“Has Potential To Be Better”

Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Kisco
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My first impression of this hotel was very favorable. The lobby is spacious and well appointed. The folks working the front desk were very friendly but did not recognize me as a platinum elite member. I was not offered any perks usually given to the most frequent of Holiday Inn travelers. There was no discount coupon for breakfast or dinner in the restaurant, no free drink coupon, no free bottle of water and no other snack was offered. I'm not sure if this is hotel policy; but if it is their policy that really should change if they want frequent travelers as their repeat customers. Before going to my room I asked at the front desk if I should stay parked in front of the hotel or if it would be easier to move my car to the back of the hotel. I was told my room was half way down a very long hallway so I could stay where I was parked. What they did not tell me was there was another entrance halfway down that hallway very close to where my room was. I certainly would have moved my car to that spot if the front desk told me about that entrance. The room was nice and spacious. I liked the desk area as it offered plenty of room. The mattress was very comfortable but I did not like the pillows as they were too thick and firm to meet my needs. The bedroom and bathroom areas were both very clean but inside my bathtub was a fairly large spider. It was quickly removed and there were no other unwanted creatures crawling around the room; as least none that I saw. I know these things can happen but someone else could have been totally freaked out by seeing that spider in the tub. My check out process was very easy and there was complimentary coffee service set up in the lobby in the morning. I think this property has the potential to be better, but for now it is quite average.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear AtomicReviewer,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided. I apologize for the services that you have received which is not up to your par. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were in town for a special event and stayed at this property for one night. It is clearly an older Holiday Inn that is beginning to show its age. On the positive side rooms are large by modern hotel standards, well appointed, comfortable beds etc. Long cinder bloc corridors however, quickly take you back to the 1960's. The location is excellent with few other choices in the area. The staff was generally helpful. Hopefully this Inn will soon be replaced my a more contemporary facility.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear AJandCV,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. i am glad you mentioned our friendly staff as well as our convenient location. However, I am sorry you found some aspects of our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W

Reviewed September 27, 2013

If you are looking for a short stay for business travel, I would suggest the Holiday Inn.
The rooms are clean and Average.
The food is good, nice Bar, and plenty of parking.
There are no special attractions in Mount kisco,
Can take a taxi if you need to venture out.
I would rent a car.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Thank Princess Valeri... M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear VanessaPapageorgio,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. It is pleasing to know that you found our room accommodations to be sufficient for your needs and the food served met your liking.

I hope you see us soon if your travels bring you back to the area!

Regards,

Pam G

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I and our 2 kids stayed here back in July. It was a very beautiful hotel, and the staff was friendly. However, we found multiple bugs--not sure what type, but they were worm-like and were ALL over the room. The morning desk clerk offered no more than and "oh ok" when we let her know. I realize that some things are a little out of one's control, but at least a little sympathy would be nice.

Breakfast was good, not worth the price, but very yummy. The hotel itself is dated, but in a nice way.

Had a good time, but was a little disappointed with the "bug situation" especially having a newborn baby and fearing one would crawl on him!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kaitlyn R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Kaitlyn R,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst we are pleased with the good comments, we truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We are sorry if your stay was negatively affected by the condition of your room. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Me and my coworker stay here for one night during business trip. There are two computer stations you can use computer and printer; however, we always travel with our own laptop, so free Internet service and free parking is very important to me.
I stayed in room 211. Nice king bed room. The bed is comfortable and it's kind in the corner (look outside from window) so very quiet room. Big new LG TV, mini refregirator, clean bathroom. I like the room. Only the door make loud notice bothered me a bit.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 21, 2013

It does have meeting rooms suitable for a large group. Meals were mainly pedestrian buffet. One evening banquet was overcooked beef rib roast and pre-packaged grease cake.
Luggage trolleys are limited.
Overpriced but this is expensive Westchester County.

Room Tip: Try to get on ground floor near an exit. It can be long walk from front desk. I never did see any...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Eugene C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave our property a review. It is good to know that our meeting rooms were convenient for your business needs. We deeply regret the dissatisfaction of your stay especially with the service received from our staff and food choices not being at par with your expectations. Your comments have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Zelyn N

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed one night on business.
It was fine for my purposes. It is a two story hotel and there is no elevator. They put me on the 2nd floor I think because I was traveling light with just hand luggage so that was fine. My room was a standard business type room - very comfortable with good sized desk and free internet although this was very slow indeed - enough for email but not for large files or streaming however email was all I really needed.

There is an outdoor pool of quite reasonable size which i did not use and a and a tiny fitness room which I did use (2 treadmills, stepper, and bike) The TV in the fitness room was not working properly when i was there.

The restaurant on site was very quiet and the food was not great however I was tired and it was quite inexpensive.

Breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Trew68,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the internet connection, fitness center and food selection. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Inn on the Hudson
#2 of 2 in Peekskill
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson

Been to Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)? Share your experiences!