“A wonderful stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Morris
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed at this wonderful hotel over the Canadian Civic holiday weekend 2013, for a friend's wedding at Letchworth State Park. Can't say enough good things about this hotel. We had a whirlpool room and it was nice to come back to after some long days.

The hotel was very clean and lots of little things added to the experience. Free WiFi throughout the hotel. Free coffee and (very delicious) cookies in the lobby. Complementary breakfast (and not your typical complimentary breakfast!) Eggs/omelettes, sausages, corned beef hash, delicious fresh pastries, even a waffle maker! I had forgotten to pack shaving cream and their "Did You Forget" service helped me out! Just went down to the lobby and asked for some. Even the complimentary shampoo and conditioner were nice quality Pantene products that don't make your hair feel funny like I find with most other complimentary hotel hair products.

The list goes on and on, but all of the small touches added to the positive experience. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to book another stay at this hotel again if I'm ever in the area. Top notch all around!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JayDLDN
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were driving from Harrisburg, PA to Niagara Falls and didn't want to go straight through. As a result, we planned to spend the night in a hotel along the way. This is the only reason we picked this hotel. If I had to do this again, I wouldn't pick this one. Not because the hotel wasn't comfortable, but it was definitely out of our way. Next time I would just take the main freeway and drive and when I didn't want to drive anymore, there are so many hotels along the way it wouldn't have mattered where I picked. In any case, we went way out of our way to pick this hotel. It is a two story hotel. The room was interesting. We had a one bedroom. I thought there was a living room with a pull out sofa, but instead we got a double bed in the living room. Not a bad idea, but the bed was literally just next to the door. So when people walked by the hallway, you heard everything if you slept on that bed. However, in the bedroom, it was quiet as a pin. We heard nothing. The pool has family hours which end at 9pm, and adults only (18 and over), which is from 9pm-11pm. In the parking lot of the hotel is the Genesee River Restaurant. Read my separate review on that place if you are considering it. You may think twice... There is a reason it is number 8 out of 9. In the morning the breakfast was comparable to a Fairfield. Scrambled eggs, sausages, toast, oatmeal, cereals, watermelon. Basic, nothing fancy. There is absolutely positively no Starbucks, Tim Hortons or Dunkin nearby, so get your fix before you show up. If you are driving through on your way to Niagara Falls, pick somewhere else that is along the highway, because this place is definitely not. The hotel is spotlessly clean, the staff was very friendly. It is a two story hotel and there is an elevator. Right next to the hotel is a Dollar General. Thanks Country Inn for a comfortable and quiet stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Overall, the stay was pleasant, the pool is much smaller than the pictures, and the breakfast is OK. We found the cereals were all stale. Wile the hotel check in staff was ga and helpful and the woman who waited on the dining area were pleasant, the was one individual manager who particularly gruff and insistent on reminded in people of the rules. One instance, I had woken up earlier than my family and went to the lobby to have coffee. I poked my head into the restaurant to look for milk (don't like creamer), which I knew wasn't open, but I thought I would grab some quickly and read the paper in the lobby with coffee. A quick look, there was none, I went to the lobby. He saw me on my way out and started to bark the rules and berate me on trying to eat before it opened. I assured him I wasn't - just looking for milk - and assured him I really wasn't "in" the restaurant as in seated: i was just looking. He then called me a liar and that he saw me leave, that bare feet were not allowed, it didn't open until 7am - all over again. I told him I didn't need that kind of grief first thing in the morning and returned to my room. A bad stain on an otherwise pleasant stay.

Room Tip: It's not a great family stay for young children at this location. Older children and adults woul...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is a nice choice to stay in the small town of Mount Morris, there's not much choice though. It is super clean and comfortable, and the staffs are very welcoming. There are plenty of items for breakfast, and there is a nice restaurant just next door.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wei H
Reviewed July 18, 2013

A recent vacation to Letchworth State Park NY (June 2013 - four nights) we had super accommodations at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Mount Morris, a large suite with a Jacuzzi, very comfortable with a home like feel… that worked well for us. We enjoyed complimentary breakfast and 24 hour a day coffee, definitely a bonus. The staff was extremely informative, friendly and quite professional, this also added considerably to the visit. Letchworth State Park is a must see… and only minutes down the road in Dansville NY you will find Stony Brook State Park, smaller than Letchworth State Park but very much worth a visit. We highly recommend the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Mount Morris for your visit to this area.
Deborah & Conrad
Ontario, Canada

Room Tip: Jacuzzi suite... Book early and prepay to be eligible for a 20% discount.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Conrad P
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is an excellent place for dog owners and non-dog owners alike. Our dog was greeted like a friend, and the hotel provided some treats for her. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, and our friend, who traveled with us, had an adjoining room. She said she did not hear any noise from our dog (though our dog isn't noisy). We wanted to book a room again in May but unfortunately the hotel was fully booked.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We arrived late into Mt. Morris without a reservation and were lucky enough to find Country Inn & Suites. The desk clerk was busy but very helpful to us and a fellow that was trying to find adjoining rooms to fit his large family.
The hotel is located about 3 minutes from the entrance to the park and the hotel is clean and the rooms are very large and comfortable.
The hotel is well maintained and the hotel manager took the time to talk to us and gave us some help with the drive we were planning.
Very good continental breakfast and there are a choice of teas and coffee and cookies in the lobby at all times. The pool and hot tub are very clean and well maintained.
There is also a restaurant/bar next door which is open late that was very handy with us arriving late and as nowhere else in town was open.
Very nice spot, would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: if you are a CAA/AAA member there is a discount. Rooms on the 2nd level are easily accessible by st...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank hockeymum11
countryinnmtmorris, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Morris
Allegiance Bed and Breakfast
Allegiance Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 3 in Mount Morris
OAK VALLEY INN & SUITES

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris? Share your experiences!