff was very friendlly and helpful. The room was quite comfortable ( we had one of the top suites, since it was the only room available when we booked) . The showers are terrific and the bed was very comfortable ..

We both loved the 3 course pre-fixe dinner at Phoenix. THe food was delicious and portions were appropriate. We felt it was a good value and nice experience..

As a frequent spa goer- Im always looking for spa getaways close to NY .. I would definitely return here.. I liked that they had steam and sauna available, as well as a relaxation room.. There are a lot of treatment choices, which was nice. We also took a yoga class and had the instructor all to ourselves.

It would have been nice, if they had a pool close to the spa, but we found it just as nice to relax outside the relaxation room. There is a pool on the property, but its a bit of a walk and is closer to the lodge

The town is nice for a visit. as well. Make sure to check out Sweet Sues in Phoenica for giant pancakes!.

The kaleidescope store is also quite interesting

One issue is that cell service is practically non-existent.

overall - a very nice trip . we plan to come back

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tc_travel_talk
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We called several times for a corporate retreat. I was given the name of a Tracy Lynch. I left several messages. Never got a call back. Eventually I got in touch with a Marcy something. She was very nice and talked forever about how sorry she was. She assured me that Tracy would get back to me. She never did. By this time I was ticked and tried to talk to someone in charge to give a piece of mind. Try to get in touch with the owners. It is impossible. You get the run around. Eventually I was told of a Naomi Uhey. She was of no help. She said she was sorry for Tracy not getting in touch with me. She said she would help me out. OK, lets see where this goes? She never called me back. I thought us doing a "country" retreat would be great. I guess from what I can tell the yahoos don't know how to deal with NYC people. Such a shame. The place looked nice. Incidentally, Mohonk Mountain House bent over backwards to help us out.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
13  Thank KCibm
MrktingDirctr, Director of Sales at Emerson Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

I understand your frustration at not getting a call back. I am disappointed my team let you down. Should you be willing to give us another try, please contact me directly (dcyrelson@emersonresort.com). I would be happy to provide you with my private number so you can be sure you will always get a prompt response in the future.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I have stayed here numerous times over the years.The down turn in the economy has forced Emerson to reinvent it self.???Although the Location is a 10!!!!!Emerson has given up some of its services.The mid week rates are a third of what they were in the past.Our only choice was to have dinner at the sister property Catamount...we walked in and right out, more like a dressed up cafeteria, the staff ignored us.Where as the in house restaurant used to provide a lovely ambiance and had a nice bar with a relaxing atmosphere.To be fair ,from what i understand the in house restaurant will be open again on weekends.
The spa is still active. the staff at the main lobby spa desk was rather cold. The spa shoppe used to have lovely products. now almost bear...
The room still very "Zen like" no longer has has the high end products, replaced with their own brand......The bed had a blanket..which used to have a nice light weight goosedown covered with a duvet....
I am just disappointed that emerson has become run of the mill and lost its distinction of quality and service.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
#3 of 5 in Hunter
Residence Inn Kingston
Residence Inn Kingston
#2 of 10 in Kingston

Been to Emerson Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!