“Inspiring menu with wonderful service”

Copper Turret Restaurant & Brewhouse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Morrisville, NY, we pride ourselves with our delicious and innovative menu featuring fresh, local ingredients, an extensive beer selection, and our team approach to service – no tipping necessary! Additionally, we are home to Morrisville State College's Culinary Arts Management and Hospitality Programs. Our learning laboratory allows students to gain real-world experience and perfect their skills for a successful career. We hope to serve you soon!
Reviewed December 15, 2012

So glad we stopped, finally, because after many years of just passing by while going to and from work we found a real gem of a place. There is a nice bar with a very clean and open room upon entering Copper Turret. There is a fire place here as well as one in the main dining room. They offer many nice selections on their bar food menu, and the main dining menu offers some outstanding entree's. We were seated in the main dining room which has a very calming and warm ambiance. The dinner salad had a variety of greens that were very fresh and soft as if they were just picked that day. Pumpkin bread was served with a carrot marmalade which was fabulously delicious (I never would have thought of this combination). For appetizer we had lamb with I believe was a mocha espresso reduction sauce. My wife and I could have split an order.

For entree's my daughter had the best sea scallops ever. Not only were these truly fresh and perfectly prepared, the pumpkin seed crust with sage marscarpone cream sauce was to die for. My wife enjoyed something different (which is what one should do when dining out); she had the grilled sweet potato sandwich. I had the roast porchetta pork loin with pork belly served with roasted root vegetables. This was like holiday fare and so unexpected. Making this meal all the better was paring one of my favorite wines from their wine list, Snoqualmie Sauvignon Blanc (Columbia Vally, WA).

The chef seems to favor sustainably harvested seafood and antibiotic, hormone free meats. Many of the ingredients come from local farms. The server made every attempt to meet our every need. If you're looking for a nice place for a special dinner with family or for business I would highly recommend a trip out to Morrisville (about 30 minutes south of Syracuse, NY).

There are newer reviews for Copper Turret Restaurant & Brewhouse

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have eaten at the Copper Turret many times for everything from drinks to lunch to dinner.I have never been let down.
The bottled beer selection is great. Many of the ingredients are local.

The menu is varied with interesting things on offer from the 88 hour sandwich to the ranchero rib eye to the best homemade chips you can ever had.
The deserts are good there are many seasonal offerings ever had sweet corn ice cream?

The copper Turret is a great choice for drinks of a meal.

1  Thank UpstateDave82
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The menus span pub food to gourmet . Have eaten here many, many times and have never been disappointed. We can always count on exceptional service, tasty, creative food, a commitment to the local growers and a welcoming atmosphere. Love this place!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Housed in a beautifully renovated downtown building, this restaurant has tasty menu options using local ingredients. Menu ranges from comfort food to gourmet with a nice wine selection and a full bar. Dine in the pub for a more casual atmosphere - live music on weekends.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

While on a car tour, we stopped here for lunch. Yes, they had burgers, but so much more. Unique combos of fresh foods. I had quiche and my friend had a tasy sandwich with fruit and brie. Service top notch and nie atmosphere. A keeper!