“Great hotel, a little pricey, good service.”

Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Kisco
Reviewed December 1, 2008

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn in Mt Kisco for 2-3 nights for probably 20 years visiting family for vacations, etc. In that time we've seen the quality and service improve significantly. I remember water stains on the walls, dated and worn furnishings, all things of the past.

Guest service is impeccable, Kelly was our primary contact this visit and she couldn't have been more gracious, explaining the amenities and taking care of our requests. Rooms are clean and quiet. The restaurant is pleasant and we enjoy the dancing when that's available.

There are only two downsides to this Holiday Inn. One is the lack of an elevator, surely two rooms could either be eliminated or reduced in size in order to provide an elevator to the second floor. The other is the high room price which I suspect is due to the lack of competition in the area.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Tim B

Reviewed October 27, 2008

I stayed overnight at Mt Kisco Holiday inn to attend a social event close-by. The hotel also had 2 other events at the same time, so it was quite busy.

It is easily located right off the Saw Mill, just follow the signs, two quick turns.

The lobby is beautifully decorated with the season and had a statue of a butler to welcome visitors. I thought it was very cute. They have a bar and a cafe on-site (no free breakfast at this HI), but the food was very good and the staff attentive.

Check-in was easy, I forget whether I was welcomed as Priority Club member, but nonetheless, the staff were nice. They seemed a bit distracted since they had 2 events going on. I got a choice of a free cocktail, dessert or chocolate. I went for the chocolate which was very good and made a chocolate shop in nearbty Briarcliff Manor. Choose the dessert, though, it was very tasty!!!

The hotel is only 2 floors, so there is no elevator. I did get a bit confused as to where one locates the second floor, but I figured it out on my own fast enough.

The room is typical, decent sized & clean, though not decorated as nicely as the lobby, I just thought it would be continued throughout the hotel. The bathroom is a bit small. You have just enough room to get inside, turn and close the door. If one is getting ready, it is a tight fit.

The TV remote in the room was not working nor was the buttons on the TV itself. However, since I was in a rush to get ready and leave, it was not an issue for me. After I returned, I called the front desk, asked for a new remote and was told there was nothing they can do and they will try to find a new battery. Fine, it was late and I went to bed. However, it would have been nice to watch the news & weather the next morning.

Upon checkout, I told the front desk and the lady (mgr?) seemed suprised, apologized and immediately set it right. Now, that's service! I was very impressed how she handled it and I would definitely go back.

I got the room off the hotel website at somewhat a decent rate, but considering the rural-ish area, the price should be more competitive.

Pictures to follow.

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed October 9, 2008

I stayed on business and was pleasantly surprised at the attentiveness of the staff. They were very warm and welcoming. Everyone I met smiled and said, "hello". You don't find that too often. My room was clean. Food in the restaurant was very tasty. For me, this is a great experience. I would recommend this hotel for others. It is also located in a beautiful, quaint little town. I was able to find some antique stores. Great value.

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed September 18, 2008

We stayed here for one night on our way back to Massachusetts from NYC. The hotel is in a nice area close to the train station and town.

We were made to feel very welcome at reception, and because we were Priority Club members, were given some coupons for discounts on food and drink at the hotel restaurant.

Our room was basic and clean, thought it did smell like a smoking room and the hallway near our room also smelled musty. The hotel building itself is older, and we thought the rate of $216/night (AAA rate) for the room was a bit steep. There's nothing else in the area though, and the hotel is conveniently accessed from the highway.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2008

Loved the hotel, beautiful scenery. The staff was attentive, engaging, and genuine. I travel often on business, so when traveling with my family I can be very particular. This hotel exceeded my expectations, with it's cleanliness and service. I was pleasantly suprised when they invited my family to an "in hotel experience", complimentary activities my children loved!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2008

I booked one night in this hotel on Hotwire for $64 which was even cheaper than Motel 6. When we arrived a classic car show was going on in the parking lot which I guess occurs every Friday. It was kind of fun to see the old cars and didn't get in our way any.

The room was average. The beds were nice and seemed new and the rest of the carpeting and other furniture in the room seemed pretty up to date also. The bathroom wasn't as nice as the rest of the room. Pretty small and definitely could have used some renovation. The hallway carpets were also pretty outdated. The lobby was nice and the bar and restaurant looked descent even though we did not have time to eat there. The room had both free wireless and ethernet internet.

Overall it was a pretty nice place especially for the price.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2008

This hotel is clean, but I don't recommend it for people who actually want to sleep. The hotel hosts parties in the lobby and bar, and seems unwilling to deal with rowdy and drunk guests. Definitely don't recommend for young families if you want to get your kids to bed at night.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Hawthorne
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County

Been to Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)? Share your experiences!