“The good reviews are right”
Review of Tuscan Oven - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tuscan Oven
Cuisines: Mexican, Moroccan, Tunisian, Bangladeshi
“The good reviews are right”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I was in town for business and wanted to look up a local restaurant. This was the #1 restaurant in Mt. Kisko, and had only average or better reviews so I wanted to give it a try. It's already been said, but don't let the strip mall exterior fool you. Inside is a great Italian restaurant. Since I was alone and had no way to keep leftovers, I went with something inexpensive so I wouldn't feel bad about wasting food. I had the Margherita pizza and thought it was above average. Even though I was alone, I still had very good service and attention, and there is a very nice ambiance. If I were going for a big meal, I would LOVE to try the Berkshire pork on the menu - it sounded delicous!

• Visited March 2012

Leatherstocking Region New York
“Looks bette on inside than outside.”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Don't judge a book by its cover. Set in a strip mall setting, the inside was much more enjoyable than the outside appearance. Service was excellent for our lunch. Quite a few choices could be made from the menu, but we went with soup, cheese board, and salads. Portions were ample and prices not outrageous for Westchester County. Assaggi Formaggio (cheese plate) was $12. Zuppa Di Verdure was $9 each. Bread was also provided with this lunch and some Olive Oil for dipping. Saturday lunch crowd was sparse (1 PM), but we got a kick listening to the group next to us during lunch. They were obviously part of the 1% from the yearly worldwide excursions that they had all taken or were getting ready to go on: Paris, Italy, Cambodia, Thailand, etc.

Visited February 2012
USA
“excellent italian food, fantastic service at reasonable prices”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I have been a customer for years - I still return even though I have moved to CT. The food is consistently excellent, service has always been professional. You can feel as if you are in Italy - the pace is relaxed, no one rushes you from your table. It is yours for the evening if you want it. So maybe you can't afford that trip to Europe this year. Go to Tuscan Oven, sip some prosecco, savor their pasta (mostly home-made) and indulge in very authentic desserts and espresso. La bella vita!

• Visited September 2011
Armonk, New York
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

While tucked in a strip mall, this is a great little Italian restaurant with a varied and upscale menu a cut above standard Italian fare, including but not limited to very good artisan pizzas.

Visited October 2011
Stafford Springs, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Taste of Authentic Tuscany Sitting in Mt. Kisco”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Tuscan oven is one of my favorite restaurants. I have travelled extensively and the restaurants of Tuscany, Florence, Rome are some of my favorites. The ambiance of Tuscan Oven in Mt. Kisco simulates an Italian Restaurant found in italy not only with the surrounding Italian dialect spoken by some of the waiters as well as the owner but the menu itself. The decor looks and feels authentic. I think I have tried at least half of the selections. There is no such think as a poor meal at Tuscan Oven. The bar area which was completely renovated since I first started going to this restaurant now can accommodate more people both at the tables and the bar itself.
Do not miss this expereince if you are in the town of Bedford. I own a house in Katonah and when I am there I eat at this restaurant.

• Visited February 2011