“Great Stay”

Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Kisco
“Great Stay”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

This was one of the most comfortable and enjoyable stays in a hotel I can remember. The room and facilities were slightly older but very well maintained. I can say this has been one of the most accommodating and courteous staff's that I have encountered in a chain hotel. I arrived for a family party and came in late after all the food was put away. The staff went into the kitchen and made my wife and I some food without any hesitation. The next day, again the staff opened both the lounge and kitchen when they herd we did not have any place to go before our flight out. This was a warm and inviting stay that I would not hesitate to make again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Cranbury, New Jersey
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Convenient location. Accommodations were fine although we were disappointed to be in a room with 2 double beds instead of the King bed we requested. Staff was pleasant and accommodating. A/C-Heat Control was excellent as it got quite chilly in the evening despite being in the middle of the summer.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Blitgirl,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. It is really nice to know that you liked our location. We also appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind comments on the staff. However, I'm sorry your stay was negatively affected by the confusion on the room assignments. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 22, 2014

As other reviewers have mentioned, the decor is a bit dated and typical of a chain hotel. There is no elevator to the second floor, so we had to drag our suitcases up the stairs, which the hotel did acknowledge was an inconvenience and gave us two free bottles of water for our trouble. Also, we had requested a king bed room but were given a room with two queens instead. Our bed at home is a queen, but in this bed we were pretty squished together, so I doubt these beds were even as big as standard queens. The pool area was okay, but the poolside furniture seemed to need replacing.

However, I also agree that the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful, including the housekeeping and front desk staff, but especially the restaurant/catering employees. We arrived late, and the restaurant staff really went out of their way to take care of us, even though we were the only guests in the place.

Overall, I would stay here again for business purposes, but for a pleasure trip, because I like my comforts, I'd probably go for something a little more upscale.

Room Tip: There is no elevator to the second floor, so you might want to consider that when requesting a room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I was really surprised at this hotel. Walking into the lobby I honestly felt like I was back in the 70s. Everything is clean but very dated. Given the location I am really surprised. I had what amounted to a dorm fridge that sounded like it was on its last leg. The staff was friendly which was really the only saving grace. The brand really needs to take a hard look at this property. I would avoid if at all possible.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank es_in_tx
Melody L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear es_in_tx,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. You will be glad to know that we are scheduled to undergo a complete renovation within the next year; though many of the guests I talk to tell me that we don't need it! I am happy that the team here made you feel welcomed, and hope you return post-renovation to try us out again.

All My Best,
Melody Lloyd

Travelers are raving about these Mount Kisco hotels

Sayville, New York
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed at this hotel and was surprised by its graciousness, hospitality and cleanliness. The rooms were very well kept and the bed comfortable. Large TV and free Wi-Fi. The staff was so exceptional, especially Maria at the front desk and Sally at the restaurant. The breakfast was great and enjoyable staff again. If your in the Westchester area you won't find a better place to stay.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor which was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Melody L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Michael C,

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and, specifically, for letting me know who helped make it an enjoyable one! I will pass along your comments to the team as well,

Melody Lloyd
Holiday Inn Mt Kisco
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I held a meeting for clients and it worked out well. In particular, the staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. In addition, the food was very, very good.

The sleeping rooms themselves are average, but I wasn't there to stay in my room. That being said, the bed was comfortable, the furniture was modern and the bath was good enough. It's also a very convenient location.

James Dondero, the hotel's meeting coordinator, provided excellent personal service. The marker of that came when I forgot to bring my speakers. I could've done without them, but James lent me his personal ones and I was very glad since it enabled me to include a part of the program that turned out to be instrumental in its success.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This Holiday Inn is located in the midst of a corporate/industrial park section of Mount Kisco, yet once you're inside, the atmosphere is laid-back and welcoming. It's a two-story hotel, but there is no elevator to the second story. However, the staff will be glad to assist you upstairs with your luggage if necessary. The room in which I stayed was spacious and clean. The television reception appears to rely partially upon satellites, so a number of stations do not come in clearly whereas some do have a crystal-clear digital signal. There was a free "USA Today" tucked under my door each morning. The reception desk was a bit under-staffed: when I was attempting to check out, there was a couple on line ahead of me disputing something on their bill, and as there was no one else manning the desk, I was forced to wait a while. There is a dearth of hotels in this area, so the convenience of this Holiday Inn to Northern Westchester locales and the reasonably-priced, comfortable rooms compensate for the issues I've mentioned.

Room Tip: Request the first floor if you have a lot of luggage. No elevator to the second floor (but the hotel...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh
Doral Arrowwood
Doral Arrowwood
#2 of 2 in Rye Brook

Been to Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)? Share your experiences!