“Good for rest but not food”

Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Kisco
Reviewed December 24, 2012

This was fine for rest. We had to attend a funeral and this was very convenient. The staff was very friendly and accomodating to our big group. The only negative was Teddy's restaurant is not equipped to deal with big groups on short notice. Again the staff was great but the food was mediocre at best.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Robert T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

I am so sorry for your loss, I am glad my staff was very friendly and accomidating to you and your group during your visit. Our goal is to create a memory, that is why teddy's will introduce our "cook to order breakfast buffet" Our goal is a simple one, to give our guests the freshest and hottest breakfast they could want. Next time you are in town please stop by and ask for me so I could thank you in person.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I am more than a bit concerned over the price of this hotel during a time when there are so many people suffering from the effects of Hurricane Sandy and who are trying to find a room in which to rest? Why are doctors, nurses and other service representatives on their way to help those in New Jersey having to pay the pumped up rates be being asked for by this hotel during a time of crisis. Unfortunately, this is not the only hotel that is doing the same thing at this difficult time. Barking dogs are not easy for emergency personnel who are trying to get needed rest.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
stephen p, Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Hello, Dr. Rigby

As for our Pricing, the rates during the storm were very similar to our normal pricing during this time of the year.
Again thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, we are always striving to deliver the best possible customer expierence.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

As I have said in other reviews, I am yet to find a hotel I really like in the US. The Holiday Inn is nothing special. Fairly big room but a/c was rubbish - too loud and temperature control not great. I had about half a mile walk from reception, but that didn't bother me. Restaurant was ok - typical American food, but I ate at the bar three separate times during my stay, and everyone who served me was lovely. Especially the lady who was building a house in Indonesia. By the time I left I felt like I was eating with a friend. So I would go back, if I was going to be eating there alone, otherwise I would try somewhere else I think.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
stephen p, Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear, SeagullSteve

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are very happy to have been your choice of accomodation during your past visit to the United States. I apoaligize about the problems you encountered with our AC unit, we will certainly make sure that it gets inspected.
I agree with you, that our staff is wonderful. They have a real desire to make heart connections with our guests, and it seems like, when you were with us, thats exactly what happened.
Again thank you for your review, i'll pass along the kind words to our staff. I hope we are able to accomodate you again, on your next trip back to the US.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I was horrified on my recent visit to find that I was staying in a dog kennel. Every room around me had a dog! Dogs barked all day and night! This was so incredibly upsetting. I just wanted a place to sleep! I couldn't walk out of my room without being accosted by dogs in the halls! Who lets this many dogs stay in a people hotel? Why wasnt this mentioned at the time I made the reservation? Oh, and the room and halls stink, as a result. The kids wanted to play frisbee, but you can't walk on the grass outside as dogs pee/poop everywhere - all outdoors is a doggie run. Ick.

On top of this, when I made the reservation, the clerk asked if I wanted 1 bed or 2 and I said 2. I got a room with 1 bed.

Room Tip: Try to find a room far away from the dogs!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FostytheGrinch
Robert T, Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay with us. Yes, we are a pet friendly hotel, our pet policy can be viewed on our web site. Where we do welcome pets to our hotel we tend not to have as many as we do now. Most of the increase is due to Hurricane Sandy. Many communities have been displaced due to water damage, loss of power and destroyed homes. Pets to many families, are part of the family and where many people who don't normally bring pets to hotels were forced to do so in this time of need. We understand times of disaster can be frustrating, we do feel very fortunate that we were able to maintain power throughout this crisis and provide refuge for entire families.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn for the past 10 years. Either for a snow storm and we lost our electricity or when we have relatives come in to stay. I have never been so suprised to find out when I tried to make a reservation today due to the impending storm Sandy that the hotel will not take a reservation for less than three nights. I asked what will happen when I get power back, the answer-- was sorry we have a three night minimum. Why is there a three night minimum? The real answer is because they can. What happened to customer relationship and helping your neighbor in a crises, and not taking advantage of them. I then phoned the only other near by hotel and found they had a 7 night minimum stay. Wow Holiday Inn -- you look caring in comparison!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Robert T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Let me first thank you for the time you have used our hotel in the past, we at the Holiday Inn can understand your confusion as to why hotels may sometimes have minimum stay attached to a reservation. During major events like a snow storms and such some people will book rooms in case they need them, which is understandable I would do the same thing for my family. The unfortunate thing is those rooms become unsellable for the people who may actually need them due to health conditions, elderly, emergency crews to restore power or people who have had their houses damaged. One of the most difficult things for an Inn Keeper to do is to say we have no rooms available (especially for someone in distress), only to have a cancellation if they did not lose power and that person we turned away had to search for an alternate place to stay.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

This Holiday Inn was very good for the price of the accommodations. It was quiet and clean. Good restaurant also. Very helpful desk . We ask for directions to various stores and restaurants and we were provided excellent information. Check out was easy And quick.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TCODY
stephen p, Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear, TCody

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, we always encourage guest feedback and comments. We are always striving to deliver a guest expierence above the rest.
I'm very pleased to read your kind words, i will certinaly pass them along to the enitre staff, i know they will be thankful of the fact that thier hard work is appreciated.
I hope you were able to see some of out local attractions, while you were with us.

Hopefully you'll be traveling back to our area again soon,
Our goal is to make all guests feel, like our hotel is thier home away from home.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night on a business trip, something like $150 including breakfast and internet.

Staff was very nice and helpful. The Hotel is simply OK, but nothing special.

Buffet style breakfast was ok.

It does have a nice little pub.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear, Orangecat1

Thank you for taking the time to comment about our hotel. We do appreciate guest feedback and comments.
Thank you for the kind words about our staff, we are always striving to deliver a great guest expierence.
We feel our breakfast buffet is the perfect start to the day, and i'm happy to hear you enjoyed it as well.
Teddys bar & lounge is a perfect place to unwind and enjoy one self after a long day at work, its pleasing to see that you enjoyed it.
Again thank you for your comments, we will keep striving for perfection. We hope to be welcoming you back in the near future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Kisco
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Hawthorne
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County

Been to Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)? Share your experiences!