“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)

Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Kisco
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I booked my room at the hotel with much trepidation after reading the negative reviews posted here but, I must say I was pleasantly surprised. We had a room on the second floor with a king size bed. The bed was wonderful. I actually slept through the night which is rarity for me. I found the room to be clean and comfortable. I did not notice any peeling paint, outdated fixtures, etc. We did not touch the heat/air conditioning unit so I cannot comment on that issue. I found our hotel room to be extremely quiet. Whenever I stay in a hotel, I usually can hear the occupants of the rooms on either side of us and the shower of the room above. I did not hear anything from the other rooms. The parking lot was full on Saturday night so I’m sure those rooms were occupied. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay in the hotel again during my next visit to the area.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, request a room on the first floor if you do not want to carry your bags up a f...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Checked in for 1 night and was upgraded to a king suite on the first floor as the girl at the desk was thinking I didn't want to lug my suitcase up the stairs to the second floor, they have no elevator. She was right. Had dinner at Teddy's, it was better than Denny's but not by much. Nonenof the plugs in the lamp bases worked. Had to move things and crawl on the floor to find a working outlet. The pillows were great and VERY comfy. Overall this hotel is quaint but needs a major reno.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Melody L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Hello Amanda, and thank you for taking the time to write a review. You hit on 2 of the improvements we will be making in the next year! During our upcoming renovation, our lamps will be replaced, making for much better outlet accessibility. In addition, we will be installing an elevator! But I am happy that Oneka recognized that the first floor would be best for you during this trip. I hope to see you again in the future.

Many Thanks,
Melody

Travelers are raving about these Mount Kisco hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

This Holiday Inn is overpriced ($168 plus tax) and is in a desperate need of a renovation. The rooms are outdated, paint peeling, window screwed with half of the window boarded up by the Heat/AC unit and the bathroom is tiny.
I was kept up all night by the heater that I eventually turned it off and froze the entire night.

Room Tip: There are a few hotels about 15 minutes in Tarrytown, you'd be best off staying there.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Melody L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Mshal1984,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. True, our Heating/Cooling units are showing their age; we will soon be undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation, with those units being one of the first things changed! However, the rest of the picture you are painting of our rooms is not a reflection of the standards we keep. I would truly like to know which room you were in, so I can investigate more fully. If you are willing, I can be reached at 914-242-2800, or via email at mlloyd@roedelcompanies.com.
Thank you againg for your post, and for having chosen Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco.
All My Best,
Melody Lloyd
Mineola, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed here weekly for 7 months and the staff treated me like family. There were the occasional mishaps that happened, but it was the way the staff handled these that determined the magnitude. They exceeded my expectation in service. The on site restaurant is good with a wide selection of entrees. I definitely will stay here again when I am back in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the back of the property as the front area gets crowded and sometimes loud.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jerry P
Thank you so much for your kind words. The staff here does truly care for our guests and I am glad that showed through to you. See you next time!

Melody Lloyd
Winter Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed here with family and friends for a wedding in the area. It is very centrally located for enjoying the town of Mt. Kisco and getting to Chappaqua.
I was wowed every time I entered the hotel, because of the high ceilings, beautiful decor and stunning fireplace.
We had a wonderful experience in Teddy's Ultra Lounge for a late dinner after arriving from flights from California to Florida. The food was great, but the nice experience was largely due to our server, Teresa, whose unfailing good humor and attentive service at that late hour was impressive.
She helped satisfy the four young children as well as the adults, and we thank her very much!
Another nice aspect of the lounge was that it's large enough so that the children in our party could run around a little bit near our table without disturbing customers at the bar near the front.
The only real disappointments for us at the hotel were the lack of an elevator and the lack of an indoor pool!

Room Tip: If you have difficulty climbing stairs request a lower level room. The staff will help carry bags u...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank claireleefl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed here recently for wedding. Because of the affordable price, I wasn't expecting much. It exceeded my expectations. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, the rooms were clean and comfortable, and the food we ordered via room service was really good. I wished that our room had a minibar, but other than that, no complaints. We would definitely stay here again if we had another event to attend in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank anana216
Stillwater, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This hotel has a lot of potential and it was reasonably priced for the area but its dated and tired. While all seemed to work and it appeared to be clean, the place is just a little tired. I was not happy that they got my reservation wrong and had me coming in one night before I actually did. The extra night showed up on my credit card but did not show on the bill when I checked out. I called them and they promised to correct the error, we'll see. If they don't I'll be back here to report it. I had the opportunity to dine at a banquet, the food was hot but average, the service was good in the dining room and at the bar. At breakfast the next morning the menu had previously been agreed to which the attendees did not know and the omelet chef bit everyone's head off for asking. Excuse me! The room was clean and well appointed but again not sure when the hotel was remodeled. All in all it was average and could have been better. As far as treatment at the front desk, it was cordial but average. Expect an average stay at an average hotel, with average treatment. It is what it is.

Room Tip: the hotel is in a commercial area, there is no good view, although the area is quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank firefighterdad
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear firefighterdad,

Edith Macy Conference Center
Edith Macy Conference Center
#1 of 1 in Briarcliff Manor
4.5 of 5 stars 52 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)? Share your experiences!