“Shish kebab and cherry rice”
Review of Mavi Grill

Mavi Grill
Order Online
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Mount Sinai
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Experience the unique taste of Mavi Grill: Fine Turkish Cuisine. A blend of traditional Turkish and Mediterranean dishes, always fresh, and cooked to perfection. In a rush? Call in your order ahead of time and we will bring it to your car upon arrival! Want to celebrate a special event with family and friends? Book our dining room now!
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Half of my family was croatian, they enjoy Persian style, middle eastern flavored food. I love it as well. We start with the chopped salad (tabalah (?) And the get the chicken shish kebab with rice. I usually ask for cherry rice, it's tart and sweet at the same time, very tasty. End the meal with bakalava. Although ypu will wait a but for the food-its all made to order, enjoy a glass of wine (which you can bring) as the last time we were there they had no liqour licence. Small place, friendly family owned staff, clean and comfy. Can be family friendly or romantic. Cute little place nestled aways from the bustleing Port Jeff. Enjoy!

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

Food is always consistently good and the service is great!! Desserts are terrific! I would definitely try it!!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

The middle Eastern food here wasn't bad, on the edge of being authentic, and is hard to find in this area of long island. They don't have a liquor license, but do allow you to bring your own wine. There were a lot of people doing take out, but also some seating.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

My first time here, definitely not my last. We came for dinner on the recommendation of my son in law , who is a regular. First impressions: a lovely, cozy set up elegantly furnished. The servers can no be nicer, the chef walked over to see if we were happy with everything, we were. The food was so fresh it felt like it was home made, had great Greek salads, lamb and chicken, it was all delicious. We will be back to try the rest of the menu. Highly recommended, 5 stars.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed October 17, 2016

Food is great, so is service. Small restaurant, but very cute. I was there for lunch the carrot soup is delicious and the portion so large I took 1/2 home so I could enjoy rest of meal, which was salad and an egg plant dish that was outstanding.

Date of visit: August 2016