“Clean, well maintained rooms, courteous staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Morris
Unadilla
“Clean, well maintained rooms, courteous staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Five of us stayed there to visit Letchworth State Park and Darien Lake Theme Park. I found the room to be clean. They upgraded us to a two queen with sleeper sofa from our original two queen room which I reserved with the pay in advance option several weeks before our visit. I agreed to a 10 dollar per night up charge, but they didn't end up charging us the additional 10 dollars for three nights we stayed which was appreciated.

The pool and hot tub area were also clean. I found the pool to be a little on the small side, great for one or two families but not much more than that. The hot tub was nice. It needed a minor repair that would have improved the performance- one of the jet covers was missing. There is an age limit of 17 years or older for the hot tub. I would have liked it better if my 10-year-old could have joined us in the hot tub. About half of the hotels we stay in have a similar age restriction.

The included breakfast was better that some- more variety than say, your average Choice Hotel. They could have been more diligent about replenishing items that ran out, but would do so when asked. I found myself eating early then going back with my family to help serve our youngsters. Trying to feed myself and my kids at the same time is a little stressful for me. Breakfast is open 6:00 to 9:30 AM and 9 O'clock seemed to be the rush time and the worst time to go. Free cookies of different varieties and coffee are available pretty much any time of day.

I found the staff to be really helpful, especially the evening manager which is when we were there the most. There is an nice front porch to sit and watch traffic. I enjoyed going out on the porch with my 10-year-old in the evenings after our swim. We would grab a cookie ans sit on the porch.

This hotel is right at the entrance of Letchworth State Park and only 34 miles from Darien Lake. It is about 80 miles from Niagara Falls.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
countryinnmtmorris, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Glad you enjoyed your stay! Looking forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

We enjoyed this hotel on July 3rd thru the 5th. The rooms were big and set up very nicely. The beds were very comfortable! The homemade cookies were a great touch and the breakfast was wonderful! Staff was wonderful! For the hotel to be full, we were the only ones in the pool area one evening. Restaurants were conveniently located although one was closed for the holiday and one had a wedding. Of course very conveniently located to Letchworth State Park which is beautiful park. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
countryinnmtmorris, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you.
Shelby twp. Mi.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

This place really is perfect! From the amazing choices at breakfast to the cookies, coffee and tea all day to the friendliest and most helpful staff I have ever met. You will not regret staying here! Our room was spotless and with a 2 min drive to letchworth and great restaurants you will have all you need for a great vacation.

Stayed July 2014
countryinnmtmorris, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thanks for being our guests. Hope to see you in the future.
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Conflicted if I should give this hotel a 1 or 5. Stayed there for a wedding and paid about $170. Rooms are large and clean. Did not have any issues except when we were eating breakfast I asked the attendant to change the channel from FOX to CNN.The girl went to get the remote but as she was about to change the channel another woman ran out of the office and grabbed it from her. She apologized and said she was sorry but the owner wants it on FOX. I asked to speak to him and she said he wasn't there. After several other guests spoke up she reluctantly changed channels but stood with the remote pointed at the TV looking over her shoulder the entire time we were eating then as soon as we left she switched it back. Seriously?!! This guy must be a real joy to work for and if paying customers have a simple request it should be accommodated. If you are that hard core politically motivated then how about playing the weather channel or taking the TV out. We do not want to be subjected to that station 1st thing in the morning and if the owner isnt even there then whats the problem.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank E H
countryinnmtmorris, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
We do apologize for the issue concerning our news channels. Current policies are being evaluated at this time
Shaker Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Luckily this hotel was good because there is very little competition in the area. The lobby and rooms were clean; the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful; the breakfast was 1 step above average chain hotel fare. It is conveniently located near Letchworth State Park's north entrance, and near downtown Mt.Morris where the excellent restaurant Charred is located.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
countryinnmtmorris, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thanks for your visit. Please return when in the area.
Yorktown Heights
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

This was my second stay at CIS in Mt Morris. I like this chain and I like this property. The staff is always very pleasant, the hotel is always clean and the rooms are comfortable. Many CIS are decorated almost exactly the same and there seems to be one consistent complaint, the rooms are a bit dark. With my last stay I only had one gripe. The bed had only a bed spread and no separate blanket! This was too heavy and not clean enough feeling. I don't know it was left off the bed or that is the way it actually is supposed to be. There was an additional blanket by the clothes hanging area that I used.
As always the complimentary breakfast was much more that I expected. Fruit, various breads and muffins, yogurt, waffles, cheese, cereal, as well as eggs and great sausage!(please don't tell my wife about the sausage!) There is always coffee and cookies available 24/7 as well.
This is a hotel chain I always enjoy and this property is no exception! I look forward to staying there again this August!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Neal F
countryinnmtmorris, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. See you in August.
Elmira, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

The staff was friendly, the standard breakfast fair was above par, room and hotel was clean and the after 9 pm adult pool/hot tub was welcoming. A slight mix up with the first room was fixed ASAP. The rooms were above average in price for the middle of nowhere Upstate NY but they can get it because they are the only chain hotel in the area. Would I stay here again? Yes.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
countryinnmtmorris, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please visit us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Morris
#1 of 3 in Mount Morris
Oak Valley Inn
Oak Valley Inn
#1 of 6 in Geneseo

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris? Share your experiences!