“It was worth our what we paid from an internet special, but the regular rates are absurd.”

Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Kisco
Reviewed October 11, 2009

The room was comfortable and clean. The desk staff were efficient and polite. The restaurant attached was mediocre and overpriced. It is the only hotel in town, so we will use it again. But without an exceptional price reduction, we'll go to the nearest alternative 12 miles away.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)

Reviewed October 8, 2009

My wife, who is clergy, and I stayed at this hotel over the 2009 High Holy Days. Two of their ballrooms abut the guest room hallway on the first floor. Our room was directly opposite one of the rear exit doors. On saturday night, the music from these two ballrooms was so loud, we heard it in our room (our door was closed and vibrating) through the walls. Their business center is little more than a large desk in the hallway at the top of the stairs to the 2nd floor. It's called a business hotel simply because they shoved a table, calling it a 'desk,' into the room (making a small room smaller.) Their 'game room' consisted of two old video games (disconnected) down a side hall. Their room service not only maintained odd hours, they charged you a $3 delivery fee and an 18% gratuity on top of over-priced food (a $10.95 sandwich cost $17 from room service.) I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank REALGrunge
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed here with my wife and 2 kids in August. We chose this hotel because we were visiting friends in the area and we were looking for the nicest place nearby. The facility itself is very nice and tries to create the atmosphere of a homey Manor House when you walk in the lobby. Our first impression was great. When we entered through another door near our room however, we were confronted by a terrible musty and chemical odor in the hallways. We hurried into our room to escape the smell, only to find an even more unpleasant smell in our room. It was August so it was not surprising to find the air a little humid, however the smell was soooo prevalent and constant that it really affected our stay at the hotel. We didn't even want to invited our friends back to the hotel after dinner. We will definitely be looking for different accommodations next time we visit!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Maxim1918
Reviewed September 13, 2009

NOTE: We haven't stayed here yet. I'm writing about the nightmare I experienced trying to reserve a room here at the group rate.

We're attending a wedding in the area and were advised by the bride to reserve here at group rate of $99.00/night. Tried to book two nights and was told the second night was full for that particular wedding group rate, but " we can get you the same price the second night anyway."

Was given a confirmation number and told I'd receive a confirmation e-mail. When I didn't receive confirmation e-mail, I looked up my reservation on-line. Only the first night had been reserved. When I called customer service, I was told they'd give me the second night at $169.00; there were simply no rooms available that night at the discounted rate. When I asked why I had been promised that rate, I was told, "I don't know what was said in that conversation."

The bride contacted the hotel. Now when I look up my reservation on-line, there are two nights reserved at the discounted rate. The bride tells me there are still plenty of rooms available for three nights of her group reservation. Why did I have to go through all this?

My advice -- do not book your group at Holiday Inn.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CentralVASassa
Reviewed September 13, 2009

I've seen the hotel improve dramatically over the past 5 years. In the past year or two, the hotel has included a complimentary breakfast which makes this hotel a better deal than the Crowne Plaza in White Plains. Also, the rooms are similar to the Crowne Plaza. The breakfast is a buffet and staff will make you an omelet to your liking. Plus the waiter has always been extremely attentive, professional and prompt with providing coffee and orange juice. The hotel also has free, easy, convenient, available parking. and has entertainment on certain nights (music, wine tastings, etc) and lemon ade and ginger snaps are always available in the lobby. Plus, as a priority club member I am offered a choice of a complimentary drink, dessert or chocolate.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2009

The Holiday Inn was truly welcoming. Three adults and two children needed two adjoining rooms for the night after a long drive. We were served an after hours dinner that was quite fine with the kitchen and wait staff going out of their way to provide for tired kids. The attractive lobby featured complimentary cookies and cocoa or a cocktail that evening, and our rooms were very clean, spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2009

I stayed here twice. Both times I felt welcomed and cared for. The Nightcap and cookies were great, rooms well stocked and clean. Long walk to the room, especially the second night due to generator outside closer rooms, and staff didn't want noise bothering the guests (but didn't explain that). AC wasn't up to par when I arrived second time; I had the choice of changing rooms or having maintenance come. I chose the second and all was fixed within 15 minutes. I look forward to staying there on my next visit to the area!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County
Inn on the Hudson
Inn on the Hudson
#2 of 2 in Peekskill

Been to Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)? Share your experiences!