“Reservations recommended”
Review of Cafe of Love

Cafe of Love
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe of Love is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 85 Restaurants in Mount Kisco
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: So. Moger Avenue
Transit: Take Harlem line from Grand Central and get off at Mt. Kisco station. Walk across the street!
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We attempted to get in late on a Friday evening for dinner without a reservation which was a mistake as this place was CRAZY busy. The wait for a table was a little longer than the 20 minutes we were first told, but without a reservation we were lucky to get in at all. The owner Leslie and all the staff were very nice and very attentive. We were told by the hostess that it was worth the wait and she was correct. The soup and appetizers were wonderful, the entrees were fabulous and the desserts were scrumptious. We will certainly return but will be sure to make a reservation next time.

There are newer reviews for Cafe of Love

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had lunch with a friend and loved the place! I had a grass fed burger, onion soup and a Kale and beet salad and enjoyed it all!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Have been twice in the last couple months. The first time was for lunch and the second time was for dinner.
Lunch - Food was very good and the service was good. Waitress was pleasant but continued to interrupt the conversation my friend and I were having as we were enjoying our wine. I would of been a bit more understanding had the restaurant been very busy, however, it was mid-week and only about half full. Enjoyed the mussels very much.
Dinner - Securing a reservation on a weekend is no easy feat and I am not a fan of making a dinner reservation too far in advance. When I phoned for a reservation the very pleasant hostess told me the bar serves the full menu on a first come first serve basis. We were looking to dine around 5:45 so there was plenty of room when we arrived. The bartenders were very pleasant and the atmosphere was quite lovely. We shared the flatbread - it was FABULOUS! My husband had a seafood mix (delicious) and I had the pork shank. Pork shank was way under seasoned and had a lemon topping that was just not right for my taste buds. Not bad - just not for me. We shared the croissant bread pudding for dessert and this too was FABULOUS! My only real complaint this night (Saturday) was that by 7:00pm they were very busy - all tables were filled as was every seat at the bar, except for the one chair next to my husband. (I sat on the end nearest the kitchen.) They asked my husband to move down, which he did, as much as possible, squeezed another bar stool in and there was clearly not enough room. Next to him sat a gentlemen with no comprehension of personal space. It should have never happened - a very poor judgement call and in my eyes reflects very poorly on management.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

overall a very lovely place with great food and a cute atmosphere, it is a great place to stop in for a drink at the bar and maybe an app or two.. OR a nice romantic dinner with a special someone

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a review from a visit last July. Good food but headache-inducing din and arctic temperatures with cold breeze made the overall dining experience poor. A dinner conversation was all but impossible.

The deafening level of noise coupled with the brutally cold AC as we entered should have tipped us off. As we were seated, we were given chive butter, a bean dip, and some wonderful radishes. We had a nice table but the thermostat was set on arctic and a breeze blew directly on me. I had a light sweater but it wasn't enough. At the neighboring tables, women were hugging themselves and rubbing their arms to stay warm. Someone spoke to the owner about it and she seemed to say bring a jacket next time - it wasn't clear above the din, but the temperature certainly didn't improve. Sad to say, when dinner conversation was "Could you say that again please, I didn't hear you" and one couldn't wait to get back to the heat and humidity outside, no matter how tasty the food, it's not an experience I would suggest to others. So I guess why go on about the salad and entrees? If you go - take a warm layer, be proficient in sign language, and take an aspirin to ward off the noise-induced headache. These are problems that can be solved - and should be.

In sum, food was excellent but so what.