“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of Via Vanti! - CLOSED

Via Vanti!
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great food, service and atmosphere. Wasn't expecting the atmosphere to be so cute. Told the waitress it was our first time there she was more than helpful throughout the night. The gelato is fantastic!!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

One of our go to places. Great use of space. Wonderful food, professional service and never disappointing.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Inventive and creatively delcious Italian fare. REALLY great for local dining out! Enjoyed a fantastic meal with friends in a great environment and with excellent service! Will absolutely go back!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Via Vanti is a restaurant that is a worthy destination in and of itself. My wife and I were back in our old neighborhood, loosely speaking, of Westchester County, New York and were looking for a new dining experience. We saw the restaurant advertised as one of the best for Italian food. The review was not exaggerating one iota. I had been to the train station that houses the restaurant several years ago when I was working as a journalist, but before Via Vanti existed. I was expecting "interesting" but had no idea how "interesting". As soon as we opened the door we were greeted by the host as if we were long lost relatives, there was no doubt that we were welcome.

Greg, "Gregorio", as he's known to the locals was to be our waiter for the evening and within minutes we had bonded. His knowledge of the menue and of food was encyclopedic and insightful. I asked him to recommend items from the menue as if that were the only time in our lives that we would be eating there...more about that later.... he asked us some basic diagnostic questions...and voila...we ordered the following:

Risotto & Almond Pancake with Grilled Shrimp (Now in Season) 15
A crispy risotto and almond cake with grilled shrimp and rocket drizzled with a citrus
and white balsamic glaze
Veggie Capellini (Now in Season) 12
Fine strands of seasonal veggies simply tossed with a light tomato and garlic sauce on basil crostini
‘Deconstructed Pesto’ with Buffalo Mozzarella (Now in Season) 13
Creamy D.O.C. buffalo mozzarella, basil, pine nuts, roasted garlic puree
and an herb oil with sweet teardrop tomatoes
Eggplant & Mushroom Strata 14 As a Main 18
Earthy eggplant layered with wild mushrooms, goat cheese, roasted tomatoes,
caramelized onions, black truffle oil drizzle

I won't give a blow by blow description of all of the dishes because they were all amazing. My wife and I had different "favorites", she liked the crispy risotto and the Veggie Capellini the most but really enjoyed the other two dishes as well. I was the opposite, my favorites were the Eggplant and Mushroom Strata and the Deconstructed Pesto with Buffalo Mozzarella.

One of the unique concepts of this restaurant is the gelato...now lots of places offer gelato...but not as a meeting place for guests to get to know each other....this is social media in the flesh. The gelato recipes are Via Vanti's and are made with five star standards. Gregorio recommended trying all of the gelato's at the freezer case which is the first thing you see when you enter the restaurant. They delight in serving bite size samples and encourage you to sample them all....I almost did..but settled on having Gregorio bring me two flavors that would be complementary....omg!!!! what a sinful desert...absolutely amazing!!!! Chocolate Arancia and Cappuccino Crunch....I was in gelato heaven. To top off the experience Gregorio brought over the chef to meet us...and then...he said...now that you've met the chef...I'd like to introduce the owner. Talk about being made to feel welcome...just the best. Carla was warm and friendly and interested in our feedback about everything to do with Via Vanti...she is really proud of her concept that food is not just for eating but to provide an experience and a social event...I could not agree more. I fully intend to go back next time I'm in the area and make Via Vanti a destination of it's own. Mangia!

1  Thank hpeterpics
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We arrived Thursday night for dinner and encountered a multitude of fans but no air conditioning. The tables were extremely close together so the atmosphere was stifling. After enduring the place for 15 minutes we left without ordering any drinks or food. When we made the reservation no one advised us that their air conditioning was not working which was not thoughtful or considerate especially since we live in the suburbs and must drive whenever we go out. The establishment made no attempt to offer us a drink or apologize for the inconvenience we had experienced. I don't think we will go back again.

1  Thank Quest2Go