“OVERPRICED”

Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Kisco
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was staying at this hotel overnight due to a wedding that I attended. At first glance , the hotel seemed adequate. I was assigned a room too close to the lobby and as a result heard lots of noise in the corridor. I thought that all Holiday Inns provide at least a continental breakfast and some even include a hot breakfast. Sorry to say this one only offered coffee in the lobby. I regret that I did not stay at a Comfort Inn nearby which offered more amenities and charged less. This property needs an overhaul and needs to offer at the very least a Continental breakfast for what it charges. No I will not be coming back and it has turned me off to Holiday Inn in general.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor and away from the lobby.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear ADVENTURERNEWJERSEY,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the noise during your stay and for the lack of free continental breakfast. We regret to inform you that the complimentary continental breakfast is only offered by our sister hotel, Holiday inn Express and Suites. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My first impression of this hotel was very favorable. The lobby is spacious and well appointed. The folks working the front desk were very friendly but did not recognize me as a platinum elite member. I was not offered any perks usually given to the most frequent of Holiday Inn travelers. There was no discount coupon for breakfast or dinner in the restaurant, no free drink coupon, no free bottle of water and no other snack was offered. I'm not sure if this is hotel policy; but if it is their policy that really should change if they want frequent travelers as their repeat customers. Before going to my room I asked at the front desk if I should stay parked in front of the hotel or if it would be easier to move my car to the back of the hotel. I was told my room was half way down a very long hallway so I could stay where I was parked. What they did not tell me was there was another entrance halfway down that hallway very close to where my room was. I certainly would have moved my car to that spot if the front desk told me about that entrance. The room was nice and spacious. I liked the desk area as it offered plenty of room. The mattress was very comfortable but I did not like the pillows as they were too thick and firm to meet my needs. The bedroom and bathroom areas were both very clean but inside my bathtub was a fairly large spider. It was quickly removed and there were no other unwanted creatures crawling around the room; as least none that I saw. I know these things can happen but someone else could have been totally freaked out by seeing that spider in the tub. My check out process was very easy and there was complimentary coffee service set up in the lobby in the morning. I think this property has the potential to be better, but for now it is quite average.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear AtomicReviewer,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided. I apologize for the services that you have received which is not up to your par. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were in town for a special event and stayed at this property for one night. It is clearly an older Holiday Inn that is beginning to show its age. On the positive side rooms are large by modern hotel standards, well appointed, comfortable beds etc. Long cinder bloc corridors however, quickly take you back to the 1960's. The location is excellent with few other choices in the area. The staff was generally helpful. Hopefully this Inn will soon be replaced my a more contemporary facility.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear AJandCV,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. i am glad you mentioned our friendly staff as well as our convenient location. However, I am sorry you found some aspects of our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W

Reviewed September 27, 2013

If you are looking for a short stay for business travel, I would suggest the Holiday Inn.
The rooms are clean and Average.
The food is good, nice Bar, and plenty of parking.
There are no special attractions in Mount kisco,
Can take a taxi if you need to venture out.
I would rent a car.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Thank Princess Valeri... M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear VanessaPapageorgio,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. It is pleasing to know that you found our room accommodations to be sufficient for your needs and the food served met your liking.

I hope you see us soon if your travels bring you back to the area!

Regards,

Pam G

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I and our 2 kids stayed here back in July. It was a very beautiful hotel, and the staff was friendly. However, we found multiple bugs--not sure what type, but they were worm-like and were ALL over the room. The morning desk clerk offered no more than and "oh ok" when we let her know. I realize that some things are a little out of one's control, but at least a little sympathy would be nice.

Breakfast was good, not worth the price, but very yummy. The hotel itself is dated, but in a nice way.

Had a good time, but was a little disappointed with the "bug situation" especially having a newborn baby and fearing one would crawl on him!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kaitlyn R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Kaitlyn R,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst we are pleased with the good comments, we truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We are sorry if your stay was negatively affected by the condition of your room. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Me and my coworker stay here for one night during business trip. There are two computer stations you can use computer and printer; however, we always travel with our own laptop, so free Internet service and free parking is very important to me.
I stayed in room 211. Nice king bed room. The bed is comfortable and it's kind in the corner (look outside from window) so very quiet room. Big new LG TV, mini refregirator, clean bathroom. I like the room. Only the door make loud notice bothered me a bit.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 21, 2013

It does have meeting rooms suitable for a large group. Meals were mainly pedestrian buffet. One evening banquet was overcooked beef rib roast and pre-packaged grease cake.
Luggage trolleys are limited.
Overpriced but this is expensive Westchester County.

Room Tip: Try to get on ground floor near an exit. It can be long walk from front desk. I never did see any...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Eugene C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave our property a review. It is good to know that our meeting rooms were convenient for your business needs. We deeply regret the dissatisfaction of your stay especially with the service received from our staff and food choices not being at par with your expectations. Your comments have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Zelyn N

Doral Arrowwood
Doral Arrowwood
#2 of 2 in Rye Brook
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County

Been to Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)? Share your experiences!