“Food & Service Great! Noise level UNBEARABLE!”
Review of Savino's Hideaway

Savino's Hideaway
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Mount Sinai
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2017

Great local gathering place, food and prices are very fair and the food is delish! However, it gets very crowded at the bar with locals and when the dining rooms are packed (which they usually are) the noise level is deafening. We have not come back due to this issue.

Reviewed September 8, 2017

My wife and I came here for lunch on a Thursday afternoon and we were thrilled that we did. We had been to Savino’s in the past and always found the food to be well-prepared, wonderfully plated and simply delicious. However, their lunch prix-fixe menu was phenomenal. For $15 pp, you have a choice of soup or salad, entrée (any chicken dish from their regular menu, eggplant parmigiana, flounder francese or selected pasta dishes from their regular menu), coffee/tea and dessert. My wife had the chicken paillard and I had the chicken cordon bleu. Both were fresh and full of flavor. The amaretto sponge cake was moist and the rice pudding was delicious (both homemade that morning). Our server, Benjamin, was terrific. He was very knowledgeable about the different dishes, attentive to us during our meal and provided an exceptional level of service. Great service, wonderful food and a lovely restaurant setting made our lunch a very enjoyable experience. If you found this review helpful, please let me know by clicking on the thumbs up button below. Thanks!

2  Thank John514
Reviewed September 6, 2017

Love the food, atmosphere and friendly service, but would never go there in the evening on a weekend. It's a long established local restaurant that reopened a couple of years ago after a several year hiatus. All good except the acoustics. It's so popular and so loud that you can hardly place your order much less enjoy a dinner conversation with your friends. Count me in for lunch any day and any weekday night, but the best that I would do over a eeke3nd is order take-out from them.

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

This is a great place, max the water was very hospitable and welcoming, the food was excellent and very well priced. I would recommend a visit to this place any day of the week.

1  Thank Mark F
Reviewed August 19, 2017

I went to Savino's Hideaway for the first time tonight with my family. We were celebrating my birthday, which is tomorrow and my daughter's was yesterday. The food was wonderful. My husband & I shared the mussels in white wine, garlic & oil. We really enjoyed this. Ordered a salad for the table (8 of us) with a balsamic dressing, very yummy. I ordered for my main course chicken Marsala, loaded with mushrooms. Comes with a side of pasta. The salad was extra. All of us loved our main courses. Service was very good as well. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank SlotqueenNewYork