Five of us stayed there to visit Letchworth State Park and Darien Lake Theme Park. I found the room to be clean. They upgraded us to a two queen with sleeper sofa from our original two queen room which I reserved with the pay in advance option several weeks before our visit. I agreed to a 10 dollar per night up charge, but they didn't end up charging us the additional 10 dollars for three nights we stayed which was appreciated.
The pool and hot tub area were also clean. I found the pool to be a little on the small side, great for one or two families but not much more than that. The hot tub was nice. It needed a minor repair that would have improved the performance- one of the jet covers was missing. There is an age limit of 17 years or older for the hot tub. I would have liked it better if my 10-year-old could have joined us in the hot tub. About half of the hotels we stay in have a similar age restriction.
The included breakfast was better that some- more variety than say, your average Choice Hotel. They could have been more diligent about replenishing items that ran out, but would do so when asked. I found myself eating early then going back with my family to help serve our youngsters. Trying to feed myself and my kids at the same time is a little stressful for me. Breakfast is open 6:00 to 9:30 AM and 9 O'clock seemed to be the rush time and the worst time to go. Free cookies of different varieties and coffee are available pretty much any time of day.
I found the staff to be really helpful, especially the evening manager which is when we were there the most. There is an nice front porch to sit and watch traffic. I enjoyed going out on the porch with my 10-year-old in the evenings after our swim. We would grab a cookie ans sit on the porch.
This hotel is right at the entrance of Letchworth State Park and only 34 miles from Darien Lake. It is about 80 miles from Niagara Falls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the North entrance of Letchworth State Park, we are the perfect base for the outdoor enthusiast. Miles of trails, geocaching, whitewater rafting, hot air balloon and glider rides, horsebackriding, skiing and sleigh rides. Modern amenities and decor with all the comforts of home. Our hot buffet breakfast is included with your stay along with our fresh baked cookies. Free wireless internet. Pet friendly-per room charge-no weight limits-max 2 per room unless manager approves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris Hotel Mount Morris
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris
- Country Inn Mount Morris
- Mount Morris Country Inn