“Great Food”

Ranked #1 of 85 Restaurants in Mount Kisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Village Social offers the perfect formula of design, community and lifestyle. Great food, great service, great music and great conversation.The sounds of local chatter increase as you walk through the door. The décor feels warm and inviting, yet industrial and rustic…the perfect balance to a welcoming environment. Brick, refurbished barn wood, concrete flooring and transparent glass supported by exposed iron trusses define the structure. The subtle scent of wood burning in the brick oven fills the room, with the accent of seared specialties, dashed with the fragrance of fresh herbs..washed with a glass of red wine..all served with a side of classic rock riffs.
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I was invited by my daughter to dine at this restaurant. I was skeptical at first but never turned down an invitation by my daughter. The meal was extraordinary. Everything was beyond excellent. We ended up ordering many dishes as we could not believe that the consistency of quality and taste would remain the same. It was some of the best food I have eaten in a very long time in any restaurant.
Service was good, and this is a restaurant that I will be returning to again. Relatively casual dining atmosphere, with some of the best cooks/chefs. The calamari was excellent!! the soup!! goodness..pasta..unbelievable..steak..awesome! You can tell I really loved the food at this establishment.

There are newer reviews for Village Social Kitchen & Bar

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

We got three appetizers between us and I got a meal. The appetizers tasted like they came from the grocery store freezer. The meal was just ok. The drinks were really good though. The drinks were fresh and had a good amount of alcohol

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Had lunch here yesterday with a group of friends who were mostly new to Mt. Kisco, and all completely unfamiliar with Social. A great time was had by all.
Most of us ordered from the 3-course prix fixe Restaurant Week menu ($20.95/pp). Some ordered the grilled shrimp as an appetizer, which consisted of 3 medium-sized shrimp (an oxymoron if there ever was one), quite peppery and garnished with chopped scallions and presented in small ramekins. Others opted for the special salad of watercress and cheese with mandarin oranges. Everyone was happy - but I must say the salad was HUGE, and thus a "better deal" than the shrimp. Oddly, no bread was served or offered. Was that an oversight?
For the main courses, some had the grilled sliced skirt steak, which was a large portion, served with seasoned roasted potatoes and peas; one person had the salmon filet, and one person went with a hamburger and fries from the regular menu, which he pronounced perfectly seasoned and cooked "just right."
My only criticism would be that we were not offered the option of ordering our meat "rare" or "medium rare." The server told us that the meat was all cooked "medium" - which is a very odd thing to hear in a restaurant serving any kind of beef. As it happened, some slices were actually a little bit pink (medium rare), and the diner who asked for her meat "well done" got it that way. Puzzling.
The desserts ranged from panna cotta cream with macerated fruit, to warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and mango sorbet with seasonal fresh fruits. Every plate was cleaned, and our friends are already making plans to return.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Well, I want to give this place a good review because it's a great spot to take clients. I know the bar scene is very popular with the younger crowd but I have only gone here for lunch (twice) and dinner (twice). One of the owners, I am unsure of his name, is extremely rude. He treats those who walk through the door like they're bothering him. I thought this from the first visit and it hasn't changed. The service is atrocious. period. I have had different servers at each visit and the server to kitchen communication is lacking. I ordered a personal pizza and he brought out pork chops. (seriously?) The food, once brought out and cooked properly, is tasty. If you go there when they have the fire burning your eyes will burn and you will cough from the smell of smoke.. ventilation isn't working right or something. The prices are high but commensurate with the area and decor. It's one of those places that I may continue to dine because new clients come into the area, but I would not recommend it at all

Reviewed January 5, 2014

There with my grandson who has soy allergy
They checked all,ingredients to made sure that what he could have