“This is a 2-star property with an outstanding staff.”

Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Kisco
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I hate when I come to Westchester County and have to stay in a hotel because there are no good choices. The Holiday Inn has become a default because it has a location that works well for us. The hotel is old, musty, in need of renovation and, this time, we had a big bug on the floor of our room. With all of that said, I have to compliment the staff. This visit we had wonderful greet staff who treated us right as well as insured that we had the connecting rooms that we needed. They went out of their way to be helpful and took extra effort to thank me for having Platinum status with Intercontinental Hotels (the Holiday Inn parent company). What would have been a very dreary stay was made a little bit brighter. Thanks.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank DreamSeeker94
Melody L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear DreamSeeker94,

Thank you for your feedback (and again for being a PLATINUM IHG Rewards member!). I am happy to tell you that we will be starting major renovations later this year. In the meantime, I am confident that our staff will continue to shine, as I am so glad they did for you.

Thank you again. Please ask for me during your next trip to Mount Kisco, I would love to meet you.

Melody Lloyd

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stayed two nights in the hotel and experienced many minor issues including:
- Running toilet - had to lift up the back and push down the rubber piece multiple times
- Movie ordering channel was messed up (screen bouncing up and down and not getting into focus) so I couldn't order a movie
- Wi-fi was very patchy
- Telephone didn't work (discovered this when I went to call about these other issues)
- Found two stink bugs, one of which was crawling on me (hotel admitted they had a stink bug issue)
- When I informed the front desk about these issue they were not very sympathetic. Just said that I could have called down and requested another room (even though my phone was working). I wasn't necessarily looking for a discount as I considered all of these issues minor, just some sympathy and a promise to try to fix them in the future.
- After I left, a fellow conference mate was still in the lobby. He told me that he heard my discussion and then heard the front desk talking about it after I left. He said that they said, "I thought all those problems were fixed". This annoyed me a little because I was cutting the hotel some slack. I figured if no one ever mentioned these issues before then how would they know to fix them. But the bottom line is that I don't think they are making any attempt at fixing some of these issues.
- Other people that stayed in the hotel that weekend also mentioned the running toilets and the poor Wi-fi. One visitor who had a room at the end of the hall could not get the Wi-fi to work the entire visit.
- On a positive note, the beds were comfortable and everything was clean. Not a terrible stay by any means but not worth the price payed. I would have expected issues and customer service like this at a cheap motel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan H
Melody L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Dan H,

I am very sorry for your experience at our hotel. The conditions you describe fall way below our standards. I assure you that I am addressing these concerns - both the physical condition items you spoke of and the lack of care you received when you brought it to our attention. I truly appreciate people like you, who are willing to tell us what their problems were, as that is the only way we can improve. I invite you to contact me directly the next time you are in the area; I would love the chance to show you that we can do better.

Thank you for your feedback - I hope to hear from you.

All My Best,

Melody

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We are currently staying here. After long drive from Michigan, Joe has been so helpful and attentive to our needs. Really appreciate top customer service! First time to stay here and will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I booked my room at the hotel with much trepidation after reading the negative reviews posted here but, I must say I was pleasantly surprised. We had a room on the second floor with a king size bed. The bed was wonderful. I actually slept through the night which is rarity for me. I found the room to be clean and comfortable. I did not notice any peeling paint, outdated fixtures, etc. We did not touch the heat/air conditioning unit so I cannot comment on that issue. I found our hotel room to be extremely quiet. Whenever I stay in a hotel, I usually can hear the occupants of the rooms on either side of us and the shower of the room above. I did not hear anything from the other rooms. The parking lot was full on Saturday night so I’m sure those rooms were occupied. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay in the hotel again during my next visit to the area.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, request a room on the first floor if you do not want to carry your bags up a f...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Checked in for 1 night and was upgraded to a king suite on the first floor as the girl at the desk was thinking I didn't want to lug my suitcase up the stairs to the second floor, they have no elevator. She was right. Had dinner at Teddy's, it was better than Denny's but not by much. Nonenof the plugs in the lamp bases worked. Had to move things and crawl on the floor to find a working outlet. The pillows were great and VERY comfy. Overall this hotel is quaint but needs a major reno.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Melody L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Hello Amanda, and thank you for taking the time to write a review. You hit on 2 of the improvements we will be making in the next year! During our upcoming renovation, our lamps will be replaced, making for much better outlet accessibility. In addition, we will be installing an elevator! But I am happy that Oneka recognized that the first floor would be best for you during this trip. I hope to see you again in the future.

Many Thanks,
Melody

Reviewed February 6, 2014

This Holiday Inn is overpriced ($168 plus tax) and is in a desperate need of a renovation. The rooms are outdated, paint peeling, window screwed with half of the window boarded up by the Heat/AC unit and the bathroom is tiny.
I was kept up all night by the heater that I eventually turned it off and froze the entire night.

Room Tip: There are a few hotels about 15 minutes in Tarrytown, you'd be best off staying there.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Melody L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Mshal1984,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. True, our Heating/Cooling units are showing their age; we will soon be undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation, with those units being one of the first things changed! However, the rest of the picture you are painting of our rooms is not a reflection of the standards we keep. I would truly like to know which room you were in, so I can investigate more fully. If you are willing, I can be reached at 914-242-2800, or via email at mlloyd@roedelcompanies.com.
Thank you againg for your post, and for having chosen Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco.
All My Best,

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed here weekly for 7 months and the staff treated me like family. There were the occasional mishaps that happened, but it was the way the staff handled these that determined the magnitude. They exceeded my expectation in service. The on site restaurant is good with a wide selection of entrees. I definitely will stay here again when I am back in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the back of the property as the front area gets crowded and sometimes loud.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jerry P

Thank you so much for your kind words. The staff here does truly care for our guests and I am glad that showed through to you. See you next time!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Kisco
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County
Inn on the Hudson
Inn on the Hudson
#2 of 2 in Peekskill

Been to Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)? Share your experiences!