“Excellent experience”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Morris
Shady,NY
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed June 11, 2010

My wife and I came to dayhike in Letchworth State Park. We preferred to stay in a nearby village rather than in the park. From online descriptions, this hotel seemed the best choice.

We found it very satisfactory. Our executive suite bedroom was roomy, with a separate living room/kitchenette. The king bed was as comfortable as any I've slept in. The place was immaculate. We had plenty of towels. Every staff member we encountered was welcoming and helpful. Free cookies, coffee and milk were available 24/7, a boon for round-the-clock noshers like me.

To fulfill my request for quiet, our bedroom overlooked an inner courtyard, away from noise of the elevator, stairway, traffic, and parking lot. A minor irritation was that the walls are probably pretty thin, In the living room I could hear the TV murmuring next door. I travel with earplugs for sleeping, but I didn't need them.

The free breakfast offered hot cereal, bagels, omelets, sausages, practically anything I've ever had for breakfast. The decaf coffee was unusually good. I like attention to detail. The manager of maintenance told me the waffles had been too soft, so for crispyness he had a repairman make the baking cycle 30 seconds longer.

Total price was just under $140 with an AARP or AAA discount. We made reservations on the day we arrived, thus couldn't take advantage of a promotion that gave 15% off if 3 nights or more were booked at least 3 days in advance.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
countryinnmtmorris, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris, responded to this review, September 19, 2010
Thank you for your post. We had just revamped our breakfast offerings and are happy to hear of your approval. We now feature locally made Monks Bread baked fresh at the Abbey Of The Genesee just 8 miles away. As for the waffles- we will not serve anything to our guests that we (the staff) wouln't find appealing, that means soggy limp waffles!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
maryland
Reviewed February 18, 2010

We use country inn and suites all the time and found this one on par with others execpt the rucus in the parking lot at 4 a.M. I do not hold the hotel accountable for the loud argument between some couple outside our first floor window, but i cant beleive that the on duty could not hear the rucus after an hour of it. breakfast as usual. Would have been great if my sleep wasn't interupted..... the hotels location to Letchworth state park is great. alot of outside things to do in the area.. Oh, the argument set off our car alarm at 4:15 am thats pretty bad!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarylandRooster
Savannah, GA
Reviewed July 30, 2009

This motel was nice, clean, and comfortable. I was surprised at all the breakfast selections that included waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, bagels, milk, juices, and they even had shredded wheat as a cereal selection which is unusual. They also had good cookies in the lobby. Something that was a pleasant surprise is there was a notice that in addition to coffee, guests were welcome to enjoy milk and juice at anytime. It seems over the years that the quality of motels in America has gone down while the relative cost has gone up. I think that is a result of the almost complete domination of the industry by people of foreign ancestry. I would bet that this motel is American-owned because it is clean and in good repair like accommodations from yesteryear. The only reason I didn't give an excellent overall rating is that the price seemed a little high for a Country Inn.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank elsiefromga
Indiana
Reviewed June 29, 2009

The only reason I didn't give this hotel an completely excellent rating was because it is pretty much a no frills establishment with the exception of the breakfast bar which is well done.

The breakfast bar is fairly standard continental fare with some hot foods, but as part of the room charge it was a very nice touch. Free cookies and drinks 24/7 too.

The rooms were a bit worn, but were very clean. The place was quiet and comfortable and made a nice base for visiting Letchworth park.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2009

My wife and I were on an overnight anniversary getaway and the hotel was quite comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful, the room was very clean. The restaurant next door, owned by the same people that own the hotel, was very good also. Our only complaint was that the room was on the first floor, right next to the lobby and we heard EVERYTHING going on in the lobby. I'm not sure why they put us there because the hotel was not that busy. Maybe that was only whirlpool suite they had available. If you stay there, get a room on the second floor!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nybillsfan
England
Reviewed February 2, 2009

If you are looking for a nice countryside hotel in a quiet small town (village) during your tour of the NY state, this hotel offers you a nice, relaxing and friendly stay. Our room was incredibly spacious and clean. The staff were incredibly nice and helpful. We didnt have the time to explore the surroundings as much as we wanted to but we would have liked to stay longer.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AnskuEngland
New York
Reviewed October 25, 2008

First of all there are onlly 2 motels in Mt. Morris. We wanted to be near Letchworth State park. We looked at the other motel and it was pretty bad. Country Inns was very nice, the people were very warm and helpfu and the room was clean and comfortable.The breakfast was excellent. They offered lots of fruit,juices, cereal, yogurt,eggs, sausage, pastries etc. etc. By far the best motel breakfast I have seen. My husband and I both enjoyed our stay and the price was right. Even gave a discount for AAA or AARP members.We will stay here again, without a doubt.P.S. check in and out times are very convenient. In 3pm, out 12 noon.

• Liked — very clean, comfortable-over the top breakfast
  • Disliked — Liked everything no complaints
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Morris
Allegiance Bed and Breakfast
Allegiance Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 3 in Mount Morris
Temple Hill Bed & Breakfast

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris? Share your experiences!