“A very enjoyable inn.”

Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Kisco
Upstate NY
“A very enjoyable inn.”
Reviewed January 4, 2010

All things considered, this may be the nicest Holiday Inn in New York State. The location, the friendly staff, the restaurant and lounge all are first rate. The only average aspect of the facility is the exercise room. It is barely adequate. However, the gingersnaps in the lobby and the nightly bell ringer summons to meet for a complimentary nightcap result in one looking forward to their next stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Florida
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I traveled to NY for a seminar in Shrub Oak and stayed at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco. I had never been to NY in my entire life - what a perfect introduction! Such a charming hotel location and decor, as well as BEAUTIFUL terrain in the area. Also, everyone I came in contact with, most especially the hotel staff, were as nice as they could be. I hope I have a reason to return some day!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Queens
Reviewed October 28, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for two nights for a wedding I was attending near by. The hotel was clean and staff were polite. I didn't have the breakfast but my husband said it was overpriced and not fresh. Breakfast was not included the first night but was included the second night. The Kittle House which is nearby has an excellent brunch but it is costly. After the wedding we all went back to the hotel bar/club and had the best time. They had a DJ and the music was great. They were suppose to close at 2AM but stayed open later because we were there. It is a great place to have your guests staying if you are planning a wedding near by.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Oregon
Reviewed October 11, 2009

The room was comfortable and clean. The desk staff were efficient and polite. The restaurant attached was mediocre and overpriced. It is the only hotel in town, so we will use it again. But without an exceptional price reduction, we'll go to the nearest alternative 12 miles away.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Cottekill, NY
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My wife, who is clergy, and I stayed at this hotel over the 2009 High Holy Days. Two of their ballrooms abut the guest room hallway on the first floor. Our room was directly opposite one of the rear exit doors. On saturday night, the music from these two ballrooms was so loud, we heard it in our room (our door was closed and vibrating) through the walls. Their business center is little more than a large desk in the hallway at the top of the stairs to the 2nd floor. It's called a business hotel simply because they shoved a table, calling it a 'desk,' into the room (making a small room smaller.) Their 'game room' consisted of two old video games (disconnected) down a side hall. Their room service not only maintained odd hours, they charged you a $3 delivery fee and an 18% gratuity on top of over-priced food (a $10.95 sandwich cost $17 from room service.) I would never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank REALGrunge

Travelers are raving about these Mount Kisco hotels

Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed here with my wife and 2 kids in August. We chose this hotel because we were visiting friends in the area and we were looking for the nicest place nearby. The facility itself is very nice and tries to create the atmosphere of a homey Manor House when you walk in the lobby. Our first impression was great. When we entered through another door near our room however, we were confronted by a terrible musty and chemical odor in the hallways. We hurried into our room to escape the smell, only to find an even more unpleasant smell in our room. It was August so it was not surprising to find the air a little humid, however the smell was soooo prevalent and constant that it really affected our stay at the hotel. We didn't even want to invited our friends back to the hotel after dinner. We will definitely be looking for different accommodations next time we visit!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Maxim1918
Central VA
Reviewed September 13, 2009

NOTE: We haven't stayed here yet. I'm writing about the nightmare I experienced trying to reserve a room here at the group rate.

We're attending a wedding in the area and were advised by the bride to reserve here at group rate of $99.00/night. Tried to book two nights and was told the second night was full for that particular wedding group rate, but " we can get you the same price the second night anyway."

Was given a confirmation number and told I'd receive a confirmation e-mail. When I didn't receive confirmation e-mail, I looked up my reservation on-line. Only the first night had been reserved. When I called customer service, I was told they'd give me the second night at $169.00; there were simply no rooms available that night at the discounted rate. When I asked why I had been promised that rate, I was told, "I don't know what was said in that conversation."

The bride contacted the hotel. Now when I look up my reservation on-line, there are two nights reserved at the discounted rate. The bride tells me there are still plenty of rooms available for three nights of her group reservation. Why did I have to go through all this?

My advice -- do not book your group at Holiday Inn.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh
Doral Arrowwood
Doral Arrowwood
#2 of 2 in Rye Brook

Been to Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)? Share your experiences!