“Superb!”

Questa Lasagna
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Mount Morris
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fresh, handmade Italian cuisine with a focus on local and sustainable ingredients.
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Superb!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Fresh ingredients. Made to order. Enough said! Be prepared to wait a while for preparation. It will be WELL worth the wait.

Toronto, Canada
“Authentic Italian food, served with a smile in a charming restaurant. Bargain!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Authentic Italian food, served with a smile in a charming restaurant. Bargain!

We ordered ravioli, the garlic bread (fresh bread and super cheap). Amazing!

• Visited August 2012
Maryland
“Absolutely charming!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were in Mount Morris for a wedding in mid-September. On the long drive north, we researched TA for restaurant options and Questa Lasagna sounded perfect. Thanks to the tip about the 9:00 closing, we called around 8:15 to ask if an 8:45 arrival would be a problem, prepared to place a carry-out order if it was, and were grateful to be assured that a late arrival was perfectly okay.

We arrived at 8:30 and were warmly welcomed by the owner (making pasta behind the counter) and our delightful server (who appeared to be still in training). The ambience of this place is absolutely charming! Bright window with little lights facing Main Street, soft lighting inside, hardwood floors, original artwork on the walls, white tablecloths with glass tops and fresh flowers on each table, with ample room between tables. We were frazzled when we arrived, but that quickly dissipated as we settled into this lovely environment. The restaurant does not yet have a liquor license and BYOB is not permitted by law, a slightly disappointing fact, but we shared a bottle of Pelligrino with lemon that was probably a wiser choice for the evening!

Food is fresh and portions are huge. We ate our fill, then took leftovers home and finished them early the following week. The olive bruschetta was amazing -- 3 large pieces of their home made Italian bread with mounds of mixed olives, perfection! The eggplant appetizer was also delightful, especially with its surprise bits of prosciutto and capers. I had the caprese salad as an entree -- good quality lettuce covered with thick slices of mozzarella, drizzled with balsamic vinegar, and embellished with just the right amount of fresh basil (yum)! After his initial disappointment that no ravioli was available that night, my husband settled on the spaghetti and meatballs (complained about in a previous review). The pasta was hand-cut and served al dente, exactly the way pasta is served in Italy. The sauce was a little more acidic than my husband prefers, as another reviewer suggested, but the owner explained that he uses a select brand of tomatoes flown in from California, so I suspect it's just a matter of taste (I thought it was perfect). The meatballs were large and perfectly cooked. Although we were too full for dessert, we couldn't resist the glass display case of cookies when we learned they were made in house, so we took a few "for the road" and enjoyed them immensely in the following days.

Despite our late arrival, we not only never felt rushed, we were treated like valued customers. The owner took time as his long work day ended to share his philosophy and passion about food preparation with us. Although we were the last diners of the evening, the chef took the right amount of time to prepare our food and our server repeatedly reminded us to take our time with our meals. We left feeling that we had been treated like locals, even though our paths will not likely cross again. Oh, and value? Seriously, I cannot believe anyone complained about the prices. It's hard to imagine that fresh food can be found at such a reasonable cost.

This is a special place. We've been to Italy twice in the past 2 years and are enthralled with the "slow foods" movement generated there. Nothing makes us happier than to find a local restaurant, operated with love, passion, and sacrifice, that honors those values. What a surprise to find such a find in Mount Morris, New York! Best wishes to the owner, and if you have a chance to visit, please give it a try. You will not be disappointed!

My husband suggests that I add a caveat. If your idea of good Italian food is Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill, this may not be the place for you. That's not meant to be derogatory. This place is about fresh, largely local, home made food. It tastes different and looks different than mass produced corporate fare. Know what to expect and you won't have unreasonable expectations.

• Visited September 2012
Hilton, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DISCUSTING FOOD”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a good meal. So we stopped @ Questa.
He had scallops in wine sause which were ok,but the pasta portion was very skimpy. Also VERY, VERY pricey. Their rasberry vinegar salad dressing tasted like straight up vingar. (GROSS)
I chose the spaghetti with meatballs. The noodles were hard. The marinara sause was gross. When I asked how the meatball were cooked, I was told that they bake them , then boil them (GROSS) I did not (could not) eat this plate of garbage. The waitress took the full plate from the table. When she returned she gave us the bill. ( $40.00 ) I told her that we should not have to pay for a meal that was not edible, but she responded that they don't compensate you for something you ordered that you did not like. I LOVE spaghetti & meatballs,But there food just SUCKS!!!!!

• Visited September 2012
“A great, tasty stop.”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My 8 year old daughter and I dropped into Questa Lasagna on the way home after two nights camping at Letchworth State Park. We were looking for comfort food - namely anything not cooked over a campfire!

We arrived a little after noon on a Sunday. We were seated immediately. There was only one other table occupied at the time, and we chose a spot in the front window of this storefront eatery. The place was decorated nicely, if a bit generically. We were greeted and helped by Julianne, who it quickly became apparent basically runs the joint. She was plating bread, making salad and apps, cashing out tabs using a calculator, and pretty much everything except cooking the entrees. Amazingly enough, she did it with grace - and although service could probably have been a bit faster and more attentive had there been at least one other server around, she was great.

I ordered the beef lasagna and my daughter ordered the grilled chicken alfredo. This place makes homemade pasta, so we were looking forward to the outcome.

First to come out was delicious olive oil bread, which was warm and had a great light, flaky crust on it. Salads were good, though unremarkable but for the giant, juicy, fresh tomato slices on them. I was a little disappointed that the iced tea I ordered was Gold Peak (coke product) with caramel color in it. Although once I saw how much hustling Julianne had to do on her own, I felt cruel wishing she had brewed some tea in the restaurant.

Our food arrived and looked and smelled great. The Alfredo sauce was wonderful. Creamy, with just the right balance of egg and cheese flavor. The pasta was delicate but firm, and the chicken had a nice crisp to it and didn't appear to have been precooked like so many places do for this dish (with a quick pan fry before plating).

The beef lasagna was a creative presentation, with the slice positioned in a baking dish atop a small plate. The beef was a blend of brisket and ground beef in a really nice sauce. The restaurant also offers a variety of alternative lasagnas, including an alfredo version, which I will make a point to try when we return - which we defininitely will. This time around, we had no room for dessert, but the place's selection of cookies and other Italian treats looked delectable.

Overall, good service - if a bit overworked. Great food. Highly recommended.