“neighborhood gem”
Review of Global Grill @ Myong Gourmet - CLOSED

Global Grill @ Myong Gourmet
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The name says it all at Global Grill, where Chef Myong's innovative culinary style manages to transcend both borders and traditions. Above all else, she values the integrity of her ingredients-including sustainably grown produce, locally raised meats, and-in one special case, freshly caught bronzino and orata that were flown in from Greece overnight. Every recipe she creates accentuates the naturally vibrant flavors of these ingredients, a feat which she accomplishes by using the world as her spice rack. Rather than constrain herself to the culinary style of one culture, she adopts an approach that incorporates flavors from every corner of the compass. In addition to garnering a handful of Westchester magazine's "Best Of" awards in recent years, Global Grill also earned praise from The New York Times for its cuisine's freshness and staff's attention to detail. A razor-sharp sense of balance is evident throughout the seasonal menus. Crispy Hudson Valley duck arrives with a rum-apple-apricot-chili compote and cider reduction, using the tension of sweet, savory, and spicy to create a distinctive entree that has endured as a crowd favorite. Chef Myong's organic, Korean-style fried chicken achieves an extra layer of flavorful depth by soaking in a spicy brine, and the miso-marinated black grouper's exotic mushrooms lend a hearty-yet-balanced contrast to the fish's bright citrus gloss. Beyond its main fine-dining menu-which comprises an impressive number of gluten-free options-Global Grill also features a selection of tapas-style small plates that Chef Myong updates whenever she receives a new flash of inspiration or a particularly intriguing ingredient from the marke
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Whether for lunch or dinner, this place is wonderful. the ingredients are always very fresh. Dishes are imaginative with interesting and delicious flavors. The Korean beef taco is delicious. Nice wine list with reasonably priced house wines. Bok chow salad is one of my favorites. The cellophane wraps for lunch are delicious. You cannot go wrong. You can can have a light soup and salad or a full meal.

1  Thank deedee1951

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have passed by this restaurant for a while now. I wasn't sure if it was a caterer or a market. I am not even sure of the pronunciation of the name.It just never occurred to me to go there. A friend suggested we go on a Friday night. We didn't have a reservation but we were quickly seated by a very friendly waitress The atmosphere is pleasant and cozy. Nice background music. .As luck would have it we were there on one of the nights of restaurant week. The waitress strongly suggested we chose from the special menu and said we would not be disappointed. She was right. We ordered the steak taco and the Bok Choy salad. Both were very good. Taco was very tasty with just the right amount of spice. The salad was fresh and perfectly dressed. My friend had the calamari and shrimp dish over jasmine rice. It was spicy and she loved it. I had the Short rib over house made tagliatelle. It was fantastic. A rich tomato and mushroom sauce with a fork tender short rib. I LOVED IT. The desserts were not as satisfying. Poached pear came with a salted caramel sauce. The spiced pear overwhelmed the caramel so all you really tasted was cinnamon and clove. The NY cheesecake was not like any cheesecake I have had. It was very dense and not very creamy. It was almost frozen and sitting atop a rather tasteless cookie. If dessert hadn't come with the special menu we probably would not have ordered it. I will go back just so I can try some of the other interesting appetizers and entrees. Service was fast and friendly and they did not rush us at the end of the meal. It was a nice evening with some good food. I will recommend this place to friends.I am looking forward to my next visit.

1  Thank 7Lisal
Reviewed June 17, 2013

When this restaurant first opened, like many others, you couldnt get in the door. After about three months, MYONG started going downhill. The atmosphere and the management didn't fit the cost. The service is extremely slow and rude. My son ordered and asked if he could change a side to his entree and was told, "you can't have it the way you want it". Since dining in, we have gone in for take out. You can walk in there on a Saturday at 6 and the place is empty and the take out food cabinet isnt' even lit. I'm afraid this restaurant won't be around much longer.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Ate for the first (but not the last) time at Myong Gourmet. Biggest problem was deciding which dishes to try. Wish I went with a larger group so we could have tried more things. Pulled pork in lettuce cups as appetizer and apricot roasted duck as main course were my choices. Warm apple dessert was also terrific and almost enough for 2. But other appetizers like lamb sliders, salads,mains (like Korean fried chicken) sounded tantalizing (and looked great when i saw them brought out to other diners). Menu may change seasonally. Food not necessarily Asian and represents many cuisines, difficult to categorize.

1  Thank mschoenmd
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was impressed with the eclectic selection of menu items and enjoyed the food. I expected Asian food, but was surprised to find Italian dishes, as well. Three ladies shared appetizers. I particularly liked the oysters and tuna tartare. The Myong salad is fantastic. Atmosphere is nice and service was good. It would definitely go back.

1  Thank milliegordon2